Mohammed Yassar Ali MA, MBACP
Yassar qualified as a Counsellor in 2001 and has worked within the private, public and voluntary sectors. He trained as an integrative therapist in 2000 at St John's University in York and completed his Masters at the University of Manchester in Counselling Studies thereafter progressing on to the Professional Doctoral Program in Counselling Studies.
Yassar works with clients experiencing a range of emotional and mental health difficulties. His integrative approach is very holistic, encompassing the psychological, emotional, behavioural, religious and spiritual elements of the human being.
A particular focus for Yassar's clinical research and practice work relates to the Muslim community in the UK.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Certificate in Counselling Skills (Burnley College) 2000
- Graduate Diploma at York St John College (University of Leeds) 2002
- MA in Counselling Studies (University of Manchester) 2006
- Part-completion Professional Doctorate in Counselling Studies (University of Manchester) 2012
- Cruse Bereavement Counselling Training (2000) Cruse Lancashire
- Certificate in Stress Management & Performance Coaching (Centre for Coaching, London) 2003
- Certificate in Coaching (Centre for Coaching, London) 2003
- Certificate in Cognitive-Behavioural Therapies (Centre for Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, London) 2004
- Msc Module - Working with Children and Adolescents in Counselling (University of Salford) 2006
- Certificate in Supervision Skills (BPS approved) Birmingham 2015
Shorter Certified courses
- Couples counselling training
- Alcohol and Drug addiction training
- Sexual addictions and how to support partners
- Trauma and PTSD training
- Advanced CBT Skills Training
- REBT training
- Multi-Modal Therapy training
- Relaxation Skills Training
- Working with parents in troubled families
- Exploring a Child's World Through Therapeutic Play and Creativity
- CIEH Train the Trainer Programme
- RESPECT Domestic Abuse Perpetrator Program Trainer
- Adolescent to Parent Violence prevention program trainer
- Mental Health First Aid Trainer Youth, Schools, Lite
- Community and Family Mediator
- Coach - Life, Business and Executive Coaching
- Youth Mentor
- Parenting Programme Facilitator
- CEOP Ambassador
- NSPCC Accredited Child Protection Trainer
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Individual session .. 1 hour…£50
Student Counsellor session… 1 hour… £35
Couples session… 1 hour…£60
Supervision session… 1.5 hours…£60.00