Wendy Capewell - Anxiety, Stress and Relationship issues
It's no surprise that anxiety and stress have hit an all-time high.
The symptoms can feel really debilitating, especially if they result in panic or anxiety attacks.
The problem is that you carry on, telling yourself you can cope. After all everyone else around you is managing, and you don't want to be seen as being weak.
You keep working longer hours, often late into the evening, and weekends. You reasons that if you
- Just answer that email
- Write that letter
- Finish that report
- Organise your diary....................
then you will have a head start, and you wont feel so stressed tomorrow.
Or perhaps you want that promotion so badly that you want to impress your boss.
As a result you feel tired, on edge and stressed. Your sleep is affected and your relationships and family life are suffering.
Maybe your personal life is what's causing the anxiety and stress.
- Finding it hard to form good relationships,
- Lacking confidence to seek out healthy friendships
- You and your partner are unhappy but you don't know how to repair it
- Stuck in a cycle of abusive relationships
Romantic relationships are not always plain sailing.
Constantly affected by changes
- Starting a family
- Moving house
- New job
- Financial worries
- Blending families
- Serious illness
- Extended family
We all bring baggage from the past in our relationships. Often going way back into our childhood. Past traumas or negative life events leave emotional scars. Left unattended to can have long lasting effects on our current life.
You tell yourself that you can work through it, and anyway, sharing problems with a complete stranger can bring feel strange, embarrassing, shaming.
Anyway you figure they won't understand.
I have more than 14 years professional experience working with men, women and couples, who experience all kinds of problems.
Added to that I've been through some pretty tough times in my life.
- An unhappy childhood with a controlling mother
- Polio when I was 4, from which I fully recovered
- Single mum
- Work related stress
- Breast cancer
- Abusive relationship
So I had to work through a lot of issues over the years.
This doesn’t mean I totally understand your feelings, as each of us experience things differently. It does mean I won't judge you, it also means I won't tell you what to do. I will offer a different perspective, which isn't coloured by my views, which can often help order your thoughts and give more clarity.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERTISE & QUALIFICATIONS
I qualified more than 14 years ago as an Integrative Counsellor. I am also an Accredited member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy. I was a volunteer Counsellor at a Rape and Sexual Abuse centre for 5 years, which gave me experience in working with those suffering trauma.
WORKING WITH ME
I really understand how scary it can feel to make that first step, pick up the phone, send the email, and having made the appointment – to walk through the door and meet a complete stranger. So, I offer a 30 minute chat where you can get to know me, and ask any questions you may have.
All I would say is that if you don’t take that step, nothing will change. So why not take yor courage in both hands and do something about it.
I offer both daytime and evening appointments, either face to face or through Skype, so why not contact me for a FREE Discovery call to see if we are a good fit.
Visit my website to learn more about me and find some helpful articles - https://www.wendycapewell.co.uk/
Author of 'From Surviving to Thriving in a Romantic Relationship' - available on Amazon.co.uk -http://amzn.to/2qexSvm
Training, qualifications & experience
- Certificate in Couple Counselling
- Advanced Diploma in Integrative Counselling & Therapy,
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Certificate 101 Transactional Analysis
- Member of British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (Accredited)
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy
- Mindfulness for Wellbeing and Peak Performance - Monash University (online course
Author of ' From Surviving to Thriving in a Romantic Relationship'
I have undertaken further training in the following areas:
- Bereavement and Loss
- Introduction to Couple Interaction - (Tavistock Centre for Couple Relationships)
- Drug and Alcohol dependancy
- Immediate Effects of Sexualised Trauma
- Male rape
- Narcissistic and Borderline Personality Disorder
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Self Harm
- Sexual abuse
- Low self esteem
- Relationship Counselling
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Child related issues
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
- How unrealistic expectations can ruin a relationship
- Are constant arguments ruining your relationship?
- Why negative self-talk is so damaging
- Is divorce the only answer when one person cheats?
- Managing relationships during the festive season
- Is compromising the best solution in a relationship?
- What brings couples together – and drives them apart?
I offer day time and evening appointments, face to face or via Skype
Why not call me for an informal chat, I look forward to hearing from you,
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Day time and evening appointments available
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|