Lina Hammami Qualified - MSc Counselling & Psychotherapy, Supervisor, MBACP
I am a fully qualified counsellor graduated with Msc and post graduate diploma from the University of Strathclyde. I am a qualified psychotherapist and supervisor, able to provide support to individuals, groups, families and organisations throughout Glasgow and central Scotland.
Based around Glasgow and available to travel, I am registered with the BACP and have over 14 years of experience in counselling youth, adults and families in various contexts and have special expertise in counselling and competences (both in English & Arabic). My counselling support varies between short term, mid term and long term therapy help to people from all walks of life.
I have years of experience working with both private and public clients and have recently worked with councils across Scotland to support and counsel refugees from Syria, Iraq, the Middle East/ Asia and abroad.
I am dedicated to providing counselling and therapy support for whatever situation you may find yourself in, from personal support for Depression, Anxiety, Loss, Bullying, Abuse, Trauma and many more.
The core values of my counselling practice involve accepting clients and their situations unconditionally, being non judgmental, offering empathic understanding of your feelings and thoughts, and to being genuine and caring of your circumstances while building trusting relationships and sustaining confidentiality at all levels.
I have a genuine commitment to equality, diversity, dignity and respect for everyone and can help in whatever the situation.
If you would like to have a chat to discuss your situation and how I am able to help, please get in touch and find the support you are looking for.
Training, qualifications & experience
- 15+ Years Professional Experience
- Master of Science (MSc) in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Post Graduate Diploma in Person Centred Counselling
- Counselling Supervision Levels I and II (BACP Accredited)
- Emotion Focussed Therapy Level I and II (APT)
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT Practice and Tool Kit)
- Domestic Abuse Attitudes and Managing Support
- Person Centred Therapy (Working with Faith and Ethnicity)
- Working with Challenging Behaviour
- Counselling Skills COSCA
- BA Young People Teaching and Education
- Attitudes and Underlying Feelings
- BACP Registered since 2007
- 15+ years working with young people in schools, organisations and peer groups
- Supervision support for counsellors, trainees and volunteers
- Working with Scottish Councils aiding in counselling and interpretation for refugees and asylum seekers
- Multicultural counselling, including special expertise in ethnicity and faith issues
- Working within complex issues with regards to education attainment, discrimination, trauma, care settings, suicidal tendencies, sexuality, bereavement, low self esteem, abuse, protection issues, etc.
- Telephone counselling and individual risk analysis of each case in depth to develop plan for each client
- Full adherence and commitment to confidentiality practices at various levels
- Providing culturally sensitive therapy support
- Understanding and managing underlying mental health issues (self harm, stress, bereavement, anxiety, family problems, depression, sexuality, etc.)
- Dealing with protection issues, providing consultation and guidance to relevant stakeholders, such as schools, colleges, social work, health professionals, etc.
- In depth experience in providing counselling to multicultural individuals and to diverse clients of ethnic and faith backgrounds, including asylum seekers and refugees
- Extensive experience of counselling and interpretation in both English and Arabic
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£45 for one hour counselling session (In Person and Telephone counselling).
£50 for one hour supervision for Counsellors/ £40 for trainee and volunteer counsellors.
I can provide Day Rates and Half Day Rates for contract work - Please enquire.
Contact me any time by call or email.