Hello, How do you fancy meeting up for a walk in the woods, grab your backpack so we can explore what's inside!
How messy is your bag? Do you feel guilt, shame, anxiety or stress when you sneak a peak? Do you self attack, self criticise, self doubt or self blame? How about we tip out the contents and look together from a perspective of kindness and compassion, no matter what might be inside? Sifting through at your own pace, looking curiously at your 'stuff'. What leads you to emotional unrest & negative thinking and what will bring forth a sense of certainty, self assurance & positive thoughts. Whatever it is that troubles you, keeps you restless, you find impossible to share, I'm walking beside you. Experienced, competent, capable & confident to support you with the weight you bare.
My core is Person Centred therapy, a Humanistic Approach. An hour to be 'held' safely & confidentially, without judgement, so you need not hide! I am a facilitator of change, my role is to listen to your needs & support you whilst you actively seek the answers to your questioning mind. Shining a torch on what you bring, allowing you to focus & understand more clearly the underlying reasons behind your behaviours, thoughts & feelings.
Together we can explore new techniques to break detrimental cycles of negative thinking. I offer high support with gentle challenging when appropriate ( to allow movement) always given with warmth & kindness.
My specialist area of employment for the past decade is trauma such as Rape, Sexual abuse & Domestic violence . In private practice clients have sought counselling to manage many conditions such as Depression, Anxiety, Emotional unstable personality disorder, PTSD, Bipolar disorder Dissociation & infant loss.
Within a natural setting, let the rain (hopefully light!) wash away your stress & the autumnal leaves demonstrate the shredding of old behaviour patterns and thought processes . Allow new insights to develop and give yourself permission to let go of some of the heavy contents you carry. Even just rearranging & prioritising can be empowering! Ultimately, working towards a lightweight traveller, manoeuvring more skilfully & mindfully through a world we all live upon & are trying to survive!
I understand the weather is changing & Seasonal affective disorder is coming into play. However, although hard to motivate I have never heard a soul say they felt worse for a breath of fresh air! Let Autumn embrace & celebrate your willingness to explore through nature your ability to shift & change.
This Autumn I am offering two wood walks situated in the Ponsanooth & Constantine which bring shelter for unsettled weather. However, should the climate be extreme an alternative indoor dwelling or online service will be provided.
I am a registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy and therefore adhere to their Ethical Framework. I attend regular supervision and am fully insured.
Training, qualifications & experience
Experience over the last 10 years include:
- CRASAC (Cornwall Rape and Sexual abuse centre) Counsellor ( over 7 years)
- CLEAR (Emotional Trauma & Therapy specialists) Counsellor
- Private Practise (Counsellor)
- Sea Sanctuary. Therapeutic support worker upon the ARC ( floating residential care setting for children who have suffered severe trauma)
- Brandon Trust. Working with learning Disabilities
- YMCA (appointed staff counsellor & youth counsellor )
- Mind Mental Health (Advocate& Befriender)
- Penhaligon Counselling agencies.
- Diploma in Person Centred Counselling and Therapy (level 5)
- Certificate of Advanced Counselling (Level 4)
- Certificate in basic Counselling skills
- BsC (Hons) Health and Social Care
- FdA Health and Community studies
- I am currently completing Working Therapeutically with Children & Young People Diploma (Level 5)
- Working creatively in the outdoors, ecotherapy & Walk & Talk (creative counsellors)
Other Continued Personal Development undertaken
- SPLASH PROJECT-Getting into their bucket, Understanding Bereavement for Pregnancy loss and perinantel death
- CRASAC-Rape and Sexual Abuse training
- DASH- Domestic Abuse Awareness Training
- Alcohol Anonymous Alcohol Awareness
- MIND- Mental Health Awareness- Mind
- Wellbeing & Public Health service- LGTQ Inclusive Conversations
- Rainbow End- Autism Awareness and Communication
- Rainbow End- Positive Management training
- Rainbow End- Asist Safe Talk
Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP)
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Still born and neonatal death
£40.00 per session
- Free 20- 30 minute telephone session (to discuss what's brought you to seek counselling )
- £40 per session (60 minutes)
- I am presently available Monday to Friday.
I have a flexible way of working, therefore I welcome varied time/date appointments that suit your needs &surround my availability.