5 La Belle Place
0141 353 9373 / 07946434045
My aim is to deliver a life changing and enlightening counselling experience for couples and individuals with relationship issues. When you make contact with me you will be offered an appointment within 48 hours.
I work exclusively with couples and individuals with relationship issues. I trained and accredited with Glasgow Marriage Counselling the sister company of relate know known as relationship Scotland. I have worked with couples, individuals and families for the last twelve years. My experience is extensive therefore you can be assured the work will effect change. My testimonials will give you a sense of my effectiveness and style.
When engaging the services of a Marriage / Relationship / Couple Counsellor, it is vitally important to feel secure in the knowledge that the Couple Counsellor has their roots and expertise in Couple Counselling.
Engaging in Couple Counselling with an unqualified Couple Counsellor can be counterproductive and can often leave clients feeling disillusioned, frustrated and confused. For these reasons, when choosing a Couple Counsellor, you should ensure that they have:
- Attained an advance certificate or diploma accredited by a university in Couple Counselling over a duration of at least three years training with Glasgow Marriage Counselling Service, the sister company of Relate
- At least ten years experience of working exclusively with couples and individuals with relationship issues.
- Completed their own personal journey in counselling and are committed to continuous professional development.
- Evidence to support their status as a Couple Counsellor
Deciding to engage in Couple Counselling is a positive step towards achieving and maintaining a healthy balanced couple relationship. All relationships can be challenging at times. Couple Counselling provides a safe environment and an opportunity for the couple to talk about how they are feeling and behaving towards each other so they can explore alternatives that can help them move forward.
Couple Counselling is designed to:
- Encourage meaningful communication in a controlled environment
- Handle conflict in a more productive manner
- Ensure each person is heard
- Break negative patterns of behaviour
- Encourage compromise
- Clear resentment from the past
- Examine how past relationships with parents and peers can affect relationships
- Promote a deeper level of understanding and self-awareness
- Learn strategies to stay on track and relate in a better way
Training, qualifications & experience
I have worked in private practice with couples, individuals and organisations for twelve years. I founded the company in Glasgow in 2002, after I completed my three year training programme with Glasgow Marriage Counselling Service, the Scottish branch of Relate.
I also draw on other counselling disciplines and methodologies such as Person Centred Therapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Transactional Analysis and Coaching and Consultancy.
Prior to counselling, I had a successful career spanning twenty years working in large corporate organisations as an internal and external consultant. I gained expertise in Coaching, Training, Consultancy and Business Development.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Attachment disorder
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Physical abuse
- Pregnancy and birth
Initial assessment Cost £60
Individual Counselling Fee £60
Couple Counselling Fee £70
Initial Assessment will
- Enable me to assess your presenting problems
- Provide an opportunity you to ask any questions or raise any concerns you may have before committing to a counselling process
- Discuss the number and timing of sessions
- Arrange payment plans
I am conveniently located, facing Kelvingrove Park in 5 La Belle Place Glasgow G3 7LH. The house is a centre of excellence for counsellors and other therapeutic practices. My consulting room is housed in this exceptional building which is maintained to a high standard to ensure the comfort of our clients. There is parking available directly outside the building. Transport links by bus and train are easily accessible. We are also able to accommodate disabled access.
When you contact me. I will get back to you within a few hours. When you leave your contact details with the receptionist please provide us with a mobile number, as I want to ensure I speak only to the person who has made contact with me. Your confidentiality will be protected at all times.
There are many reasons why couples come into Couple Counselling and below are a few examples:-
- Internet and Mobile Infidelity
- Arguing and Bickering
- Controlling Behaviours
- Communication Break Down
- Compromise Resolution
- Falling out of Love
- Sexual Issues
- Anxiety / Stress
- Work and Career
- Partner coming out
- Same Sex Couples
- Personal Development
- Step and Blended Families
- Adoption, Fostering and IVF
- Baby Shock
- Anxiety / Stress
- Work and Career
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Working hours vary depending on the needs of the clients. I can over appointments seven days a week 8am to 7.30pm Saturday 9am to 12pm Sunday 10am to 2pm.