Paula Phillips (MBACP) Young People & Adult Counselling
Life can present us with unwelcome events at any age. Professional counselling can't change these events but can provide tools and techniques to help minimise their impact.
In my practise, counselling is primarily about the relationship between you and me. It is a talking therapy where we can explore what is troubling you in a safe, non-judgemental setting.
Every person is an individual and therefore counselling can be different for everyone. I draw from several recognised approaches to work progressively and collaboratively with you.
I am more relationship driven rather than theory driven. Having experienced both sides of the therapeutic relationship it is my personal philosophy that the power of the therapy is in the quality of the relationship between the client and the counsellor.
The aim is to help you make continual progress through each session to ensure your sense of well being is restored.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced Diploma in Integrative Counselling - Iron Mill College
- Cpcab Level 5 Certificate in Counselling Young People -Redlands
- Working with Young People - Anxiety and Panic Issues - Redlands
- Level 3 Certificate in Applied Therapeutic Skills - EDAS Learning Centre
- Introduction to ACT- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy - EDAS Learning Centre
- Introduction to Motivational Interviewing - EDAS Learning Centre
- Certificate in Life Coaching
- Smart Recovery Facilitator - UK Smart Recovery
- Wessex Cancer Trust - Volunteer
- Sussed/ 507 Youth Advice Centre Bournemouth - Volunteer
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Career counselling
- Child related issues
- Eating disorders
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Free initial 30 minute session: Face to face or by telephone
Adult 50 minute personal sessions: £40
Young person (Under 18) 50 minute session: £30
An additional fee is applicable for home visits dependent on distance.
Having worked for many years in schools and local charities, with children and young people; between the ages of 5 and 24; including those with special needs, I have gained a wealth of experience helping to resolve the challenges facing these individuals and their families.
In addition, my work with local recognised charities, has given me direct experience of counselling adults and their family members with the difficult subjects of inter-family relationships, diagnosed critical illnesses along with drug and alcohol abuse.
This experience provides the foundation upon which we can build and resolve most issues that may be troubling you.
A brief call is all it takes to make that first step to a better place.
Being based in Wimborne I'm ideally situated for those living in: Colehill, Ferndown, Broadstone, Corfe Mullen, Bear Cross, Kinson, Moordown, Winton, Poole, Verwood and Ringwood.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday to Friday 12pm to 7pm Saturdays 10am to 4pm
Types of client