Caroline Foster MBACP Acc MNCS Acc CSAccred Psychotherapy & Supervision
IMPORTANT NOTICE: TELEPHONE ENQUIRIES: Please be sure to leave a telephone number to return your call to as sometimes the call is not automatically logged. If you have called me and not had a reply within 24hrs please call again it is likely I am unable to reach you for reasons beyond my control. With thanks.
Welcome to my page where I hope you will find at least some questions answered, but if, after reading my profile you have further questions, please telephone me on 07790478311 for a free of charge and free of obligation discussion, or contact me by email through this site.
I am an experienced BACP and NCS Accredited Practitioner in Psychotherapy and Accredited Clinical Supervision (Advanced), and Hypnotherapy. Clients have found peace, hope, confidence, assertiveness and a brighter future through working with me. At the heart of my therapy is the relationship between you, as an emerging identity, and myself as the therapist
Therapy can bring some difficult subjects to the surface, and it is this exploration which enables you to make sense of your experiences, to find value in them, and to bring a true alignment with your sense of self.
Included in my clients I welcome undiagnosed, misdiagnosed or diagnostically borderline Autistic/Aspergers Spectrum (A.S.) individuals, including clients who may have compulsions previously diagnosed as addictions, and those where Borderline Personality Disorder has been suggested.
What do I offer?
- Fees from £25 (Scroll down for further details)
- Ongoing Therapy for experiences that require time to reach resolution
- Single Session Therapy for focused resolution of a suitable specific issue
- Assessment of diet and possible enhancements to gut health to relieve feelings of anxiety and depression
- Progressive and deep relaxations
- Hypnotherapy for confidence and self worth
- Enhanced DBS Check
- BUPA recognition
- Privacy and discretion (Independent of employment and NHS records.)
- Individually Assessed/bespoke therapy for all including high profile clients
- A peaceful, relaxed and comfortable consulting room, with gentle lighting.
- Professional Accreditation and Registration.
- Face to Face, FaceTime and Telephone Consultations. Home visits by arrangement.
- Consultations can include visual and material aids to coach and challenge existing perceptions to relieve distress and enable understanding and growth.
- Daily appointments 7.30am-7.30pm.
- Discretionary fee for those in financial hardship (limited places).
- I can also give assistance in filing Powers of Attorney.
As a qualified hypnotherapist too, my clients can benefit from empowerment, relaxation and pain management as a stand-alone treatment, or as part of an ongoing therapeutic process.
If you would like to find out more, discuss your hopes and find out how best I can help you, please call me direct on 07790478311 Or email me through this site. You can also find more information and video footage on my facebook page.
What kind of therapy do I offer?
I am an Integrative Psychotherapist, working with my clients to actively and empathically understand the issues affecting them, including their existing environment and its impact, and help them to find their confidence and freedom. Integrative therapy allows for unparalleled flexibility in approach. It offers the opportunity for communication between myself and you to be opened up in a way that can help you to gain understanding and acceptance as you move into a brighter future, at a pace that is appropriate to you. Integrative therapy is wholly adaptable and can be reactive as well as proactive in the work you feel you need to do at any given consultation.
So, what is an Integrative model?
It is a type of training that allows a therapist to tailor the therapy more specifically to the client's needs. The counsellor is trained in a number of theoretical areas, such as transactional analysis (TA), cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), Gestalt, Person Centred Counselling. Creativity can be applied in this therapeutic model and that allows for your creative expression to emerge too and to align with your regained sense of self, personal expression, and autonomy.
Integrative Psychotherapy means that different theories learned in training can be used independently or collectively, dependent upon your needs. If at the start, you have no desire to explore your childhood, then that is okay. If you then subsequently change your mind, that is okay too, and it can happen in a way which specifically meets your needs.
At the heart of my therapy is the relationship between myself as the therapist, and you, my client. Therapy can bring some difficult subjects to the surface, but this exploration is part of your ability to make sense of your experiences, to come to terms with them and to understand them so that you can find comfort and value in your future.
