Lucie Hollingsworth BACP (Individual) NCS (Accredited)
I understand the importance of feeling comfortable and at ease with your counsellor. I realise how important it is to feel safe in order to share what is weighing you down. People seek counselling for lots of different reasons and may benefit in different ways. I have worked with clients experiencing a wide range of issues: depression, anxiety, low self-esteem, suicidal thoughts, relationship breakdown, affairs and betrayals, bereavement, anger, loneliness, stress, childhood trauma and abuse as well as finding purpose and passion in life.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a qualified Integrative Counsellor. I put my client at the heart of my work and utilise different theories and tools to best support each client as an individual.
I have been volunteering for a charity in East Devon since mid 2019.
Level 2: Introduction to Counselling (2017)
Level 3: Foundation Certificate in Counselling (2018)
Level 4: Advanced Diploma in Counselling (NCS Accredited - 2020)
Continuing Professional Development:
- Sand Tray Therapy (Heartwood College of Counselling and Psychotherapy)
- CBT with Older People (Online - University of East Anglia)
- Psychology and mental health: Beyond nature and nurture (Online - University of Liverpool)
- Coronavirus: Considering Our Responses And Responsibilities – Kate Dunn & Carole Francis-Smith
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy from a Distance: Engaging the Body, Creating Presence, and Building Relationship In Online Therapy
- Online Therapy Institute - Moving your practice online
- Counselling Tutor – 80 hour CPD - Online and Telephone Counselling
- Dealing with Distress: Working with Suicide and Self-Harm Online Training – Carolyn Spring
- Working with Shame Online Training – Carolyn Spring
- Bereavement Awareness – Counselling Tutor CPD
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Areas of counselling I deal with
I charge £40 for a 50 minute online or telephone session. Payment is by BACs 24 hours in advance.
It was my own experience of the transformational effect of counselling that led me to train as a counsellor. I realise how important it was for me to be able to speak to someone in confidence who accepted me and my story without judgement. I trust my ability to reach out and begin a therapeutic relationship with you based on mutual human connection.