Registered Member MBACP, Dip Couns
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Hello and thank you for choosing to look at my profile.
Are you finding life difficult and challenging at the moment? Maybe leaving you feeling anxious, sad, overwhelmed, isolated, with your mind full of thoughts and worries? Maybe you don't really know how you're feeling. It's at times like this that I believe it is beneficial to have someone to talk too, someone who will offer support and really listen, empathically and without judgement.
As an experienced Integrative Counsellor my first priority will be to offer you a safe space where you feel accepted. Where you can press pause on life and have time just for you. Allowing you to be able to freely explore your inner thoughts and feelings.
I believe that we are all the experts on ourselves and my role as your Counsellor isn't to tell you what to do. It may not seem like it at the moment, but you are the best judge of what is right for you and I will work with you and support you to help you in realising that.
I have a flexible way of working and will always be led by you and work at your pace. You are my priority. Together we will explore the difficulties you are facing and the impact this is having on your life.
This exploration brings about greater self-awareness and will enable you to get to know and understand yourself better. Bringing clarity into your life, empowering you to be able to make changes and find the right path to move forward in a more positive and fulfilling way. A way that feels right for you.
I understand and appreciate that the thought of counselling can be daunting. If you wish to find out more, to decide if I am the right Counsellor for you, please do get in touch. I will be happy to call you and go through the process and answer any questions you may have, without any obligation or fee.
I am currently available weekdays and evenings.
All enquiries are confidential.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I began my therapeutic career working in an independent specialist college for students with visual impairments, autism and other disabilities. Working with a range of issues including depression, anger management, bullying, low self-esteem, relationship issues, self-harm, anxiety and family issues.
- I am now in private practice and am based in Aston Fields, Bromsgrove, whilst also working at a hospice as a Bereavement Counsellor.
- I am a Registered Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
Training / Qualifications
- Level 5 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Level 3 Counselling Skills & Theory
- Level 2 Counselling Skills & Theory
- The Web of Shame in the Therapeutic Space CPD
- Metaphor and Creative Therapy CPD
- GDPR and the Impace on the Therapeutic Practice CPD
- Working with CYP Through a range of Art Mediums CPD
- Creative Therapy Training CPD
- Let's Talk About Sex CPD
- Grieving and Loss CPD
- Understanding Low Self Esteem CPD
- Exploring the Mother Wound CPD
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
From £45.00 to £50.00
Free initial telephone session
Concessions offered for
- Individual Sessions £50.00 - face to face (50 minutes duration/payable in advance)
- On-line and Telephone sessions £45 (50 minutes duration/payable in advance)
All Terms and Conditions are discussed at the Introductory Session.
Concessions may be available upon request.
When I work