- My approach is based on relational theory and it reflects my personal philosophy about people and their development that is:
- - We are the result of our specific life experiences together with our individual uniqueness.
- - We can do a lot in determining much of how we experience ourselves and others.
- - Our feelings influence our thinking and our body sensations
- - Our Mind and Body must be connected and function together if we want to function in a healthy way
- - Our relationships past and present play a fundamental part in our wellbeing.
- - Relationship, connectedness is a core experience in all human beings.
- As a psychotherapist I have worked both for organisations and privately. I now only work privately. I started my psychotherapy practice more roughly 30 years ago.
- In my diversified experience I have often found that people seek support/therapeutic help in order to be really heard, listened to and understood; to have someone with whom to make sense of their discomfort, their problem, to understand their specific story and experience so as to gain awareness and competence of themselves.
- The natural outcome in the therapeutic relationship is, for me, to embrace each therapeutic 'journey', with the person knowing that it will be unique, because unique and specific is the journey needed, in that moment, for that unique person.
- I have special psychotherapy training both in Transactional Analysis (I am a Certified Transactional Analysis Psychotherapist) and in Integrative Psychotherapy (I am a Certified International Integrative Psychotherapist)
- I have lived and worked in Italy for many years and am used to working within diversity and cultural issues.
- I am experienced in working with Skype, when required/necessary.
- I am fluent in English/Italian
I am recognised as a Supervisor/Trainer by: UKCP UKATA & IIPA.
I am a trainer in various Psychotherapy Training Institutes in UK and abroad.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) & United Kingdom Association of Transactional Analysis (UKATA) qualified & registered Transactional Analysis Psychotherapist (CTA) & Provisional Supervisor and Trainer in TA (PTSTA).
I am also a UKCP and IIPA (International Integrative Psychotherapy Association) Certified Integrative Psychotherapist (CIP) & Certified Supervisor and Trainer (CIIPTS). I have a Master Degree in Clinical Psychology from Rome University "La Sapienza".
I am a tutor and supervisor for various training Colleges in UK and abroad, teaching Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy and Relationally Focused Integrative Psychotherapy.
I have been a tutor at Symonds College for Higher Adult Education training for Counsellors in Transactional Analysis.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
£70 per session
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
Supervision & training
I originally started with a Degree in Psychology then went on to specialise in Transactional Analysis.