A warm welcome to my page.
I am a registered (BACP) humanistic counsellor with over 35 years’ experience in the field of personal growth. I have spent 20 + years working as a counsellor and wellbeing mentor. I work with a range of modalities and my approach is motivational and engaging.
Clients attend therapy for a myriad of reasons and everyone has their own unique story to tell. The presenting issue is usually the tip of the iceberg. While there are universal themes each client brings his or her personal history. If there are recurring themes, for example difficulties in relationships, the important thing is to get to the underlying causes, the disempowering programmes that run automatically in the background. Part of my job is to identify the blind spots and help clients move beyond childhood adaptation and survival to a place of growth and personal empowerment.
I work holistically with the mind body connection and my therapy is largely about raising self-esteem and fostering a desire for optimal health and wellbeing. This can include lifestyle changes. Stress is a major contributor to mental, emotional , and physical dis – ease. If a client presents with a mood disorder such as anxiety or depression, I would look at diet, exercise, and sleep patterns.
In a stressed out, over stimulated world, therapy affords “ time out” A confidential space to pause and reflect in a relaxed atmosphere where trust is assured. For many clients it is the first time they will have taken the opportunity to question what they really want or to acknowledge how they are truly feeling. In a lot of cases to question whose life they have been living.
I tend to work towards specific outcomes and I encourage client involvement at every stage. I have devised a 3 stage model: Self Centring Therapy. It illustrates the movement from over focus on outer circumstances to healing from within. I help clients align with their authentic Self and reach a state of equanimity and balance. Self-Centring provides a secure inner base, a place to go to emotionally Self regulate and build resilience. Learn to direct the course of your life from a position of strength.
Find more information at intimere.co.uk
My approach is honest, kind, and empathic. I help bring your life into focus and offer practical assistance when needed. I believe it is not enough to know, in an age of endless information you need to be able to demonstrate change in your life, therefore, I am keen to share relevant information. Fresh insights can broaden your perspective and help you to take positive action. Rather than spending endless hours ruminating about the past, I encourage a positive mind set with a view to opening up new possibilities. I feel it is helpful to consider therapy as a journey of Self - Recovery: I specialise in working with TRANSITIONS, I know from working with clients and my own experience that stepping away from the known (even if it hurts) can leave you feeling disconnected. I, offer support and encouragement through an often lonely and confusing period. I also know the high rewards when you take that second chance and live YOUR life free from past restrictions.
Training, qualifications & experience
I work with individuals(18 +) couples & groups
Areas of competence:
- Lifestyle changes where I incorporate decluttering the physical environment.
- I work with writers and anyone with a creative project they wish to bring to completion.
- I work with birth mothers and the reunion process.
- I work with Self Worth and Self-Image which includes self-defeating behaviours such as sabotage, denial, and procrastination. Also the inner critic and imposter syndrome.
- I work with loneliness and isolation.
- I work with carers especially anyone connected with ABI’s
- I work with spirituality and belonging.
- My professional training is in integrative counselling and life coaching
- I am also a qualified trainer and spent over ten years mentoring counselling students through the introductory and intermediate stages of their counselling training.
- I have written and facilitated several personal development workshops including an ABI (Acquired Brain Injury) course.
- I use art therapy as an aid to exploring the unconscious.
- I teach Mindfulness and EFT (emotional freedom technique) to help with stress and disarming the fight or flight response.
- I have studied transpersonal psychology, Gestalt, Person Centred, Stages of grief. Loss and attachment. Positive Psychology. Post Traumatic Growth. And much more.
- I have a keen interest in the latest brain research particularly Neuroplasticity (the brain can reorganise itself by forming new neural connections in response to new situations or to changes in the environment)
- I have studied nutrition and food as medicine. I am particularly interested in the gut - brain connection. Research indicates that a lot of mood disorders such as depression and anxiety start as an imbalance in the gut.
- I am a massive advocate of nature’s healing power.
- I have spent years studying and attending workshops on spirituality.
- I have studied Heart Centred Living through the Heart Math Institute
- I am currently studying Energy Healing.
I am an enthusiastic student of life and my interest in the above themes is a result of my own life experiences, huge challenges led me to search for answers. I am always open to new possibilities and my intuition guides me to what I need at any given time, I believe we are all much more than our conditioning and limited education has led us to believe.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Attachment disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Health anxiety
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic attacks
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Work-related stress
INDIVIDUALS £45 1hour
COUPLES £75 1 hour
INTRODUCTORY £20 30 MINS
I fully appreciate that approaching a therapist may feel scary. I want to reassure you that once you have taken that first step you will feel a lot better. A lot of fear tends to subside once you take action.
Remember this is your life and no matter what has happened in the past YOU CAN CHANGE. I suggest a 30 minute session to meet with me and decide whether, I am the right person for you. See if I can offer you what you want.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|