SANDRA KUTNER Registered Counsellor MBACP Ad. Dip
- Are you feeling overwhelmed by anxiety?
- Is depression making it harder to motivate yourself?
- Are you avoiding your thoughts for fear of painful feelings?
By seeking counselling now you know in your heart that you may want to feel more emotionally settled.
If repeated patterns of negative thinking are affecting your daily functioning, together we can explore what is going on in your life that is causing anxiety or depression.
By engaging with counselling I would help you share difficult thoughts and feelings in a safe, non-judgemental space. We would focus on coping strategies you may have unconsciously put in place to protect yourself in the past. In times of insecurity it is difficult to show ourselves compassion and self-care. We can introduce self care into our work until it becomes a part of who you are.
What you can expect from our First Session
Our initial session would give you an insight into the counselling relationship. Whilst this session is yours to experience, I would take a history to gain insight into your past and present. We would talk through the contract and our commitment. There is no pressure to return beyond the first session as you may feel I am not the Counsellor for you. I also offer a free 20 minute telephone consultation ahead of an initial session.
Training, qualifications & experience
Areas of Expertise
I have worked extensively with clients traumatised by the loss of a loved one allowing them to face their life again albeit a different one.
I help Clients to explore the triggers for anxiety, enabling them to create healthier habits and reduce negative thinking.
I enable Clients to identify triggers that have caused symptoms of depression, allowing space to express feelings before helping to find positivity, compassion and self care.
Stress/Work related Stress:-
I engage with those whose stress has caused feelings of depletion and an inability to think clearly, encouraging a more balanced life by compartmentalising day to day experiences and activities.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Psychiatry, Psychopathology and Psychodynamics
- Time-Limited Counselling
- Couples Relationship Counselling
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Borderline personality disorder
- Career counselling
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Separation anxiety
- Work-related stress
Sessions thereafter: 50 minutes £60.00
- Concessionary rates available to students and potential clients with financial constraints
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday 10 -8
Wednesday 10 - 8
Friday Day time and evening appointments up until 9 pm
Types of client