Life can be extremely difficult and confusing. I believe that during these times we could all benefit from the right help and support so that we don't have to face things alone.
I will support and encourage you so that you feel free to be able to explore your inner thoughts and feelings without fear of being judged. We will work together to explore the difficulties you are facing and the impact this is having on your life.
This exploration brings about greater self-awareness, enabling you to get to know yourself better and gain clarity in your life, empowering you to be able to make changes and find the right path to move forward in a more positive and fulfilling way. A way that feels right for you.
I fully understand and appreciate that the thought of counselling can be daunting. If you wish to find out more to decide if I am the right Counsellor for you, please do get in touch and I will happy to go through the process with you and answer any questions you may have, without any obligation or fee.
I am currently available weekdays / evenings and Saturday mornings.
All enquiries are confidential.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I began my therapeutic career working in an independent specialist college for students with visual impairments, autism and other disabilities. Working with a range of issues including depression, anger management, bullying, low self-esteem, relationship issues, self-harm, anxiety and family issues.
- I am now in private practice and am based in Aston Fields, Bromsgrove, whilst also working at a hospice as a Bereavement Counsellor.
- I am a Registered Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
Training / Qualifications
- Level 5 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Level 3 Counselling Skills & Theory
- Level 2 Counselling Skills & Theory
- The Web of Shame in the Therapeutic Space CPD
- Metaphor and Creative Therapy CPD
- GDPR and the Impace on the Therapeutic Practice CPD
- Working with CYP Through a range of Art Mediums CPD
- Creative Therapy Training CPD
- Let's Talk About Sex CPD
- Grieving and Loss CPD
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Introductory Session £40.00 - face to face (50 minutes duration/payable on day)
- Individual Sessions £40.00 - face to face (50 minutes duration/payable in advance)
- On-line and Telephone sessions £30 (50 minutes duration/payable in advance)
All Terms and Conditions are discussed at the Introductory Session.
Concessions may be available upon request.