Are you looking for help?
My name is Jed Bridge. I am an experienced therapist offering counselling and psychotherapy to adults who are seeking support to address a range of life issues and/or emotional and relational difficulties. Or you might be interested in using therapy for self-exploration and personal development, or perhaps as part of an 'overhaul' of your health and well-being?
I currently offer therapy online using Zoom, or by phone, and outdoors in nature (close to Monton/Eccles/Worsley/Swinton, in Salford, north-west Manchester).
I am motivated in my work as a counsellor by a genuine desire to serve others. I particularly enjoy helping my clients develop their self-esteem and establish a greater sense of personal effectiveness and agency in their lives.
Embarking on a counselling 'journey' and engaging in the process of therapeutic change might seem quite daunting at first, and may at times be challenging; yet it can be a very productive and deeply rewarding experience.
Talking therapy can provide you with a valuable opportunity to explore what's troubling you and gain awareness and perspective to help you move forward. It can be really helpful having a confidential space where you can get things off your chest and talk over your situation with a counsellor who is supportive and non-judgemental. This is a space where you can begin to get in touch with your own resources and move towards embracing a more fulfilling approach to living life, and to dealing with its ups and downs. I will help you to build confidence and trust in yourself, and to find increased self-acceptance, peace of mind and resilience.
It is important to find a therapist who is right for you. For me this would mean:
- someone who is warm, who will listen to you without judgement, and who will be supportive as you take courage to talk about your feelings and experiences;
- someone who you can build a trusting relationship with, and who you are going to feel safe and comfortable to work with at your own pace;
- someone who will help you explore and make sense of your situation, and who will 'get you' and help you clarify what it is you really want and need;
- someone who will support you to restore your self-worth and help you arrive at a level of awareness and understanding where you can consider helpful and healthy ways forward.
I offer my compassion and a listening ear, as well as the understanding, skills and expertise that I have developed in over 25 years of working therapeutically with clients. I bring myself to my counselling work, head and heart, along with my wisdom and experience. I combine my professional grounding and my humanity with my intuition and the reflections and insights of my own personal journey.
Call me on 07792 110812 to arrange an appointment, or for an informal chat to discuss your needs and ask any questions ...or email me if you prefer. If you get my voicemail, please feel free to leave a brief message along with your name and number, and I will get back to you as soon as I can. I aim to respond to email enquiries within 48 hours - Mon-Fri.
I am currently offering sessions online using Zoom or by phone. I also offer individual 'walk and talk' therapy sessions outdoors in the Salford area (in accessible green spaces close to Monton/Eccles/Worsley/Swinton). Appointments are available daytimes and evenings (outdoor sessions in daylight hours only).
I am considering a return to indoor face-to-face working in the near future when this is appropriate. I will review this and update as the situation changes. I intend to offer a mix of therapy options: in-person (both 'face-to-face' indoors & 'walk and talk' outdoors), and by phone and Zoom. If you specifically want face-to-face sessions, please email me so I can tell you when these are available.
What areas can counselling help you with?
Issues I have helped people with include:
- low self-esteem and lack of confidence;
- feelings of inadequacy and self-doubt;
- relationship and trust issues;
- guilt and self-criticism;
- people-pleasing and worrying what others think;
- stress, anxiety and overwhelm;
- difficulty with managing feelings and emotions;
- problem gambling;
- feelings of isolation;
- bereavement and loss;
- existential issues and life changes;
- loss of focus or purpose;
- spirituality and search for meaning;
- issues around sense of identity;
- self-exploration and personal development.
What can you achieve through counselling with me?
My goal is to help you to:
- be comfortable to talk about what's bothering you, get things off your chest, and gain some support and perspective;
- develop self-awareness and insight;
- explore the impacts of past experiences, both in terms of bound-up energy and chronic stress, and in terms of their influence on your current outlook and view of yourself;
- recognise your own resources and address apparently self-limiting responses;
- become more authentic and self-directed;
- free yourself up to make better and more effective decisions;
- distinguish and make choices between relationships and experiences that energise, nourish and sustain you, and those that are deadening, depleting and cause you pain or harm;
- establish a more loving and compassionate relationship with yourself;
- feel more in touch and connected, more balanced and whole, and more contented, resilient and secure;
- enjoy increased fulfilment and a greater sense of self-assurance and empowerment in your relationships and your life in general;
- open yourself to thriving as well as surviving.
I aim to provide a safe, supportive and collaborative environment for meaningful exploration and positive change.
Committed to your growth...
In my own life's journey, learning to truly acknowledge and validate myself has been very important, and not without challenges. It has involved becoming increasingly self-aware and open to my experiences and feelings (whilst at the same time expanding my effectiveness in managing these). It has meant developing a self-supportive attitude of understanding and compassion, where I can accept and appreciate myself for who I really am... warts and all. And perhaps even more importantly than accepting my 'warts', it has helped me to recognise my light and allow it to shine.
I have been fortunate enough to encounter situations and people along the way who, without trying to change me into what they or others want me to be, have offered a reflection of me that has truly resonated with my experiences, motivations and feelings, and has helped me affirm these.
Being 'seen' and 'heard' in this way, where I have felt valued and recognised unconditionally, has been profoundly important in enabling me to accept and embrace who I am. It has encouraged and inspired me to get to know myself better, to listen within and to trust myself. I continue on this journey of growth and unfolding, connecting with my potential, and re-evaluating and realigning my relationships, my life and my outlook. I enjoy being me and approving of myself.
