Eleanor Bigden | CBT specialist | Holistic Therapy | Coaching for Success
60 Gray's Inn Road
50 Westminster Bridge Rd
07507 376 875
Hello! I'm Eleanor and I love the work I do!
My approach is based on the most helpful strategies that I've fine-tuned from 20 years' specialist experience, research and training.
I like creating teamwork that's inspiring, encouraging and practical - with a really healthy dose of humour - so my clients leave each session feeling unstuck and freed up, much lighter and more energised, and at peace in themselves.
What's it like to work with me?
My clients typically tell me how powerful and freeing it is to truly let go of many unhelpful beliefs "shoulds", patterns and reactions, and adopt way more helpful, constructive and motivating psychological and interpersonal skills in to a whole range of life situations.
My clients also tell me how surprised they are to find our teamwork to be so enjoyable and even fun! I can guarantee that therapy won't be dull, or unnecessarily heavy. Who says healing can't be enjoyable along the way? Don't we find freedom more quickly where we can be authentic about a full range of emotions: being able to express anger, frustration, fear and grief, as well as love, kindness, compassion, grace...and the relief of laughter in the midst of it all?
Creating practical strategies AND an authentic relationship together
I know from my own personal journey from using addiction to cope with anxiety and depression, that depth of presence and deep listening to the different layers are really key factors in helping true understanding and healing to occur. It's my commitment to ensure you have really practical tools to walk away with after every session, AND you also truly experience a depth of human to human connection that nourishes you, and helps you kindly and compassionately release patterns that no longer serve you.
My style is to be encouraging, practical and authentic: being human is tricky for all of us. I have a lot of knowledge, experience and dedication to helping people as much as possible, but I don't claim superiority or hide behind a professional mask! We are in the boat of life's inevitable storms together, and I trust you will find this much more genuine and supportive. I’m delighted that people find this style of teamwork to be really liberating and wholehearted.
Creating maximum value for you
I will tailor an approach that's focussed to your specific aims and current life context. I have not yet met anyone who hasn't clearly benefitted! My specialist focus is CBT because it is the number one research based recommended treatment for anxiety, stress, depression and trauma related issues. It is the number one talking therapy of choice in NHS and health insurance services, because it has grown out of more than 60 years of rigorous, wide scale, international research into what makes for effective therapeutic progress for any kind of difficulty. At the same time, I draw on a range of other therapeutic, skills training and coaching models that are likely to be particularly valuable for your particular needs.
What you will gain for your life journey
I'll help you learn valuable tools, perspectives and strategies to:
- develop more helpful thinking styles
- manage difficult feelings
- take empowering action to make real differences in your life, across any area you would like to address
What insights, skills and strengths can you develop?
I can help you:
- creatively respond to your personal challenges
- handle triggers and stressors with more resilience
- navigate challenges with more resourcefulness
- build your confidence, strengths and self esteem
- build your sense of meaning, purpose, passion and drive
- break free from old habits and do the things that matter to your heart
- enhance the way you relate to yourself
- enhance the way you relate to other people - even when conflict arises!
- enhance your focus, presence and awareness
Face to face, phone and skype appointments
- You can work with me face to face in welcoming, easily accessible rooms - great thinking spaces!
- You can also work with me via the convenience of phone or Skype.
- If fresh air helps you think clearly, you can opt for “walk and talk” sessions.
Take advantage of a free consultation
You're welcome to take advantage of a free 30 min phone consultation - or simply have a quick chat if you'd prefer. This is an opportunity to find out about how we might make a good team match - it's important for both of us to feel genuinely positive about making a start together! Integrity is key to the way I work, so you won't be pressured to make a commitment, and I"ll give you accurate information, so you can make a choice that's likely to be genuinely suitable for you.
Check out my website www.eleanorbigden.com
This is a really comprehensive resource so it's likely to cover any questions you might have.
