Nandi Kriwaczek BSc (Hons), PGDip, MBACP, Counsellor and Supervisor
As a supervisor, my aim is to help supervisee's explore their client work at a deeper level, engaging both cognitive and creative thinking processes. Supervision is all about finding a place to bring curiosity, issues and concerns, into a safe environment, and to leave feeling supported, enriched, resourced and restored. Key to this is developing your own reflective practice, based on the key tenets of the BACP ethical framework, and to build your confidence as a practitioner.
Supervision sessions are structured around Page and Wosket's (2015) cyclical model of exploration;
- contracting how we are going to work together,
- identifying the focus,
- allowing space to explore,
- bringing in a 'bridge' between learning and application,
- and reviewing if all needs have been met.
Within this model, sessions can focus on various different aspects of the work with the use of the Seven Eyed Model (Hawkins, 2011);
- the client
- strategies and interventions
- relationship between client and supervisee
- the supervisee' process
- the supervisory relationship
- the supervisor's process
- and finally, the wider context of the work.
Individual supervision is £50 for an hour.
Group supervision sessions of 2 hours can be arranged on request, at the reduced cost of £25 per hour, per individual (groups of 3-4).