Audrey Cooper (BSc, MBACP)
Not sure who to turn to?
Welcome to my page. Please take some time to read about me and if you feel that you would like to work with me, please feel free to get in touch!
Counselling can be useful in times of crisis, times of change or when feeling stuck in life. Simply speaking confidentially to someone who is trained to listen with care, and without judgement, can help you to feel better. However, counselling can offer far more than this: when issues are explored inside the therapy room, change can begin to occur outside in your life.
I am happy to work short term (6 sessions) or longer term which can be a year or more - or anywhere in between according to your needs. I have a collaborative approach and openly discuss what type of therapy you feel may suit you best at any given time.
I recognise that going to a counsellor at any time in your life can feel daunting. Often the initial reaching out is the hardest step to take. However, my clients frequently wonder why they waited for so long before having some counselling as it offers such valuable space to offload and gain perspective.
I am a calm, gentle and empathic person, and offer you respect and integrity in my work. My clients tell me that I am easy to talk to. I aim to be transparent in my way of working and to facilitate a greater understanding about mental health. This can enable you to feel more empowered and support a more vibrant experience of life.
My training and interest can also support you to:
- gain clarity with the issues you face
- gain new perspectives and understanding of your situation
- identify limiting thoughts and patterns that may be holding you back in life
- ease the difficulties faced and create change in your life
- become more aware of feelings and emotions and how to manage them
- explore how your past is impacting your present
I work with a wide range of life issues, such as:
- stress and anxiety
- depression and feelings of sadness
- relationship issues
- work / career related stress
- issues of shame and blame
- family issues
- low self-esteem
- poor body image
- lack of confidence
- plus much more
I am trained in:
- person centred therapy
- mindfulness-based psychotherapy
- Sand Tray therapy - a method to bring more awareness to life issues
- Walk and Talk therapy - taking clients into the great outdoors (after assessment for suitability)
- Food and mood - I can offer support with dietary changes to support mental health and wellbeing
Training, qualifications & experience
Initial Training: (Heartwood Training, Dartington)
- Level 2 Certificate (CPCAB) in Counselling Skills (2011)
- Level 3 Certificate (CPCAB) in Counselling Studies (2011)
- Level 4 Diploma (CPCAB) in Therapeutic Counselling (2013)
- Person Centred Therapy, Creative Techniques, CBT
Advanced Training: (Lotus Training, Plymouth)
- Level 5 Diploma (CPCAB) in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (2018/19)
- Mindfulness in Therapy, Attachment, Working at depth
Recent Professional Development Courses Undertaken:
- Sand Tray Therapy Certificate (2018)
- Walk and Talk Therapy Certificate (2018)
- Mindfulness (2018)
- Functional Food Coaching for Mental Health (2018)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Relationship problems
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Photos & videos
Sessions are £40 per hour.
Initial consultation £25 for one hour
Please contact me for more information and availability. I often find it useful to have a short telephone conversation do discuss what you are looking for before meeting in person.
I am a qualified adult education teacher with experience teaching counselling skills and personal development.
I am able to offer group work and classes in personal development / psychoeducation. Please contact me for further info.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Totnes: at the Nautilus rooms with 2 hrs free parking nearby. Ashburton: cosy bright room with level access - 2 minutes from the A38 - with free parking. Only 20 minutes from Exeter and Plymouth!
Current availability: Wednesdays, Thursdays, daytime appointments. Some after work / evening appointments available.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|