Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
This professional is available for new clients.
This professional is available for new clients.
I am a fully qualified counsellor graduated with Msc and post graduate diploma from the University of Strathclyde. I am a qualified psychotherapist and supervisor, able to provide support to individuals, groups, families and organisations throughout Glasgow and central Scotland.
Based around Glasgow and available to travel, I am registered with the BACP and have over 17 years of experience in counselling youth, adults and families in various contexts and have special expertise in counselling and competences (both in English & Arabic). My counselling support varies between short term, mid term and long term therapy help to people from all walks of life.
I have years of experience working with both private and public clients and have recently worked with councils across Scotland to support and counsel refugees from Syria, Iraq, the Middle East/ Asia and abroad.
I am dedicated to providing counselling and therapy support for whatever situation you may find yourself in, from personal support for Depression, Anxiety, Loss, Bullying, Abuse, Trauma and many more.
The core values of my counselling practice involve accepting clients and their situations unconditionally, being non judgmental, offering empathic understanding of your feelings and thoughts, and to being genuine and caring of your circumstances while building trusting relationships and sustaining confidentiality at all levels.
I have a genuine commitment to equality, diversity, dignity and respect for everyone and can help in whatever the situation.
If you would like to have a chat to discuss your situation and how I am able to help, please get in touch and find the support you are looking for.
Training, qualifications & experience
- 17+ Years Professional Experience
- Master of Science (MSc) in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Post Graduate Diploma in Person Centred Counselling
- Counselling Supervision Levels I and II (BACP Accredited)
- Emotion Focussed Therapy Level I and II (APT)
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT Practice and Tool Kit)
- Domestic Abuse Attitudes and Managing Support
- Person Centred Therapy (Working with Faith and Ethnicity)
- Working with Challenging Behaviour
- Counselling Skills COSCA
- BA Young People Teaching and Education
- Attitudes and Underlying Feelings
- BACP Registered since 2007
- 17+ years working with young people in schools, organisations and peer groups
- Supervision support for counsellors, trainees and volunteers
- Working with Scottish Councils aiding in counselling and interpretation for refugees and asylum seekers
- Multicultural counselling, including special expertise in ethnicity and faith issues
- Working within complex issues with regards to education attainment, discrimination, trauma, care settings, suicidal tendencies, sexuality, bereavement, low self esteem, abuse, protection issues, etc.
- Telephone counselling and individual risk analysis of each case in depth to develop plan for each client
- Full adherence and commitment to confidentiality practices at various levels
- Providing culturally sensitive therapy support
- Understanding and managing underlying mental health issues (self harm, stress, bereavement, anxiety, family problems, depression, sexuality, etc.)
- Dealing with protection issues, providing consultation and guidance to relevant stakeholders, such as schools, colleges, social work, health professionals, etc.
- In depth experience in providing counselling to multicultural individuals and to diverse clients of ethnic and faith backgrounds, including asylum seekers and refugees
- Extensive experience of counselling and interpretation in both English and Arabic
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£45 for one hour counselling session (In Person and Telephone counselling).
£50 for one hour supervision for Counsellors/ £40 for trainee and volunteer counsellors.
I can provide Day Rates and Half Day Rates for contract work - Please enquire.
When I work
Contact me any time by call or email.