Wandsworth And Westminster MIND Talking Therapies And Wellbeing Service
5 Eccleston Street
0207 259 8134
Wandsworth and Westminster Mind’s Talking Therapies and Wellbeing Service provides psychological therapy services for people experiencing a range of mental health problems. All adults registered with a Westminster GP or residents in Westminster are eligible.
What we offer:
Individual 1-1 counselling
For between 6-12 weeks
Sessions normally start 4-6 weeks after an assessment.
Sessions last for 50 minutes. We can offer both daytime and evening appointments.
The model of therapy Integrative with a solution based focus.
Goals will be identified and worked towards during the length of your treatment.
Using a supportive, trusting environment you will be able to explore with your Counsellor and work towards achieving the goals.
A choice of recovery focused groups, combining CBT and Peer Support between 6-12 weeks.
- Anger management
- Bereavement support
- Emotional support for carers
- Managing Anxiety
- Managing Depression
Facilitated by trained staff and counsellors
Training, qualifications & experience
Our counsellors and therapists are a mixture of trainee and qualified BACP, UKCP, BPS psychotherapists, counselling psychologists and counsellors.
Member organisations *
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling we deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Existential therapy
- Gestalt therapy
You must be over 18 registered and either a resident in Westminster or registered with a GP in Westminster for FREE talking therapy.
- If you live in Westminster- Your GP is able to refer you to the service via Westminster's Primary Care Plus Mental Health
- If you live in Queens Park or Paddington area - Your GP can refer you to the service via CNWL's Take Time to Talk
- Self-Referrals - We accept self-referrals from other health professional: for example your midwife, health visitor or practice nurse.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Arabic, Malay, Spanish, French, German, Danish, Greek, Hindi|
9am to 8pm Monday to Friday
Types of client