Debra Grace Jarmain PgDip Registered MBACP
Old Town Area
Stevenage Hitchin Knebworth
MBACP - A member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapist
INDIVIDUALS, COUPLES IN CRISIS, FAMILY THERAPY, ANXIETY, TRAUMA RECOVERY, GENDER DISCUSSIONS,STRESS, BEREAVEMENT, ISOLATION, CHILD RELATED ISSUES/TRAUMA, INTIMACY & SEPARATION CONCERNS, ADDICTIONS, PARENTAL NEGLECT/ABSENCE, ABUSE, BETRAYAL. MEN AND MENTAL HEALTH, WOMEN AND MENTAL HEALTH
One 2 One, Telephone & Skype(Meeting required before commencement) FaceTime
We all need a non judgemental support system at times so we feel accepted. When dealing with relationship issues, betrayal, affairs, anxiety, sexual issues or abuse. Have you suffered a shock or trauma?
Are you working through sexual identity issues and need someone to talk to?
With over 15 years experience of supplying support for people who are hurt, in pain, sad, depressed, anxious, suffering anxiety disorders, bipolar disorders, panic attacks,dealing with loss, grief, separation, ptsd and individuals who suffer physical pain as well as emotional pain- with a background in supporting individuals with emotional trauma, divorce, addiction, stress related difficulties, gender issues, spirituality support, sexual harrassment, Mental health concerns.
Experience with Military and Paramedic personnel.
Support for those who feel they are alone.
10 years experience of counselling to students in training and facilitating training groups in process.Course Supervision and peer supervision.
For those wishing to enter twice a week therapy for working through trauma issues please contact me to discuss.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Completed a Postgraduate Diploma /Ma programme in Therapeutic Counselling training at the University of Hertfordshire in 2006
- 10 years experience of Tutoring and Lecturing on Diploma Courses - Psychodynamic and/or Integrative
- Current training in Mindfulness for mindfulness based practice - Internship
- Qualified as a Counsellor in dual module training in Psychodynamic and Humanistic Counselling.
- Course Director for Sirvana Banks Training developing Diploma and Foundation Courses in Counsellor training and CPD - specific workshops.
- Trained in Telephone Counselling
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Counselling, Therapy, Meditation Guidance, faith based living, become the authentic you.
Suffering of any kind can heal in a supportive environment.
Pain, both physical and emotional, sadness, depressed, anxious, suffering anxiety disorders, bipolar disorders, grief, low self esteem, panic attacks, separation anxiety, and healing from unhealthy relationships- with a background in supporting individuals with emotional trauma, divorce, addiction, stress related difficulties, gender issues, spirituality support and general questioning of life issues at transitional times in life.
Supporting those who feel lonely and isolated. Support for those who wish to explore how to Truy express themselves, how to accept true love from heart based intelligence, awaken the union of true relationship within your connections.
Individual, couples and families.
£30- 60 Individual -
£75 - 90 Couples
£ Upon request Families
Per session depending on salary 9am - 5pm
£Additional charge after 6pm and weekends
Discounts offered for lower incomes and student in training
- Long Term
- Short Term - Brief Counselling
- Solutions Focused/coaching
- Telephone Counselling
- Awaken Heart based relationships for deeper connections.
I have undertaken psychodynamic training and additionally humanistic.
I have also interned with a teacher/ trainer on the principles of mindfulness.
I have a working understanding of CBT although not formerly trained.
I attend personal and spiritual development training and practices weekly to maintain my
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
9am - 8pm Mon - Fri 9 - 1pm Sat Please contact me regarding extended hours practice.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|