Ron Workman Registered MBACP (Accred). UKRCP Reg.Ind.
How Counselling can help.
There can be times in our lives when we may experience distress in one of its many forms. As supportive as some of our families and friends are, it is sometimes not possible to share with them why we may be feeling sad, anxious, angry, lonely, frightened or depressed.
It might be that you have experienced loss through bereavement, or a break up of a relationship
In counselling, you can explore your problems in the knowledge that I will not judge you, nor will you be offered short term advice. You will be treated with respect, empathy and genuineness as we look at your problem, and work towards identifying its core, trigger points and coping strategies that will help you take back control of your life.
I am an Accredited Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and I am recognised as an independent counsellor by United Kingdom Register of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (UKRCP). I hold an Advanced Diploma in Humanistic Counselling and am qualified to use Person Centred, Gestalt and Transactional Analysis counselling methods. I am also experienced in most Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Solution Focussed techniques.
I am bound by, and adhere to the BACP Code of Ethical Practice in all aspects of my work.
I am an experienced Integrative counsellor and work primarily using Humanistic models of counselling, though I also use Cognitive Behavioural therapy if and when it is appropriate.
I work in the Medway area and can offer you comfortable, quiet surrounds, very close to a large public car park, on a bus route and about five minutes from the train station.
I am always mindful of the BACP Code of Ethics and hold confidentiality at the top of my list of priorities.
I believe that my work must be client-led, and to that end, I never make assumptions in how my clients perceive themselves and their environment in which they live and so I continuously enquire into their world, staying open to the impact of what they may bring, without the desire to hold judgmental attitudes, and avoid giving advice, interpretations, or diagnosis.
I also believe in genuineness, acceptance and empathic understanding, and use my skills to help build a therapeutic relationship with clients.
I am constantly aware that I need to recognise and accept client’s feelings while trying to help them focus on their problems and choices in a way that shifts responsibility from others to themselves in order to help them reach an understanding of what is their “stuff” and what belongs to others.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced Diploma in Humanistic Counselling (BACP Accredited course)
- Accredited Cruse Bereavement Counsellor
- Accredited Cruse Bereavement Supervisor
- Certificate Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Career counselling
- Child related issues
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- My fees are £45.00 for a 50 minute session
- Clients are seen on a weekly basis
- Concessions for counselling students.
- Couples fees are £50.00
- Available for Day or evening appointments (Last appointment is 7pm)
- I am an Accredited Cruse Bereavement Care Counsellor and also Supervisor, and offer my services to a local branch as a volunteer one evening a week.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|