I am a warm, open person who has been a counsellor for over ten years. I am therefore experienced and can provide a safe space for you to explore what is troubling you, in a non-judgemental, totally confidential situation. My counselling orientation is basically as a ‘person centred’ practitioner. This means I take my lead from my clients. However I have knowledge and experience of working in different ways and so open to exploring the best and most effective ways to support you. I am also available after normal working hours, from midday till 7pm five days a week. I like to meet potential clients for an initial session and then if we decide I might be able to help you we would usually meet weekly. However that is negotiable. My fee is normally £40 for a 50min session.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Becoming a Clinical supervisor April 2016 –ACT counselling services
- PG Certificate in Counselling and Supervision (1995) Kinharvie/University of Strathclyde
- BA (Hons 2:1) Psychology Open University
- BSc (Hons) Physiology & Biochemistry
- PG Cert Ed
I have experience in working in general counselling including; Abuse, Sexual abuse, Anxiety, Bereavement, Depression, Eating disorders, Loss, Personal Development, Pregnancy related issues, Redundancy, Relationships, Self Esteem, Self-Harm, Stress and Trauma.
I have gained a great deal from the many hours of Continuing Professional Development over the years.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Career counselling
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
My fee per 50 min session is currently £40.
Cancellation of session up to 2 days before -no charge.
Half the session fee is due if session cancelled within 2 days prior to appointment.
Whole session fee charged if cancellation is same day as session time booked.
- I have worked as a manager in education
- in Higher Education as a lecturer in psychology.
- I have been a volunteer counsellor for a charity for over ten years, as well as counselling children in the workplace.
- I have also worked in private practice and I am currently working towards my counselling accreditation.
- I offer supervision to other therapists within the agency I volunteer with.
I think mental health is so very important and much misunderstood. I am passionate about providing support for those who find themselves temporarily adrift, enabling them to make the adjustments required to regain their equilibrium. I believe counselling offers them a safe opportunity for individuals to experience growth and change.
I adhere to the BACP Ethical Framework for Good Practice.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|