Dennis Murray B.Sc.Hons (Psy) Dip. Counselling Dip. Supervision Reg MBACP, MBPsS
I am a qualified and experienced Counsellor, Supervisor and mental health professional, a registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and a member of the British Psychological Society (BPS).
In my private practice, I work from a safe, secure, comfortable, confidential setting in East Grinstead, West Sussex, where I provide 1-2-1, face-to-face, short or long term therapeutic counselling for individual adults and couples
As an integrative counsellor, my approach is to work alongside and with you through whatever brings you to counselling.
After an initial consultation lasting up to an hour, if we agree to work together, on-going sessions are for 50 minutes
I am able to accept clients who refer themselves or those referred by others.
I am particularly interested in working with clients who are under-represented within counselling or who find it difficult to access counselling and psychological therapy.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSc.(Hons) Psychology
- Advanced Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Diploma in Individual and Group Supervision for Counsellors, Psychotherapists and those in related professions
- Cert. in Psychodynamic Counselling
- Couples Counselling Course (36 CPD Hours)
- I have over 30 years of working in front-line Statutory Mental Health and Social Care Services and for a number of related voluntary organisations. As well as having a private practice, I am a volunteer qualified Counsellor & Supervisor, working in a Hospice and in a GP practice.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I have an interest in and experience of working with staff employed in statutory services and first responders and for people affected by workplace mental health issues
After an initial consultation lasting up to an hour (costing £25, if we agree Counselling sessions), on-going sessions generally last for 50 minutes (Individuals £40 & Couples £55 session). Some concessionary or sliding scale rates are available by negotiation.
Payment accepted by cheque, bank transfer or cash. No credit/debit card payments options possible.
For enquiries about individual or group supervision, please contact me by email at email@example.com or by phone on 07866 239885.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, 8am - 8pm. Some Saturday am sessions available
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I have a Post Qualification Diploma in Individual and Group Supervision for Counsellors.