Debra Grace Jarmain PgDip Registered MBACP
MBACP - A member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists
Need someone to talk to in confidence, just call. Safe comfortable private therapy room provided.
With over 15 years experience of supplying support for people who are hurt, in pain, sad, depressed, anxious, suffering anxiety disorders, bipolar disorders, panic attacks,dealing with loss, grief, separation, ptsd and individuals who suffer physical pain as well as emotional pain- with a background in supporting individuals with emotional trauma, divorce, addiction, stress related difficulties, gender issues, spirituality support and all Mental health concerns.
Experience with Military and Paramedic personnel.
Support for those who feel they are alone.
Over 10 years experience of counselling to students in training and facilitating training groups in process.Course Supervision and peer supervision.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Completed a Postgraduate Diploma /Ma programme in Therapeutic Counselling training at the University of Hertfordshire in 2006
- 10 years experience of Tutoring and Lecturing on Diploma Courses - Psychodynamic and/or Integrative
- Current training in Mindfulness for mindfulness based practice - Internship
- Qualified as a Counsellor in dual module training in Psychodynamic and Humanistic Counselling.
- Course Director for Sirvana Banks Training developing Diploma and Foundation Courses in Counsellor training and CPD - specific workshops.
- Trained in Telephone Counselling
- Transgender Issues
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Suffering of any kind can heal in a supportive environment.
Pain, both physical and emotional, sadness, depression, anxious, anxiety disorders, bipolar disorders, grief, low self esteem, panic attacks, separation anxiety, and healing from unhealthy relationships.
My background in supporting individuals with emotional trauma, divorce, addiction, stress related difficulties, gender issues, spiritual support and general questioning of life issues at transitional times in life.
Supporting those who feel lonely and isolated.
Individual, couples and families.
Please enquire for fees.
- Long Term
- Short Term - Brief Counselling
- Solutions Focused/coaching
- Telephone Counselling
- IMMEDIATE AVAILABILITY BY SKYPE EVERY MONDAY
- One day relationship courses available for those wishing to explore their intimate connections who may find it hard to find time for weekly counselling or those who wish to dedicate time for understanding any ‘stuck’ issues that are coming between them and loved ones.
I have undertaken psychodynamic training and humanistic training
I have also interned with a Leading Mindfulness Teacher on the principles and practice of mindfulness.
I have a working understanding of CBT although not formerly trained.
I attend personal development training and practices weekly to maintain my professional standard.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mon -Friday and Sat am
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|