Brent, Wandsworth and Westminster Mind Talking Therapies And Wellbeing Service
Mind in Brent, Wandsworth and Westminster’s Talking Therapies and Wellbeing Service provides psychological therapy services for people experiencing a range of mental health problems. All adults registered with a Westminster GP or residents in Westminster are eligible.
What we offer:
Individual 1-1 counselling
For between 6-12 weeks
Sessions normally start 4-6 weeks after an assessment.
Sessions last for 50 minutes. We can offer both daytime and evening appointments.
The model of therapy Integrative with a solution based focus.
Goals will be identified and worked towards during the length of your treatment.
Using a supportive, trusting environment you will be able to explore with your therapist and work towards achieving the goals.
Training, qualifications & experience
Our therapists are a mixture of trainee and qualified BPS, BACP, UKCP, Counselling Psychologists, CBT Therapist, Psychotherapists, and Counsellors.
Member organisations *
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling we deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Dynamic Interpersonal Therapy
- Existential therapy
- Gestalt therapy
You must be over 18 registered and either a resident in Westminster or registered with a GP in Westminster for FREE talking therapy.
- If you live in Westminster- Your GP is able to refer you to the service via Westminster's Primary Care Plus Mental Health
- If you live in Queens Park or Paddington area - Your GP can refer you to the service via CNWL's Community Living Well service
- Self-Referrals - We accept self-referrals from other health professional: for example your midwife, health visitor or practice nurse.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Arabic, Spanish, French, German, Greek, Hindi|
9am to 9pm Monday to Friday
Types of client