Whichever therapeutic model is best suited to you, you will need to feel you can take the journey side by side with your therapist and feel that in the hardest of times they will know how best to help you make sense of it all.
As an integrative therapist I have the ability to apply the most effective approaches with your solution being my focus, supporting your unique requirements for transformation, acceptance, or simply understanding, and tailoring your sessions specifically to your needs as you progress.
Discretion, comfort, and value of the experience for you, my client, are key to providing a high level of professional private tailored care.
There are regular buses to Little Eaton with stops within a three-minute walk
FREE Street lit Roadside parking is readily available directly outside.
There are two shallow steps through from the roadside and a shallow threshold steps into the building.
There is currently no private waiting area, so I would ask please that you arrive promptly to your appointment in order to maintain the privacy of all clients.
Therapeutic tools such as mindfulness books and beads, also Aromatherapy oils and diffusers.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Registered Accredited member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy.)
- Accredited Professional Member of The National Counselling Society.
- Advanced Professional Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (Distinction with Honours) course accredited by the Royal College of Nursing.
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy (Distinction) course accredited by the Royal College of Nursing.
- Accredited Clinical Supervisor CS(Accred)AAC (British Psychological Society Approved)
- Certificate in Clinical Supervision
- Experienced in Private Consultancy of which 4 years experience of Counselling at Derby Women's Centre.
- Experienced in a wide range of Adult counselling areas.
- Certificate in Gut Health from the College of Naturopathic Medicine
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- General Support through medical referral period.
- Menopause and life changes.
- Men in facing rejection or exploitation in marriage or long term relationships. Divorce and Fathers separated from their children.
- Living with cultural difference. Whether you are welcoming friends and family from different cultural backgrounds; first, second or third generation migrant; seeking refuge in Great Britain.
- Gut Health: Gut:Brain Connection
Photos & videos
£1 per £1000 annual income with a minimum concessionary charge of £25.00 for those in hardship and private fees starting at £30 to a maximum of £60 per consultation dependent on income.
You earn up to £30,000 you pay £30.00 per consultation. You earn £36000 per annum: Your consultation fee £36.00
Single Session Problem Solver - Think Bright Future - charged on a sliding scale £2/£1000 of income Minimum £45
I have introduced a half-day personalised "Understanding the Impact of Experiences and how to give them Value" - Half day 0930hrs - 1300hrs Saturday: £100 per person £150 per couple.
Understanding the Impact of Experiences and how to give them Value - suitable for new parents, individuals, couples
*Discounts are available for individual consultations booked and paid for in blocks of 4 where the single consultation fee would be £55 or over
Hypnotherapy/Deep Relaxation: £50
Individual Supervision - Flexible to meet the needs of the Supervisee
Indicative fee scale:
1.5hrs in a single consultation £60
2 hrs per month over two consultations £80.00
Home visits incur an additional charge for travel.
Bespoke Consultation Arrangements - please enquire as to pricing for your requirements.
Powers of Attorney £95 - assistance with completing and filing and certifying registered copies. If you have been known to me for 2 years or more I can act as your Certificate Provider.
Hardship fees discussed at assessment.
Why do I charge this way?
Making Psychotherapeutic Services accessible and helping my clients reach their desired outcome, whether their needs are long term or short term, is key to what I do and if I can do that by offering a charging scale which is appropriate to the individual's income then I hope you will feel that I am achieving that. Change takes time and time is money - far better you can afford to complete your course of therapy.
We request payment be made in cash at your appointment. FaceTime appointments will be invoiced in advance and the direct transfer will be requested in advance of your appointment. Card payments can be made via PayPal (a 5% charge will be made for this service).
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday to Friday 7.30am to 8.30pm. Weekends by arrangement.
Types of client
Supervision & training
Identifying your natural ability and strengthening your practice.