Eleanor Bigden Integrative Therapy & Coaching. CBT, ACT & EMDR. BABCP & HCPC reg
50 W'minster Bridge Rd
60 Gray's Inn Road
Hello! I'm Eleanor and I love the work I do!
My approach is based on the most helpful strategies that I've fine-tuned from 20 years' specialist experience, research and training in working with issues related to anxiety and stress; trauma and loss; depression, low mood and SAD; anger and injustice; mood swings and Bipolar; worry and GAD; compulsive habits and OCD; social anxiety and communication challenges; mood swings and Bipolar tendencies; confidence and trust; self criticism and self esteem; authenticity and freedom; motivation, focus and purpose.
Creating a truly safe and supportive space for healing and change with teamwork that's deeply attentive, authentic, encouraging and practical is core to the way I work.
What you'll gain for your life journey
I'll help you learn valuable tools, perspectives and strategies to:
- develop a much more helpful and insightful relationship to thinking patterns that are backfiring on you, such as: of over-analysis, rumination, worry, self criticism and threat-focus
- attend and respond far more effectively to difficult feelings, complex emotions and painful moods - rather than avoiding them... or inflaming them
- take empowering action to make real and lasting differences in your life, in any area you would like to address - whether that's your relationships, wellbeing, career, sexuality, spirituality or sense of belonging
What insights, skills and strengths can you develop?
I can help you:
- handle triggers and stressors with much more resilience and calm
- creatively respond to your personal challenges
- navigate life's hardships with more psychological & practical resourcefulness
I can help you:
- break free from limiting beliefs & habits, and do the things that matter to your heart
- build your confidence, personal strengths and self esteem
- build your sense of meaning, purpose, passion and drive
I can help you:
- enhance the way you relate to yourself and let go of self criticism
- enhance the way you relate to other people - even when insecurity or conflict arises
- enhance your vision, presence and drive in your work & career
What's it like to work with me?
I know from my own personal journey from using addiction to cope with trauma, anxiety and depression, that depth of presence, deep listening to the different layers and specific strategies for each are really key factors in helping true understanding, healing and freedom from old wounds and patterns to occur.
It's my commitment to ensure you have really practical tools to walk away with after every session, AND you also truly experience a wholehearted depth of human to human connection that helps you compassionately release that which no longer serve you.
My aim is to give you the tools, cheerleading, and safety to experiment with insightful and refreshingly helpful ways of thinking and responding to your needs, other people's needs, and your ongoing life path.
Creating maximum value for you
One of my specialisms is combining therapy and coaching together in a way that is designed to help you get the very best value, and positive impact out of both. I will tailor an approach that's highly responsive to your personal history, current life context and where you want to get to. My approach will also progress as you progress - often people start with more of a therapy emphasis and move to more of a coaching emphasis to keep going from strength to strength.
If you have health insurance
I'm registered with Aviva, Cigna, WPA, Vitality, AXA PPP, and Bupa and can quickly register with any others.
Face to face, phone and online appointments afternoons and evenings
- You can work with me face to face in welcoming rooms - great thinking spaces, very accessible from transport links
- You can also work with me via the convenience of phone, Skype, Face-time or Zoom
- If fresh air helps you think clearly, you can experiment with “walk and talk” sessions
Take advantage of a free consultation
You're welcome to take advantage of a free 30 min phone consultation - or simply have a quick chat if you'd prefer. This is an opportunity to find out about how we might make a good team match - it's important for both of us to feel genuinely positive about making a start together! Integrity is key to the way I work, so you won't be pressured to make a commitment, and I"ll give you accurate information, so you can make a choice that's likely to be genuinely suitable for you.
