Paul Melia, Therapy in Manchester, BA Hons MPhil MBACP
Looking to begin counselling, psychotherapy or psychoanalysis in Manchester city centre?
Therapy in Manchester is in the Royal Exchange, St Ann’s Square.
I am experienced in working with a wide range of symptoms including anxiety, panic and phobia, as well as low self-esteem, depression and difficulties with anger.
Every Therapy is Individual
People use my service for individual reasons
• because of life’s big events – a change of status perhaps brought about by a bereavement, separation, becoming a parent or change in employment
• because of day-to-day life – a recurring pattern of thought, feeling or behaviour may have become troubling
• a general mood that is difficult to put into words
• symptoms such as anxiety, panic and phobia, as well as depression, low self-confidence, anger, sexual difficulties and trauma
• for time and space to hear themselves think and feel
Therapist Paul Melia
I am an experienced therapist, drawing on two years work as a Counsellor for a leading private health care company and two years work as Therapist for a North West charity.
I play an active role in the region’s network of therapists and chair the North West Regional Psychotherapy Association.
I established Therapy in Manchester in 2011.
Before qualifying in 2010, I was an Art Historian for 20 years, holding increasingly senior positions within a UK university.
See my website for a ‘behind the scenes’ look at Therapy in Manchester - our first decade
Training, qualifications & experience
- Before qualifying as a therapist, I pursued a first career as an Art Historian for 20 years, holding increasingly senior positions within a UK university
- I qualified as a therapist in 2010 and established this registered practice in 2011
- After qualifying I entered further training and am now one of the few psychotherapists in Manchester who is also a practising psychoanalyst
- I now have nearly a decade of experience working with a wide range of symptoms
- For 8 years I worked from the heart of Chorlton, south Manchester, growing and developing this practice
- In 2019 I was able to relocate to the Royal Exchange in the city centre – also home of the famous Royal Exchange Theatre Company
- This relaunch and expansion of Therapy in Manchester allows me to better serve the mental health needs of adults living or working in the centre of Manchester
Contact me today to book your first session.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Eating disorders
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Sex problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
Daytime and Evening appointments held in St Ann’s Square, city centre Manchester.
- £50 per appointment
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime and Evening Appointments
Types of client
Supervision & training
I provide supervision for counsellors, therapists and members of related professions.View supervision profile