I have many years of experience being alongside people who are struggling in life or suffering mental ill health. I am extremely knowledgeable with diversity and wide-ranging needs. I provide highly skilled talking therapy which is individually structured and has proven effective in making deep-seated change; tapping into the very roots of how and why we are. I am also able to offer creative supervision
Who do I help?
I am skilled in counselling individuals as well as couples and am trained to work with younger people and much older clients too of which I have years of experience. I trained and worked with CRUSE bereavement so am very knowledgeable in managing grief and loss of many kinds including trauma and loss through suicide, loss of health and loved ones including loss related to illness such as dementia and becoming a carer, relationship problems, family struggles, infertility and childlessness, fear and anxiety, abuse and addictions.
Where will the sessions take place?
I am currently providing a confidential online service aswell as specialist telephone support in these difficult times
I have a healing space at home in a comfortable private and peaceful country setting. We will work together gently discovering the keys to unlocking and developing your self worth and expanding and connecting with living and being whilst feeling safe and supported.
I am also able to make home visits particularly for those struggling to get out for whatever reason, often disability or agoraphobia.
I also offer telephone/Skype counselling which is proving to be very effective particularly for those who live further away and struggle to travel or have issues around time.
How do I work?
I work in a gentle person-centred way where you will feel a sense of warmth and trust in relating so enabling you to move forward at your own pace in a way that feels manageable and empowering.
The introductory session on the phone is free to come and discover for yourself...
How do I get in touch?
If you have any questions about therapy or would like to make an appointment, then I welcome you to either give me a call or text on 07970580933 or click here to send me an email.
Training, qualifications & experience
- 15 years experience in working in mental health and currently in practice at a surgery as part of a professional team
- Specialist knowledge of the needs of carers and very experienced with older person's mental health and dementia
- Higher Diploma in Counselling and continued specialist trainings
- Specialist Bereavement training and over 6 years experience in Bereavement counselling including Sudden and traumatic death, Loss through Suicide and Complex and Compounded grief which often covers many years/many losses
- Specialist training to work with younger people in grief
- Continued ongoing training and professional development-Mindfulness 8 week study/practice, ASIST Suicide Prevention training
- Able to provide a mobile service; visiting individuals in the comfort of their own home
- Higher Diploma in Supervision offering creative reflective space for those working in therapy and mental health
- Working to BACP Ethical framework
- Registered with BACP-British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists and now in process of completing Accreditation
- Specialist Couples Counselling training with the Mary Clegg Clinic
- Higher Diploma in creative clinical supervision
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Over 16 years of work with an older person's mental health and the needs of carers and specialising in work in the community.
Over 5 years of experience in bereavement counselling.
I have received extra training to work with children and young people in grief and more recently specialist training to work with couples in crisis who may be struggling in their relationship.
- Free introductory session via the telephone.
- 40.00 per 50 min session for individuals.
- 55.00 per session for couples.
- Reduced rates for those on low incomes and benefits as well as students in training.
- Travel costs at 0.40 per mile.
If you have any questions about therapy or would like to make an appointment, be it in my private practice, a home visit or a session online, then I welcome you to either give me a call or text on 07970580933 or click here to send me an email.
I am flexible to client's needs. I offer home visits telephone and online therapy all proving very effective particularly for those struggling with availability or leaving the home
I am experienced in providing specialist skilled support work utilising my counselling awareness for those who feel unable to leave their homes and socialise. I work in a very gentle person-centred therapeutic way with people struggling with anxiety, fear, agoraphobia and memory problems, successfully providing and enabling clients to gradually build their inner strength and confidence enabling socialising and accessing the community often joining groups and establishing friendships.
Where appropriate I have used my dogs and horses, walking and nature, appreciation of art and music [ singing too] and cookery in a safe creative and homely environment. Clients have made connections and discovered inner contentment and empowerment. I have appreciated being able to help in making a real difference in people's lives; enabling them to reconnect both with themselves and with the community.
I have over 16 years of experience in this kind of work.