Check out my website www.eleanorbigden.com
Training, qualifications & experience
My Specialist experience
I have built up specialist skills over the past 20 years to best meet the following common needs my clients bring:
- Building confidence, assertiveness, authenticity and self esteem
- Overcoming depression, procrastination and worry
- Handling stress, anger, anxiety and frustration in a healthy way
- Healing the pain of loss and bereavement
- Freedom from addiction or perfectionism
- Transforming body image, or eating and weight issues
- Building good family, work and social communication and relationships
- Greater awareness, self care and peace in relationship with yourself
- Deeper trust, emotional connection and sexual intimacy
- Building strength, resilience and wisdom in the midst of challenges
- Overcoming procrastination and turning goals into reality
- Developing the focus, motivation, resources and skills to maintain success
My aim is for all my clients to be enabled to truly move forward, achieve wellbeing and empowerment - and gain maximum value from every time we meet.
- Bsc (Hons) in Occupational Therapy (1998)
Certificate of Extended Training in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (2002)
Post Graduate (Masters Level) Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, with Distinction (2005)
Diploma in Therapons Belief Therapy for Addictions (2007)
Diploma in Teaching Adults in the Lifelong Learning sector (2009)
Intermediate and Advanced Training in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (2011-2015)
Intermediate and Advanced Training in Compassion Focussed Therapy (2010-17)
Full EMDR Core Training for trauma, PTSD, panic and phobia (2017-18)
I've trained in a wide range of approaches that I can draw on and share their key insights and skills with you, as best fitting with your particular needs. I think it's essential that the breadth and depth of what's possible to accomplish in therapeutic teamwork is not constrained by a therapist's gaps in experience, so I'm a bit of a training junkie! I participate in several training workshops every year, as well as extensive personal development workshops, to continuously broaden, update and deepen my specialist areas.
Alongside the contemporary, scientifically researched models of EMDR and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (both recommended within NICE guidelines and the World Health Organisation), I have trained in other specifically research-developed models, including: Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Behavioural Activation, Compassion Focussed Therapy, Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction, Schema Therapy.
I have also trained in the following coaching and therapy models: Life Coaching, Brief Solution Focussed Therapy, Motivational Enhancement, Interpersonal Psychotherapy, Transactional Analysis, Tantra, Eco-Psychology, Gestalt Psychotherapy, as well as several really useful interpersonal skills training models - from public speaking to assertiveness to conflict resolution.
I also have a geeky passion for studying the art and science of what makes good therapy great therapy, as I know first hand that theres a big difference between making a bit of change, compared to making really smashing progress!
I’m fully accredited with The British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP). The rigorous 5 yearly reaccreditation process with BABCP means that my practice is very well regulated and in line with national standards of clinical excellence.
I am also registered with the EMDR Association of UK and Ireland, Health and Care Professions Council, Association of Contextual and Behavioural Sciences, and as a teacher/trainer with the Society for Education and Training.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Eating disorders
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Compassion-Focused Therapy
Photos & videos
- My commitment is to offer a cost effective investment towards your wellbeing and development
- I will help you make immediate changes
- I work in a way that is specifically designed to increase your life long skills, confidence and resilience
- Research shows that the skills gained via CBT are highly transferrable from one situation to another
- An obvious outcome of this is greater success in all areas of your life
My fees are:
£125 per 50 minute therapy, coaching or mentoring consultation
£250 per 100 minute session, which is like a super-charged double-dose!
My fee is set to realistically enable me to make a much higher investment straight back into ensuring that you are offered not just good quality therapy, but the very best that I can bring. This is through the many activities I participate in to ensure continuous training, supervision, mentoring, study and professional development.
For every hour of session time I have with you, I will take another for "behind the scenes work", including session planning, follow up and research that is specifically focussed on you.
Flexibility to fit your schedule
My aim is to make sure that therapy and coaching fits well in the context of your life. This is exactly what it’s designed to do! You can choose to either work with me at the same time each week or to shift times, locations and even move between face to face, phone and skype sessions, to suit your schedule.
Where you have booked a face to face but something unexpected crops up, you can make an “up to the last minute switch” to have the session on line or on the phone, so you can maximise your opportunity to keep moving forward even when it's hectic!
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
weekday afternoons and evenings
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
Effective, authentic and enjoyable supervision .