Angie Casali BA (Hons) Dip MBACP
My therapeutic approach endeavours to help ease emotional pain as well as supporting clients in working towards living a more fulfilled and rewarding life.
I am an Integrative Psychotherapist and Counsellor which means I embrace many models and skills that help me to adapt my approach to suit the individual needs of each client. The models I use include Person Centred/Humanistic and Psychodynamic theories.
In my practice, I support clients to understand the cycle of behaviour patterns in their lives which cause distress, and help facilitate insight into the roots of their thinking, self beliefs and behaviours. I believe past experiences significantly inform and shape our internal structures and affect how we think and feel about ourselves and how we relate to others.
Psychotherapy provides a safe, confidential space so that personal difficulties can be gently unfolded and understood at a pace that you set. Each session is an opportunity to feel truly seen and heard in a way that can be deeply healing. This allows themes to surface and a shift towards coming to terms with any problems you are facing. This guides us to set achievable aims for therapy and to be aware of possible difficulties during this process of self discovery.
In my experience, holding onto painful feelings and emotions is far more damaging than learning how to express, process and find freedom from psychological blocks. Healing requires understanding your pain with compassion and replacing this with knowledge, new behavioural tools and a new direction in life.
An initial appointment provides an opportunity for us to explore whether therapy might be helpful to you. There is no obligation to commit at this stage to on-going work, however if you decide you would like to continue, we agree upon regular days and times to meet on either a short-term or on-going basis in order to facilitate and give momentum to the therapeutic process. Regular contact provides a sense of security and continuity whilst you are engaged in therapy.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Professional Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling - 2 year clinical training in Humanistic/Person centred and Psychodynamic approach
- EFT Accredited Practitioner (tapping) - 1 year study
- Professional Certificate in Counselling Studies - 1 year clinical training in Humanistic/Person centred and Psychodynamic approach
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education - 13 years teaching and mentoring young people
- BA (Hons) in Humanities - 3 year University degree specialising in Sociology
- NHS Mental Health Centre - 2 years with emergency psychological support service referral team
Before training as a psychotherapist, I worked in educational settings where I monitored the emotional wellbeing of professionals and young adults, gaining a depth of knowledge regarding child development, behavioural difficulties and mental health issues.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Therapy appointments are fifty minutes, my fee is £55.
My clinic is currently full for 2019.
I have provided psychological support to people in a range of educational and counselling settings which include:
Fresh Start Psychotherapies
St Joseph's Hospice bereavement counselling service
Hackney drug and Alcohol counselling service
Hackney Carers - working with parents
Pupil Referral Centre
Higher Education Establisments
NHS Mental Health Support Services
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
At present my clinic is full for 2019.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|