Helen Fox Registered MBACP
I am a Person centre Counsellor with over 6 years experience of working with anger, anxiety, depression, stress, relationship difficulties, bereavement and trauma. I offer a safe confidential environment for you to share the struggles that can effect both your work and home life.
I work in a supportive, empathic, intuitive, non judgemental manner. Together we can explore your detrimental thoughts and behaviour patterns that lead to emotional unrest, thus allowing new insight to see things differently and therefore make wiser choices. A way forward that rewards you with less emotional pain and distress. Leading you to a more positive, uplifting, contented, fulfilled life.
I work from a family centre in Helston where I offer Monday and Tuesday daytime appointments. We can work ether short or long term. I counsel adults and young people.
I offer telephone counsellng in the day or evening throughout the week.
I am a registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy and therefore adhere to their Ethical Framework. I attend regular supervision and am fully insured.
Alongside my private work I have been a counsellor for CRASAC (Cornwall Rape and Sexual Abuse Centre) for the past 6 years.
Previously, I volunteered for the YMCA as an appointed staff counsellor as well as for young adults within the organisation. I also have volunteered with Mind Mental Health and Penhaligon counselling Agencies.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Person Centred Counselling and Therapy (level 5)
- Certificate of Advanced Counselling (Level 4)
- Certificate in basic counselling skills
- BsC (Hons) Health and Social Care
- FdA Health and Community studies
Other Continued Personal Development undertaken
- SPLASH PROJECT-Getting into their bucket, Understanding Bereavement for Pregnancy loss and perinantel death
- CRASAC-Rape and Sexual Abuse training
- DASH- Domestic Abuse Awareness Training
- Alcohol Anonymous Alcohol Awareness
- MIND- Mental Health Awareness- Mind
- Wellbeing & Public Health service- LGTQ Inclusive Conversations
Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Bipolar disorder
- Carer support
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
Other areas of counselling I deal with
still born and neonatel death
Initial session £20
£35 per session (60 minutes)
I do offer a limited number of concession spaces for people on low incomes
Payment at the end of the session.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|