Hi my name is Lindsey, I am an accredited counsellor with the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy. I work with clients experiencing a range of emotional issues including but not limited too anxiety, panic attacks, depression, post traumatic stress, phobias, domestic abuse, childhood abuse, loss and bereavement and complex family relationships. i have counselled clients directly/indirectly affected by long covid.
I am able to support you in identifying issues that you want to address and offer an initial FREE 10 minute phone consultation so that you can decide if we can work together.
I work in the Swansea and have 14 years counselling experience. I draw on a range of approaches which include: cognitive behavioural therapy, transactional analysis, person centred therapy and solution focused therapy.
Above all, I am here to listen and act impartially to allow you the space to make the change that is right for you and achieve your own personal goals.
We are living in uncertain times and I will be able to support you with tools and techniques to help you with identifying emotions and tolerating distress.
What can I offer you?
I always offer a free 10 minute telephone conversation as I know how important it is to make sure you find a counsellor that is right for you.
If you decide to have counselling with me, we will arrange an initial session to jointly agree how best I can support you in achieving any goals you may set yourself.
I am now offering face to face, telephone and video sessions.
Having someone to help me put in context what I was feeling and normalising these emotions was really powerful
"Lindsey was great to work with- I really benefited from her support" .
Training, qualifications & experience
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (Integrative) (2008-2010)
- Level 2 and 3 certificate in counselling (2008-2010)
- BSc Psychology (2001-2003)
- Working with Trauma ( Oct 2021)
- Narrative Exposure Therapy ( Aug 2021)
- Tranactional analysis 101( Feb 2021)
- Working with Borderline Personality Disorder(Oct 2020)
- Loss and Bereavement awareness- grief in Lockdown (July 2020)
- Moving your practice online ( April 2020)
- Working Therapetically with adult children of Narcisstic parents ( March 2020)
- Autism in the Counselling Room( March 2020)
- Emotional Freedom Technique and Matrix Imprinting( Level 1 and 2) (Feb 2020)
- Narcissistic traits and Emotional Abuse( Jan 2020)
- Alcohol awareness training( Oct 2019)
- Non violent communication(2019) Treating Intrusive Thoughts & the Inner Critical Voice( 2019)
- Schema Therapy (2019)
- GDPR: understanding your organisation's responsibilities (2019)
- Mental Capacity Act 2005, Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (2019)
- Supporting military veterans( 2019)
- Safeguarding Children and Adults at Risk (2018)
- Working with people with Dementia and their carers ( five day training 2018)
- Mental Health First Aid ( 2016)
- Solution Focused Therapy (training completed between 2011-2015)
- Level 4 Protection of Vulnerable Adults(2015)
- Working with Addictive and Maladaptive Behaviours(2014)
- Working in Time Conscious Ways Assessment, CORE and Time Limited Contracts (2014)
- Therapists at Play (2013)
Using Sand therapy when Counselling Clients (2013)
Working with Substance Misuse and Addictive Behaviours from a Relational Perspective (2012)
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I have counselled clients using a Solution Focused Model.
I have experience of working with loss and bereavement.
From £35.00 to £45.00
Concessions offered for
EAP/Health Insurance Providers
£45 per 50 minute in person session.
£35 per 60 minute telephone/Zoom session
Discounted rates and concessions are available for clients who:
Are in receipt of benefits.
Book 3 or more sessions in bulk.
Accepts referrals from Employee Assistance Programmes.
A number of private health insurance policies (though not all) will cover counselling costs; clients are strongly advised to check their cover with their insurer before commencement of counselling sessions to avoid being charged for sessions.
I offer counselling via face to face, telephone and video-conferencing.
Avaliability Monday to Friday 8am to 7pm.
I counsel at a central venue in Sketty, Swansea.
Extra precautions have been put in place to make the venue covid secure .
This venue is accessable by bus and off road parking is avaliable.
The venue does not allow for wheelchair accessibility.
Please note I do not offer couple counselling or counsel clients under teh age of 18.