Helen Fox MBACP
I am an experienced Person Centred Counsellor. I offer a safe confidential environment for you to share the struggles within your life.
I work in a supportive, empathic, intuitive, non judgemental manner with a listening ear to the troubles you bring and the challenges you face.
I haven’t a magic wand. However, I believe by sharing and exploring your difficulties it can bring a deeper understanding of yourself, helping you to choose a way forward that best serves and rewards you with less emotional pain, thus leading you to a more positive, uplifting, grounded way of being.
I work from a family centre in Helston where I offer Monday and Tuesday daytime appointments. We can work ether short or long term together. I counsel adults and young people.
I am member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy and therefore adhere to their Ethical Framework. I attend regular supervision and am fully insured.
Alongside my private work I have been a counsellor for CRASAC (Cornwall Rape and Sexual Abuse Centre) for the past 5 years.
Previously, I volunteered for the YMCA as an appointed staff counsellor as well as for young adults within the organisation. I also have volunteered with Mind Mental Health and Penhaligon counselling Agencies.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Person Centred Counselling and Therapy (level 5)
- Certificate of Advanced Counselling (Level 4)
- Certificate in basic counselling skills
- BsC (Hons) Health and Social Care
- FdA Health and Community studies
Other Continued Personal Development undertaken
- SPLASH PROJECT-Getting into their bucket, Understanding Bereavement for Pregnancy loss and perinantel death
- CRASAC-Rape and Sexual Abuse training
- DASH- Domestic Abuse Awareness Training
- Alcohol Anonymous Alcohol Awareness
- MIND- Mental Health Awareness- Mind
- Wellbeing & Public Health service- LGTQ Inclusive Conversations
Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
Other areas of counselling I deal with
still born and neonatel death
Initial session £20
£35 per session (60 minutes)
I do offer a limited number of concession spaces for people on low incomes
Payment at the end of the session.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|