Lynne Muir CB Therapist, CMCOSCA, Dip Couns and Groupwork, BA (Hons), Dip Ed.
0131 654 0053
CBT for adults and adolescents.
Thank you for taking the time to read my profile. When you’re feeling stressed, anxious or depressed life can seem overwhelming. I hope I can help you.
I am a qualified Cognitive Behaviour Therapist and counsellor providing therapy for a range of problems, drawing upon current evidence-based practices. I have a great deal of experience working with anxiety, stress and low mood. I work with adults and young people and offer a confidential, safe and accepting space to help you improve the quality of your life.
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) is a way of looking at the links between how you think, how you feel and how you behave. During times of mental stress or distress, changing the way you think or behave can have really positive benefits on the way you feel and can help you to look at your situation in a different way. You can learn new ways of dealing with your problems helping you to cope better. We would do this together and at your own pace work towards your own goals.
I fit my approach to meet your needs using CBT as well as bringing in aspects of other therapies to best support you. I have experience working with issues such as:
- Depression / Low mood
- Grief, loss and other life changes
- Low self-esteem and confidence issues
- Relationship issues / Family issues
- Sleep problems
What to do next
If you like what you read here and think you might like to work with me please feel free to either Email or call me. If you would like to leave your phone number and a time that would best suit you I will call you back to discuss your current situation and what you would hope to get out of therapy. If you would prefer me to email you back please just say so.
You are welcome to attend an initial 40 minute session at a cost of £20 as it is important that you feel I am the right person for you to work with. You are under no obligation to continue beyond this meeting.
I am a member of COSCA and GTC Scotland, and regulated by their professional codes of conduct and ethics. I have a current PVG certificate and am fully insured. I am a tutor assistant on the CBT Diploma course at the Centre of Therapy, Glasgow.
I am committed to continuous professional development, regularly attending courses, conferences, reading and making use of current research to enhance my professional practice. I attend monthly supervision with a BABCP* accredited CBT supervisor.
(*British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapists)
Training, qualifications & experience
SCOTACS Diploma in Counselling and Group Work – a CBT approach
COSCA Certificate in Counselling Skills
BA (HONS) University of Stirling
Diploma in Education University of Stirling
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Children and Young People: Theory and Practice, University of Edinburgh - Masters unit
- Applied Developmental Psychopathology, University of Edinburgh - Masters unit
- Tutor Assistant (Diploma Course) Centre of Therapy, Glasgow
- 8 week MBSR and Compassion Mindfulness Course
- Mindful Self Compassion Course
- Introduction to Mindfulness
- Introduction to Transactional Analysis
- Sleep Scotland Ambassador
- ASIST - Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
- Mental Imagery for Anxiety Disorders (Dr Martina di Simplicio: Cambridge University)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
50 minute session £40
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mondays & Fridays. Other times by arrangement. Free parking.
Types of client