Dr Kate Bexley- Counselling Psychologist (HCPC) CBT Therapist (BABCP)
07584 328192 / 07954 079832
I am a Counselling Psychologist registered with the HCPC and Cognitive Behavioural (CBT) Therapist, fully accredited by the British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapy (BABCP).
I specialise in:
- Low Self Esteem/ Lack of Confidence
And Anxiety related problems, including:
- Social anxiety- a persistent fear about social situations and being around people
- Panic Attacks- periods of intense fear or apprehension that are of sudden onset and of variable duration from minutes to hours
- Agoraphobia- anxiety in and avoidence of certain situations often due to crowedness or vastness.
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)- unwanted, unpleasant thoughts, images or urges that repeatedly enters a person's mind, causing anxiety and motivation to engage in a behaviour to reduce the anxiety.
- Health anxiety- persistent worrying about your own and/or others health
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)- anxiety disorder caused by very stressful, frightening or distressing events including road accidents, violent personal assaults, such as sexual assault, mugging or robbery, prolonged sexual abuse, violence or severe neglect and military combat
- Generalised anxiety disorder (GAD)- anxiety and uncontrollable worry about a wide variety of situations associated with restlessness, trouble concentrating or sleeping
- Specific phobias- irrational fear and avoidence of a specific object (e.g. animal) or situation (e.g. heights)
- Relationship Issues- including romantic, family, friendships and other platonic relationships.
I also have experience in working with:
- Drug and Alcohol Addiction
- Binge Eating Disorder and Bulimia
- Body Dismorphic Disorder (BDD)
- Trichotillomania (compulsive hair pulling) and Dermotilomania (compulsive skin picking)
- Childhood Trauma
- Domestic Violence
- Paranoid Delusions
- Personality Disorders
- CBT for people with Learning Disabilities
For personal reasons and as required by the many psychology and therapy training degrees I have completed, I have undergone extensive personal therapy myself. Hence, I am very aware of how bad things can get when one finally decides to seek help; the shame sometimes felt, and just how anxiety provoking it can be to open up to another person. With that, my aim as a therapist first and foremost, is to listen, non-judgementally and with compassion. However, as a CBT therapist, I also aim to gently challenge unhelpful thoughts and change unhelpful behaviours where they may be negatively influencing your mood.
Training, qualifications & experience
2017-Present: Principal Supervising Clinician / Counselling Psychologist
2016-2017: Senior High Intensity Therapist/ Counselling Psychologist
2014- Present - Founder, Counselling Psychology Online/ Private Practice.
2013-2014: Counselling Psychologist in Training, Addiction and Support Service.
2010- 2016 High Intensity CBT Therapist/ Supervisor, NHS.
2008-2010: Assistant Psychologist, The Priory Hospital, Roehampton.
2008-2009: Honorary Psychotherapist in training, Kids Company.
2007-2008: Mental Health Support Worker, MCCH.
2006-2008 - Supportive Listener, Samaritans.
2016: Professional Doctorate in Counselling Psychology, City University, London.
2015: Interpersonal Therapy (IPT), Anna Freud Center
2011: Post Graduate Diploma in CBT, Royal Holloway, University of London
2010: Post Graduate Certificate in CBT (Expert Practice), Kings College, University of London
2009: Post Graduate Certificate in Counselling and Psychotherapy, Roehampton University, London
2008: BSc (Hons) Psychology, University of Kent, Canterbury.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
Free 15 minute initial consultation by Skype or phone
£75 per 50 minute video call session through Skype, or VSee
£65 per 50 minute phone session (I will call you) or Online (via instant messaging) session
£85 per 50 minute face-to-face session
I offer some concession rates for students and those on a low income-please do ask for further details on this.
I am a registered provider of psychological therapy with Aviva, AXA PPP, BUPA, Cigna HealthCare and Vitality (Pru) Health.
Please do not hesitate to ask if you are registered with an alternative provider - some insurance companies simply require that I am approached by an individual for services before I am able to register with them.
Please note: I have a slightly different fee schedule for treatment that is funded by health insurance. This is due to specific requirements for reports that insurance companies request.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekday evenings and weekends. There is some flexibility around these times, please do contact to enquire.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
BABCP Fully Accredited CBT Therapist with experience in offering supervision to both trainee and qualified practitioners.