Sue O'Sullivan Reg. MBACP, Accredited
I have 10 years' experience of counselling in a variety of settings - The Peace Hospice, Watford Women's Centre and for G.P referrals under the NHS. I have experience with issues such as anxiety, depression, panic, stress, low self esteem, effects of domestic/sexual abuse and losses from bereavement, ending of relationships or physical illness.
My belief is that you have within yourself the ability to develop a clearer sense of what you need to move forward. I can assist you by offering you a non-judgmental, empathetic relationship where you will feel safe enough to enable you to be open with your thoughts and feelings.
By developing a greater understanding of yourself, gaining insights about the reasons for your difficulties or limitations, you can have a clearer view of the choices and possibilities open to you and develop your own ways to move forward confidently and optimistically.
At regular intervals I will review our work together to make sure I am working to meet your requirements.
I am happy to speak to you on the phone, which may help decide if you wish to meet me. You can email, text or leave a message giving me convenient times to get back to you. My phone number is 07305 568067.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Accredited Registered Member of British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists.
- Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling.
- Diploma in Integrative Counselling.
- Certificate in Counselling skills
- Cruse bereavement supervisor
- Counselling for Depression training at Nottingham University for NHS
10 years of counselling at The Peace Hospice, Watford Women's Centre, and have completed NHS specific training to enable me to see G.P. referred clients for depression and anxiety.
I mainly work from a humanistic perspective, but I am able to utilise theory and interventions from other approaches which enables flexibiliy in my way of working, depending on your needs. I can incorporate Transactional Analysis and CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy).
I attend regular continuing professional development, which has included training in depression, anger management, trauma, attachment theory, impact of having an alcoholic parent, disordered eating, domestic abuse.
I am Registered and Accredited with the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP) and work within their ethical guidelines.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- £40.00 for 50 minute sessions. Some concessions available.
- I accept payment by cash, cheque or BACS payment.
- I charge £20 for cancellations of less than 24 hours notice.
- I offer short term and long-term therapy.
- I have regular supervision and ongoing Continuing Professional Development.
- I am fully insured.
- I work with individuals from the age of 18 upwards.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
No evening availability.
Types of client