Dennis Murray B.Sc.Hons (Psy) Dip. Counselling Dip. Supervision Reg MBACP, MBPsS
07866 239885 / 07866 239885
I am a qualified and experienced Counsellor, Supervisor and mental health professional, a registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and a member of the British Psychological Society (BPS).
In my private practice, I work from a safe, secure, comfortable, confidential setting in East Grinstead, West Sussex, where I provide 1-2-1, face-to-face, short or long term therapeutic counselling for individual adults and couples
As an integrative counsellor, my approach is to work alongside and with you through whatever brings you to counselling.
After an initial consultation lasting up to an hour, if we agree to work together, on-going sessions are for 50 minutes
I am able to accept clients who refer themselves or those referred by others.
I am particularly interested in working with clients who are under represented within counselling or who find it difficult to access counselling and psychological therapy.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSc.(Hons) Psychology
- Advanced Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Diploma in Individual and Group Supervision for Counsellors, Psychotherapists and those in related professions
- Cert. in Psychodynamic Counselling
- Couples Counselling Course
- I have over 30 years of working in front line Mental Health and Social Care Statutory Services and for a number of related voluntary organisations. As well as having my private practice, I am a volunteer qualified Counsellor & Supervisor, working in a Hospice and in a GP practice setting.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
- Family/systemic therapy
After an initial consultation lasting up to an hour (costing £25, if we agree Counselling sessions), on-going sessions generally last for 50 minutes (Individuals £40 & Couples £55 session). Some concessionary or sliding scale rates are available by negotiation.
Payment accepted by cheque, bank transfer or cash. No credit/debit card payments options possible.
For enquiries about individual or group supervision, please contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 07866 239885.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, 8am - 8pm. Some Saturday am sessions available
Types of client
Supervision & training
I have a Post Qualification Diploma in Individual and Group Supervision for Counsellors.View supervision profile