Training, qualifications & experience
My Specialist experience
I have built up specialist skills over the past 20 years to best meet the following common needs my clients bring:
- Building confidence, assertiveness, authenticity and self esteem
- Overcoming depression, procrastination and worry
- Handling stress, anger, anxiety and frustration in a healthy way
- Healing the pain of loss and bereavement
- Freedom from addiction and perfectionism
- Transforming body image, eating and weight issues
- Building good family, work and social communication and relationships
- Greater awareness, self care and peace in relationship with yourself
- Deeper trust, emotional connection and sexual intimacy
- Building strength, resilience and wisdom in the midst of challenges
- Overcoming procrastination and turning goals into reality
- Developing the focus, motivation, resources and skills to maintain success
Alongside contemporary, scientifically researched CBT models such as Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Behavioural Activation, Compassion Focussed Therapy and Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction, I integrate other specific approaches that are likely to be the most helpful for each clients' unique needs and goals.
My aim is for all my clients to be enabled to truly move forward, achieve wellbeing and empowerment - and gain maximum value from every time we meet.
I draw on several really useful interpersonal skills training models - from public speaking to assertiveness to conflict resolution, as well as Brief Solution Focussed Therapy, Life Coaching, Motivational Enhancement, Interpersonal Therapy Transpersonal and Eco-Therapy, Psychosexual Therapy and Tantra.
Professional accreditation and membership
I’m fully accredited with The British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP). The rigorous 5 yearly reaccreditation process with BABCP means that my practice is very well regulated and in line with national standards of clinical excellence.
I am also registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC), Association of Contextual and Behavioural Sciences (ACBS) and teacher/trainer with the Society for Education and Training (SET).
Specialist CBT service provider with insurance companies
I'm registered as an approved CBT specialist service provider for Aviva, Cigna, WPA, AXA PPP, and Bupa.
- Bsc (Hons) in Occupational Therapy (1998)
- Certificate of Extended Training in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (2002)
- Post Graduate (Masters Level) Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, with Distinction (2005)
- Diploma in Therapons Belief Therapy for Addictions (2007)
- Diploma in Teaching Adults in the Lifelong Learning sector (2009)
- Intermediate and Advanced Training in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (2011-2015)
- Intermediate and Advanced Training in Compassion Focussed Therapy (2010-17)
This is just a small sample!I think it's essential that the breadth and depth of what's possible to accomplish in therapeutic teamwork is not constrained by a therapist's gaps in experience, so I'm a bit of a training junkie! I participate in several training workshops every year, as well as extensive personal development workshops, to continuously broaden, update and deepen my specialist areas.
I also have a geeky passion for studying the art and science of what makes good therapy great therapy, as I know first hand that theres a big difference between making a bit of change, compared to making really smashing progress!
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
Photos & videos
- My commitment is to offer a cost effective investment towards your wellbeing and development.
- I will help you make immediate changes
- I work in a way that is specifically designed to increase your life long skills, confidence and resilience.
- Research shows that the skills gained via CBT are highly transferrable from one situation to another.
- An obvious outcome of this is greater success in all areas of your life.
My fees are £120 per standard length therapy, coaching or mentoring consultation and £200 for a double session, which offers the overall best value for money, not just because of the discount on fees, but because it's like a super-charged double-dose! It means we can cover much more ground in one meeting and make the very most of your ring-fenced time, to help you move forwards more swiftly and develop a holistic toolkit, sometimes in as little as one or two double sessions, so your overall time, energy and financial investment is likely to be much more efficient overall, where its possible for you to schedule in for an accelerated boost of double sessions.
Please note : I don't offer reductions, as my fee is set to realistically enable me to make a much higher investment straight back into ensuring my clients are offered not just good quality therapy, but the very best that I can bring - through the many weekly activities I participate in to ensure continuous research, study and professional development. I also like to support some fantastic charities too, to widen the circle of what we can positively accomplish together.
Flexibility to fit your schedule
My aim is to make sure that therapy and coaching fits well in the context of your life. This is exactly what it’s designed to do! You can choose to either work with me at the same time each week or to shift times, locations and even move between face to face, phone and skype sessions, to suit your schedule. Where you have booked a face to face but something unexpected crops up, you can make an “up to the last minute switch” to have the session on the phone, so you can maximise your opportunity to keep moving forward even when it's hectic!
Moving forwards swiftly
If you'd like to get started right away, just email me or leave a voice message to outline what you're looking for and your preferences for face to face, phone or skype timings. Feel free to get in touch with any questions that'll help you make a decision that's right for you.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
weekday afternoons and evenings
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
Effective, authentic and enjoyable supervision .