Daniel Dennehy BA, Dip Grad, AdvDip, MBACP
33 Furnival Street
92-94 Tooley Street
For the past 15 years I have worked in the NHS and within the charity sector.
I have a lot of experience working with people struggling with issues such as depression, sadness, grief and anxiety. I have also worked extensively with people struggling with their use of alcohol and drugs.
As an integrative therapist I utilise a number of psychotherapy models which emphasize different dimensions of the human experience.
My practice is informed by theories of attachment, neuro-science, CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy), psycho –dynamic and humanistic therapies.
These models work collaboratively to assist in understanding how our bodies work, the way in which our thoughts and behaviours impact our experiences, the influence of events from our past and the role of relationships in our lives.
The reasons for seeking counselling are sometimes clear, such as a relationship breakdown, problems at work or life circumstances that are distressing.
At other times the reason can be less transparent. Perhaps you feel stuck, dissatisfied with your life, unable to understand what it is you want or how to achieve it?
Can Counselling Help?
Counselling provides a space for you to explore your experiences and feelings in a respectful and confidential space. The focus of the conversation is to understand your experience and provide support to explore the ways in which you can introduce change into your life.
Training, qualifications & experience
Training and Qualifications
- Advanced Diploma in Humanistic Integrative Counselling, CPPD Counselling School, London
- Diploma in Humanistic Integrative Counselling, CPPD Counselling School, London
- Certificate in Counselling Skills – Mary Ward Centre
- BA – Anthropology, University of Otago, New Zealand
- DipGrad – Community and Family Studies, Otago University, New Zealand
- BACP – Registered member
Professional Development Training Courses
- Time-limited Counselling
- CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy)
- Health and Social Care
- Management and Care for Individuals with Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Psychiatry, Psychodynamics and Psychopathology
- Introductory training courses in Cognitive Analytic and Systemic Therapies
As a qualified therapist and registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) I adhere to their ethical guidelines and standards.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder
- Carer support
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Sexual Health Counselling:
Chems/drugs/alcohol and sex
LGBT affirmative counselling
Photos & videos
- 08:00 - 16:00 £55
- 17:00 - 20:00 £65
- Sat (10:00-14:00) £65
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Wed 12:00 hrs - 20:00 hrs, Sat 11:00 hrs- 14:00 hrs
Types of client