Nandi Kriwaczek BSc (Hons), PGDip, MBACP
166 Pontygwindy Road
178a Whitchurch Road
07957 429 997
I am a BACP registered Counsellor, Psychotherapist and Life Coach working in South Wales.
I have experience across a range of issues, including anxiety disorders and depression, trauma and abuse, grief, relationship and marital difficulties, substance misuse and addiction, eating disorders and long term low self-esteem.
My model of therapy is ‘relational’, with the central focus on the therapeutic relationship and how it can help heal emotional traumas. I have trained in all the three main schools of therapy; psychodynamic, person centred and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT). In addition to these models, I use Solution Focused Therapy, Motivational Interviewing and Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT).
As well as counselling, I offer Life Coaching to clients who want to maximise their potential by focusing on personal goals and how to achieve them. My particular model of coaching has been influenced by highly acclaimed life coaches such as Tony Robbins and Curly Martin, and utilises therapeutic understanding of the Psyche to help enhance an individual’s ability to tap into their full potential.
I have a particular interest in the healing power of nature, and finding nature-based sources of self-healing, whether that is ‘forest bathing’, natural environmental sounds, bird watching, or any other kind of activity that allows people to connect with nature in a more meaningful way.
Taking the first step
Whether you’re looking for counselling or coaching, the first step is to make an initial enquiry. I am always open to answer any questions you may have about the process, or about me as a therapist or coach.
I am warm, empathetic and always work in a collaborative way with my clients. If you feel comfortable about working with me, we can book an initial session and see how it goes. There’s no commitment to stay – the direction and duration of your therapy is in your hands.
If you are interested in further understanding how I work, please feel free to access my website:
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP).
In addition to my private practice work, I have also worked for Cardiff MIND, Cardiff University and Cardiff Metropolitan University.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (BACP accredited)
- BSc (Hons) in Psychology
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Certificate in Counselling Studies
- Life Coaching Level 7 Diploma (currently undertaking)
Continuous Professional Development
- Mental Health First Aid
- Working with Eating Disorders
- Sexualised Trauma
- Gambling Awareness
- Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Suicide First Aid
- Depression, Suicide and Self Harm
- Raising Awareness of Asperger Syndrome
- Couples - The Fundamentals (course designed by Juliet Grayson)
- Couples - Meeting their partner's needs (course designed by Juliet Grayson)
- Couples - Dealing with Affairs (course designed by Juliet Grayson)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Areas of experience:
- Anxiety disorders, inc Obsessing thinking, intrusive thoughts, OCD, GAD and social anxiety
- Low self esteem and confidence
- Sexual and emotional abuse
- Relationship problems
- Managing stress
- Issues around procrastination
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
Individual session - £50
Couples session - £65
Skype session - £50
Telephone session - £50
Life Coaching - various
Counselling students who require therapy as part of their professional development criteria - £40
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime Monday to Saturday, Monday and Tuesday evening.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|