Alison Stevens Registered Member MBACP, Dip Couns
Hello and thank you for choosing to look at my profile.
Life can be extremely difficult and very confusing at times and can often result in us feeling isolated. It's at times like this I feel we could all benefit from the right help and support so that we don't have to face these difficult times alone.
As an experienced Integrative Counsellor I can offer you a safe place in which you will be able to explore your inner thoughts and feelings. I will support you and work with you empathically and without judgement to help you make sense of how and why you are feeling this way.
As an Integrative Counsellor I have a flexible and adaptable way of working. This enables me to work in a way that feels comfortable and right for you. Together we can explore the difficulties you are facing and the impact this is having on your life.
This exploration brings about greater self-awareness, empowering you to be able to make changes and find the right path to move forward in your life in a more positive and fulfilling way.
I fully understand and appreciate that the thought of counselling maybe daunting. If you wish to find out more to decide if counselling is for you, please do not hesitate to telephone or e-mail me and I will be more than happy to go through the process with you. This is without any obligation or fee.
I am currently available weekdays / evenings and Saturday mornings.
All enquiries are confidential.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I began my training working in colleges with young adults involving a range of issues including depression, anger management, bullying, low self-esteem, relationship issues, self-harm, anxiety and family issues.
- I have now moved into private practice and am based in Aston Fields, Bromsgrove.
- I am a Registered Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
Training / Qualifications
- Level 5 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Level 3 Counselling Skills & Theory
- Level 2 Counselling Skills & Theory
- The Web of Shame Training
- Creative Therapy Training
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Introductory Session £40.00 (50 minutes duration/payable on day)
- Individual Sessions £40.00 (50 minutes duration/payable in advance)
All Terms and Conditions are discussed at the Introductory Session.
Concessions may be available upon request.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I can offer you appointments on evenings and Saturday mornings, subject to availability.
Types of client