Marian Stapley Reg. MBACP
My name is Marian Stapley and I offer a counselling service to adults experiencing feelings of anxiety, stress, depression and isolation. My practice is in Westergate and is within easy reach of Chichester, Barnham, Fontwell, Arundel, Bognor and surrounding areas.
HOW I CAN HELP YOU
Your story matters and I am here to listen to whatever you want to say - in a peaceful and safe environment we can work effectively together in a respectful, open and trusting relationship, exploring whatever issues you are experiencing. Working at your pace, I will listen, support and offer you the space to express yourself openly and honestly. I will help you feel less stressed and anxious and more able to cope with whatever issues are challenging you right now. Your mental health will improve and you will become more empowered so that you feel more in control to make decisions that are right for you.
HOW COUNSELLING CAN HELP YOU
Life can be stressful and challenging, especially when we have to cope with difficult relationships, or experience depression, anxiety or panic, isolation, illness, redundancy or any of the other issues that may affect our wellbeing. Developing a trusting, therapeutic relationship with a counsellor can help find the tools and strategies required to help with these types of issues and gain a greater understanding of who we are.
Organising counselling can sometimes be overwhelming but by following a few easy steps you can contact me and be on your counselling journey in no time, at your pace and without added stress:
- Telephone or email me to set up an initial session - we will talk about you and what you want to get out of counselling
- If you are happy to continue - we will set up a second session at a mutually convenient time, and then arrange to future weekly/fortnightly sessions if you are still happy to continue.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
I trained as a Humanistic counsellor at the University of Chichester and work in a confidential, non-judgemental and sensitive way.
I have worked as a counsellor since 2012 and have gained extensive experience working with two local charities offering counselling to the elderly, and people with limited mobility and also for people diagnosed with cancer, their families and carers.
I am a Registered member of the BACP ( British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy), which means that I am a fully insured, professionally qualified, well trained and experienced counsellor.
I adhere to the ethical code of conduct of the BACP and have regular supervision to ensure a high standard of professional practice.
I am also a Human Resources professional working within the ethical code of the CIPD (Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development) for coaching and mentoring.
TIME OF COUNSELLING SESSIONS
I am available for counselling sessions:
- Monday to Friday: day time, 8am - 6pm
- Monday to Friday: evening, 6pm - 9pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 8am - 6pm
- Counselling can be on a short-term, time limited and open-ended basis.
ACCESS AND PARKING
- Driveway and on-street parking available
- Bus stops serving Littlehampton, Arudnel, Barnham, Bognor, Tangmere, Chichester within an easy 5 minute walk
- Barnham railway station, distance 1 mile aprox
The counselling room is easily accessible via the garden and has one small step into the room
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Humanistic Counselling, University of Chichester
- Certificate of Proficiency - the BACP accredited voluntary register
- Transactional Analysis TA 101
- Somatic Orientation and Treatment Training for Therapists - Prevention of re-traumatisation
- Creative Arts Approach to Life Story Work
- Certificate Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy
Other Short Training Courses:
- Sand Tray Therapy
- Working with Disability
- Drum Therapy
- Shame and the Body
- Grief and Loss
- Working with Dementia
- Setting up an ethical private practice
- Erotic Transference and Counter-Transference in Counselling
- Dependency in Counselling
- Exploring Loss
- Working with Body Storylines
- The Expanding Toolkits
- Safeguarding within a Counselling Practice
- Sleep Disturbance
- Exploring Sexuality and Gender
- Working with Bereavement
- Working with Addiction
- Mindfulness and Focusing Workshop
- Human Resources
- CIPD level 3 - Certificate in Personnel Practice
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
Photos & videos
Initial 30 minute face to face or telephone consultation free of charge to discuss how we could work effectively together.
Counselling sessions are charged at £40 per hour long session. I am open to negotiation for clients on benefits or a low income, depending on your circumstances.
WHAT CLIENTS SAY
'My sessions with Marian have offered me valuable space to reflect on the challenges I have faced with serious illness, changes at work and caring for teenage children and elderly parents; her calm, wise questioning has allowed me to nurture the positive voice in my head, enabling me to answer my own questions and smooth the path I'm travelling on'. D
'Marian offers a warm, professional service. I'd highly recommend anyone to give it a try, it's fantastic for the soul' C
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mon - Fri: 8am to 9pm Sat - Sun: 8am to 6pm UK Bank Holidays: 10am to 6pm All emails will be answered as soon as possible, normally within 12 hours
Types of client