Gareth Fowler Registered MBACP (Accred)
Evolve Counselling and Therapy Centre
25a Park Square West
Thank you for viewing my profile and considering me as a source of support. My practice is situated in central Leeds, five minutes’ walk away from the railway station, on major bus routes and with on-street parking outside. I can offer evening and weekend appointments.
Counselling is a talking therapy offering you a place to explore difficulties in life in a confidential setting with someone trained to help you discover more about yourself and how you might manage things in a way that you may find helpful.
There are many reasons for seeking counselling. You may be feeling anxious and distressed about your thoughts, feelings, relationships and behaviour. You may have undergone a life-changing event such as bereavement or other loss, an employment change or a relationship breakdown. You may realise that you are repeating unhelpful patterns of relating to others or are experiencing feeling overwhelmed, stuck or unheard.
As your therapist my primary aim is always to help and support you. At the heart of our work together is the therapeutic relationship created in collaboration with each individual client. I will aim to create the right emotional environment for you to explore your concerns, adapting my approach and pace to the needs of the person I am working with, by offering a safe, supportive, calm and non-judgemental space where you can feel truly understood.
We can work together for a few sessions or over a longer period of time depending on your needs and wishes.
I am a qualified counsellor trained in the Relational Approach, drawing primarily from humanistic and psychodynamic theoretical approaches.
As an accredited member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), I follow a set of ethical principles and guidelines that underpin my practice. I maintain and enhance the quality of my work through regular supervision and continued professional development.
Training, qualifications & experience
Training and qualifications:
- Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Diploma in Counselling Children and Adolescents
- Diploma in Counselling Supervision
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Diploma in Autism Awareness
- NCFE Certificate in Mental Health Awareness
- Transactional Analysis (TA101)
- Private practice: counselling adults and young people
- Queen Elizabeth Grammar School Wakefield: counselling students from both Senior and Junior Schools
- Greenhead College, Huddersfield: counselling students at a sixth form college
- Craven College, Skipton: counselling students and staff at a FE/HE college
- ESCAYP (Emotional Support for Children and Young People): counselling young people in schools and community venues across West Yorkshire.
- St Michael’s Talking Spaces, Harrogate: counselling adults.
My previous experience was in business. Prior to changing careers I worked in social housing finance for over 20 years and therefore understand corporate environments and the pressures faced by those working within them.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
Sessions are offered at £45 for 50 minutes.
I have full professional indemnity insurance and an enhanced DBS disclosure.
You may call me, text me or email me. If I am unavailable at the time of your contact I will come back to you for an informal conversation as soon as possible.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Evening and weekend appointments are available.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I am a qualified supervisor with a BACP-endorsed Diploma in Counselling Supervision offering supervision to trainee and qualified counsellors.View supervision profile