I have 'walked the walk' myself, and I bring the benefits of this into my work as a therapist: my first-hand experience of the therapeutic process, and my understanding and appreciation of the essence of what makes it work; the insights and experiences of my own ongoing life's journey; my own losses and heartbreaks; my passions and celebrations; my challenges and triumphs; my reflections and observations; and the lessons I have learned from people who I have met on the way, including my many individual and unique clients, and the various 'teachers', kindred spirits and other souls I have encountered. This is invaluable to my effectiveness and my humility and empathy as a counsellor.
If what I have said in my profile has spoken to you, and you would like to see if we could work together, or if you have any questions about any aspect of my practice, please feel free to contact me on 07792 110812 ...or email me if you prefer. If you get my voicemail, please feel free to leave a brief message along with your name and number, and I will get back to you as soon as I can. I aim to respond to email enquiries within 48 hours - Mon-Fri.
Training, qualifications & experience
Background and experience:
I have worked in various settings, including:
- Independent private practice, including working at The Worsley Centre for Psychotherapy and Counselling, Walkden, Salford (2015-20), and working online and by phone, as well as outdoors, since the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Sessional counsellor (6 years) for GamCare, Salford, working with problem gamblers and people adversely affected by someone else's problem gambling;
- Sessional counsellor (7 years) in a Central Manchester GP surgery (The Docs);
- Sessional counselling (voluntary and paid work) at Beechwood Cancer Care Centre, Stockport, working with people affected by a cancer diagnosis or loss of a family member.
I have several years' past experience of part-time lecturing and personal development group facilitation on various counsellor training courses (Liverpool Community College, Manchester College of Arts and Technology (MANCAT), Salford College and Tameside College), as well as training provision for Cruse Bereavement Care (Greater Manchester Branch), where I co-facilitated 60-hour Introduction to Bereavement Counselling courses that volunteers were required to undertake.
I also work as a supervisor, currently offering one-to-one clinical supervision on an independent basis to both qualified and trainee counsellors. My practice has included supervision provision for Cruse Bereavement Care (Greater Manchester Branch) and Face-to-Face Counselling Service, Chorlton, and more recently, 11 years' delivering individual and group supervision services to Beacon Counselling, a Stockport-based charity (2009-20). I have also facilitated peer supervision groups within counselling diploma courses at MANCAT and Salford College.
Training and qualifications:
My relevant qualifications and training include:
- Diploma in Counselling;
- Diploma in Fieldwork Supervision;
- Diploma in Hypnosis & Hypnotherapy, Psychology & Psychotherapy (National College of Hypnosis and Psychotherapy);
- Advanced Certificates in: Stress & Anxiety Management; Therapeutic Group Work; and Therapeutic Hypnosis;
- GamCare clinical training - various certificated training programmes relating to problem gambling and working with problem gamblers and affected others;
- Advanced clinical training in Transactional Analysis psychotherapy (3 years, 420 EATA accredited hours);
- Certificate in Education (Post Compulsory).
I engage in regular continuing professional development (CPD) in areas relating to counselling, psychotherapy and personal development, alongside my commitment to my own ongoing self-reflection, personal growth and well-being.
Contact me on 07792 110812 ...or email me if you prefer. If you get my voicemail, please feel free to leave a brief message along with your name and number, and I will get back to you as soon as I can. I aim to respond to email enquiries within 48 hours - Mon-Fri.
I am a Registered Member of the British Association for Psychotherapy and Counselling (Registered Member MBACP) - reg. no. 109981. I work within the BACP Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
☑ Adjustment to life changes ☑ Emotional difficulties ☑ Grief ☑ Guilt ☑ Identity ☑ Loss ☑ Loss of focus/purpose ☑ Lost 'mojo' ☑ Low energy ☑ Low self-worth ☑ Managing feelings ☑ Masculinity ☑ Men's issues ☑ Mid-life crisis ☑ Negative impacts of patriarchy ☑ Personal development ☑ Self-awareness ☑ Self-exploration ☑ Shame ☑ Shyness ☑ Stress management ☑ Trust Issues
From £45.00 to £55.00
Free initial telephone session
Concessions offered for
Before arranging an initial session, we would need to have a brief pre-assessment telephone consultation (for which there is no charge).
We may then choose to arrange a full initial one-hour consultation, where we assess and explore what you want from therapy and how we might work together. I charge for this first session, but the fee is only payable if you decide to continue working with me. You are free to make up your mind at this stage without any obligation; so if the therapy doesn't go ahead, the fee isn't charged.
I operate a 'sliding scale' of session fees, ranging from £45 to £55 per one-hour session, based on your ability to pay.
For trainee counsellors completing your required personal therapy hours, I offer a reduced 'student rate' @ £40 per one-hour session.
A limited number of further fee concessions may be available. This would be by negotiation and based on your circumstances and ability to pay. I am sorry I can't guarantee this, as availability is dependent on the overall balance of concessionary places that I have committed to at any particular time. Please feel free to enquire.
Payment is due on the day of each session and can be made by cash, cheque or bank transfer.
Payments in sterling (GBP) only please.
Please view my supervision profile for rates offered for clinical supervision.
- Daytime and evening appointments available
- Outdoor sessions available in daylight hours only
Call me on 07792 110812* to arrange an appointment, or for an informal chat to discuss your needs and ask any questions ...or you can email me if you prefer.
If you get my voicemail, please feel free to leave a brief message along with your name and number, and I will get back to you as soon as I can. I aim to respond to email enquiries within 48 hours - Mon-Fri.
* Call me on +44 7792 110812 if you are phoning from outside the UK.
Thank you for looking at my profile.