Joanne Welsh, Registered Member MBACP (Accred) Counsellor & Supervisor
Welcome to my profile. I offer a warm, non-judgmental counselling service and will help you understand yourself better, face difficult circumstances, make decisions or begin to make changes to your life. This will usually involve talking about your past life experiences, providing you with the support you need right now and helping you to make plans for your future.
I offer both individual and couples counselling, adults and young people from around 11+ and I can help you to;
- Understand how you are feeling
- Identify areas that you might want to focus on
- Work through the difficulties that you are currently going through
- Discover what options you have and help you to find the right path forward
- Cope with change and/or make the changes you want to
- Learn new ways of coping by creating a deeper understanding of yourself
- Feel better about yourself and your life
- See a way forward and make progress towards feeling hopeful
I offer support for a wide range of difficulties including anxiety, work related stress, depression, relationship issues including sexual difficulties (either with individuals or couples), self esteem, bereavement and trauma among others.
I have comprehensive experience and training, working as a counsellor both privately and across a number of organisations for many years.
A peaceful and tranquil location, yet only 20 minutes from Belfast, Antrim, Ballymena, Larne and Carrickfergus; the journey all on main roads. This comfortable environment will provide you with some valuable time away and the space you might need at this time. Parking is available.
"Realise that you cannot help a soul unless that soul really wants help and is ready to be helped. I tell you to send that soul nothing but Love and more love. Be still and wait, but be there when that soul turns for help." Eileen Caddy
I will use a range of techniques learnt over the years from different therapy theories including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and I will focus on what you want to achieve, so offering a service unique to your needs. I offer a flexible professional service and receive consistent positive feedback from clients who gain real benefits to their lives from attending my practice. Take a step forward by getting in touch and following an initial appointment you can decide if its right for you at this time in your life...
Training, qualifications & experience
- Accredited Registered member with BACP (British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy).
- Diploma in Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Diploma in CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy)
- Diploma in Psychosexual Therapy, Tavistock Relationships - ongoing
- Certificate in Couples Counselling
- Diploma in Supervision
- Certificate in Complex Trauma
- Human Givens Masterclass in Couples Counselling
- Human Givens REWIND Technique Training
- Addictions Training
- Childline Telephone & Online Counselling (NSPCC)
- Bereavement Care for Adults as well as for Children and Young People
- ASSIST training
- Child Protection - Keeping Children Safe Training
- Vulnerable Adults Protection - Keeping Adults Safe Training
- Self Awareness & Stress Training
- Domestic Violence Awareness (Women’s Aid)
- LGBT Awareness & Workshops
I work with individuals, couples (either in a relationship, family, siblings or friends) & young people, entering therapy with a wide range of issues & difficulties.
Along with my private practice, I have also worked for Cruse Bereavement and Childline, currently work for New Life Counselling Services and have gained a wealth of experience over the years through these organisations and in private practice.
Believing in the benefits of having a good emotional wellbeing I am also involved with Fresh Minds Education; I currently facilitate Suicide Awareness workshops across the community, promoting positive wellbeing. I also facilitate Fresh Minds awducation children’s GROW programme; focussed on creating resilience and coping techniques skills.
I continually develop myself by attending courses and workshops and abide by the BACP code of ethics.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Career counselling
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
- Family/systemic therapy
Photos & videos
I OFFER FACE TO FACE, TELEPHONE AND ONLINE THERAPY
Your 50 minute session costs £40/session for individuals & couples during the day (Mon-Fri); £45 in the evenings (Mon & Tue) and £50 at weekends (Sat).
You can pay using cash, paypal or bank transfer.
If you are a student counsellor and require personal therapy as part of your course, I can provide this at a rate of £35/session during the day & £40 in the evenings.
I provide counselling supervision - £35 for 1 hour; £50/1.5 hours
Please contact me by phone or email for further information, queries or to make an appointment. I value good service and so I will respond promptly to your queries, providing you with all the information you need and help you to make an appointment.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Sessions available Mon-Fri 9am-4pm; Mon & Tue evenings 5.30-8.30pm; Sat 10-3pm
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I provide counselling supervision to both student and qualified therapists.View supervision profile