Jasmin Patel, Cognitive Behavioural Therapist- BABCP accredited, Psychologist
Sometimes things come up in life that can be difficult to manage and it can feel stressful and overwhelming. Being able to have someone to talk to can help with resolving difficulties and feeling better.
I provide a safe, confidential, warm and approachable space for children, teenagers and their families to help alleviate distressing feelings.
Jasmin is an experienced therapist with over 13 years of working in clinical psychology services in the NHS with children, adolescents, adults and older adults.
As a Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist and Specialist Psychologist, she works privately, offering both long and short term therapy. She also works in a Specialist London Child & Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS) NHS and GP Practice at the Victoria Medical Centre.
Her expertise are in working therapeutically with children, young people, adults and their families experiencing social, emotional and behavioural difficulties. Jasmin's experience includes helping children, adolescents and parents alleviate distress from anxieties and stress, such as social anxiety, phobias, obsessive compulsive disorder, panic, generalised anxiety, selective mutism, trauma, depression and psychosis. She also provides support in helping to overcome difficulties in relationships, school and work based worries, emotional regulation, anger management and adjustment to life circumstances. In addition, she has worked with adults experiencing more complex difficulties including compulsive hoarding, and older adults with memory impairment, anxiety and depression.
Jasmin is trained in using the most up-to date and recent evidenced-base intervention in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT). She also integrates therapies in Mindfulness, Counselling, Compassion-Focussed approach, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Systemic and Family approaches, and skills from Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) to help manage distressing and overwhelming experiences.
Furthermore, Jasmin is trained in the assessment of autism and autism spectrum condition using the ADOS-2 (Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule).
As an accredited Cognitive and Behavioural Therapist of the British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP) and member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), she adheres to the ethical codes of practice.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Experienced and BABCP accredited therapist with over 13 years of working in mental health services, NHS.
- 8 years Child & Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS) experience.
- Post Graduate Diploma Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, University College London, Kings College London - Distinction.
- BSc Psychology Honours.
- CPCAB Counselling Skills training.
- Autism assessment (ADOS-2) trained.
- Positive Behavioural Support (PBS) training.
- Trained in administering a range of cognitive, psychological and neuro- psychometric assessments across the life span, including people with Learning Disabilities, Down’s syndrome and Dementia.
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy training.
- Working with shame and guilt in trauma – a compassion focused approach training.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
Session (50mins) weekly/fortnightly - please call to enquire.
Some concessionary rates are available.
Getting started with therapy...
Sometimes it can feel a bit overwhelming especially if it's your first time, so here are a few simple steps to help get you started:
Give me a call or send an email. We can then set up an initial session to talk about what you would like to get out of therapy.
Next, if you're happy to continue we'll set up a second session, and arrange to see each other weekly/fortnightly.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Clinics are based in London: Barnet, Ealing, Finchley, Kings Cross and Gower Street.
Flexible including weekend
Types of client