MSC MBACP, Children, young people, adults & parent work
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
As a psychodynamic psychotherapist, my work is highly relational, allowing for the relationship between client and therapist to be at the heart of the process.
I bring into my private practice my experience working within school, organsation and NHS settings with children, adolescents and adults facing a wide range of challenges, including family issues, separation, divorce, loss, relationship issues, bullying, abuse, trauma, school and social difficulties, internet and social media exposure and transitions.
Much of my work is with young people facing a wide range of difficulties such as anxiety and depression. Many adolescents also grapple with low self-esteem and low self-confidence, phobias and issues around sexuality and identity. These difficulties are often endured silently.
My work with adults equally covers a wide range of issues such as those above mentioned.
My psychodynamic approach focuses on exploring unconscious processes; in other words, I help each client to think about their internal world, including thoughts and feelings that they might not be in touch with, and which, through gaining awareness, can help them to gain greater understanding of how they feel about themselves and those around them.
I use my specialist training and experience as registered child & adolescent psychotherapist to provide a safe space where children and young people can bring up what matters to them in their own way and time.
I also apply these skills and experience to provide parent work sessions, where parents can address their concerns about their relationship with their child/children and their difficulties around parenting.
My training in child development and in attachment are instrumental to my work both with children and young people, adults and parents.
Psychotherapy and parent work both help clients to gain greater understanding about their specific situation. This can enable greater resourcefulness. Clients often feel more at ease with themselves and others, and can develop greater resilience, making them better able to cope with difficult situations and feelings.
Much of the work with younger children involves play and art as this is often their preferred way to communicate what is going on for them and how they feel. Older children, adolescents and adults tend to engage in therapy through talking.
At parent work sessions, parents attend on their own, or if they have children aged 0-5, they can attend with their child/children. During these sessions we can address issues around parenting and their relationship with their child/children. These sessions focus on the parent-child dynamics.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MSc Psychodynamic counselling and psychotherapy with children and adolescents.
- BACP registered. I am registered with the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
- Work in primary school setting. I have worked at a primary school in connection with Place2Be, working with children from different ethnic backgrounds and from different ages.
- Work with adolescent girls, women and mothers. I worked in a Latin American organisation with adolescents, women and mothers on a wide range of issues including self-harm, suicidal ideation, domestic violence, social violence, sexual, emotional and physical abuse, neglect and other issues. With mothers, my work was focused on a wide range of parenting difficulties and concerns.
- Work in a cancer charity in association with the NHS. I worked in a cancer charity associated with the NHS, providing counselling to people with cancer and their loved ones.
- Experience working with chidren, adolescents, young people, adults and parents.
- Bilingual work in English and in Spanish.
- Training on working with diversity and difference.
- Attachment-based work.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- School difficulties
- Internet and social media issues
- Parental separation
£50.00 per session
Concessions offered for
My fees are:
- Initial consultation fee: £50
- Subsequent consultations and sessions: £50
When I work
I offer online and video sessions to adolescents, adults and for parent work/consultations.
My services include:
- Psychotherapy with children, adolescents and adults.
- Parent & child sessions for parents and children aged 0-5.
- Parent/carer work sessions to provide support through the challenging aspects of parenting.