Deborah Malster Counsellor and Psychotherapist MA, BSc, Dip, MBACP (Accred)
0796 003 5343
I know from experience life can be tough and throw us many challenges. At times those challenges can feel overwhelming and it can be difficult to talk to family and friends about your struggles. Counselling can be one of the ways to help and support you during those moments.
I work in a warm, confidential and non-judgemental manner and by us working together I would like to help you find some understanding and meaning in your life to help you move forward. If you would like to consider counselling please contact me to talk about things further. I look forward to hearing from you.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am an experienced qualified counsellor and have experience of working with adults, older adults and young people (18-24) within the NHS, private, public and voluntary sectors. I work with clients in many areas such as trauma, disability, abuse, depression, anxiety, feeling sad, bereavement, acute, chronic and terminal illness, sexual health and sexuality, ageing, low self-esteem, altered body-image, low confidence, addictions, bullying, relationship issues and work concerns.
I currently work in a palliative care team within the NHS and have a small private practice.
I am an accredited and registered member with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and adhere to their Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy.
Qualifications and Training:
- MA Existential Psychotherapy and Counselling
- Dip.Therapeutic Counselling (Integrative)
- Cert. Counselling Studies
- Cert. Counselling Skills
- Motivational Interviewing Training
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy Training
- Mental Health Training (The Open University and Enabled East NHS)
- Stop Smoking Training - Level 2
- Go Girls – Self Esteem Training
- Drug & Alcohol Awareness (EYPDAS)
- Sexual Health Training
- Family Focus Facilitator - Parenting
- BSc. (Hons) Social Sciences
- Cert. Managing Care
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
Individual counselling fees are £40 per fifty minute session.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mondays and Tuesdays
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|