- My approach is relationally based and focused, reflecting my personal philosophy and attention on how people build, maintain or break their relationships with loved ones, friends and colleagues. Together with my relational focus I am attentive to the persons specific child hood experience and how that experience has influenced them in the way they live their lives today. In my more than 30 years experience as a qualified psychotherapist I have learned that:
- Our relationships past and present play a fundamental part in our wellbeing.
- - We are the result of our specific life experiences together with our individual uniqueness.
- - Relationship, connectedness is an essential core experience in all human beings.
- We can do a lot in determining much of how we experience ourselves and others.
- - Our feelings influence our thinking and our body sensations
- - Our Mind and Body must be connected and function together if we want to function in a healthy way
- As a psychotherapist I have worked both for organisations and privately. I now only work privately.
- In my diversified experience I have often found that people seek support and therapeutic help in order to be really heard, listened to and understood; to have someone with whom to make sense of their discomfort, their problem, to understand their specific story and experience so as to gain awareness and competence of themselves.
- The natural outcome in the therapeutic relationship is, for me, to embrace each therapeutic 'journey', with the person knowing that it will be unique, because unique and specific is the journey needed, in that moment, for that unique person.
- I have special psychotherapy training both in Transactional Analysis (I am a Certified Transactional Analysis Psychotherapist) and in Integrative Psychotherapy (I am a Certified International Integrative Psychotherapist)
- I have lived and worked in Italy for many years and am used to working within diversity and cultural issues.
- I am experienced in working with Skype, when required/necessary.
- I am fluent in English/Italian
I am recognised as a Supervisor/Trainer by: UKCP UKATA & IIPA.
I am a trainer in various Psychotherapy Training Institutes in UK and abroad.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) & United Kingdom Association of Transactional Analysis (UKATA) qualified & registered Transactional Analysis Psychotherapist (CTA) & Provisional Supervisor and Trainer in TA (PTSTA).
I am also a UKCP and IIPA (International Integrative Psychotherapy Association) Certified Integrative Psychotherapist (CIP) & Certified Supervisor and Trainer (CIIPTS). I have a Master Degree in Clinical Psychology from Rome University "La Sapienza".
I am a tutor and supervisor for various training Colleges in UK and abroad, teaching Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy and Relationally Focused Integrative Psychotherapy.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
UK Council for Psychotherapy
The UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) is a leading professional body for the education, training and regulation of psychotherapists and psychotherapeutic counsellors. Its register is accredited by the government's Professional Standards Authority.
As part of its commitment to protect the public, it works to improve access to psychotherapy, to support and disseminate research, to improve standards and to respond effectively to complaints against its members.
UKCP standards cover the range of different psychotherapies. Registration is obtained by training or accrediting with one of its member organisations, or by holding a European Certificate in Psychotherapy. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
I am at full capacity at this time, for clients and supervisees. However you can send me an email specifying type of request so to be put on my waiting list