*** Dartington on Mondays and Thursdays - please check for availability
*** Zoom on Tuesdays and Wednesdays - please check for availability
Hello and welcome to my page! Please take some time to read about me and if you feel that you would like to work with me, please feel free to get in touch! I offer a free phone conversation of up to 30 minutes. Just send me an email, phone call or text!
I am a professional and experienced counsellor and hold an advanced Level 5 diploma in psychotherapeutic counselling. I have been in practice since 2013. In the summer of 2021 I trained as a breathwork coach so I'm also offering one to one and small group breathwork sessions. In these sessions you will learn about the breath how it can support you in everyday life.
My psychotherapeutic training and interest can support you to:
- gain clarity with the issues you face
- gain new perspectives and understanding of your situation to help you move forward
- identify and change limiting thoughts and patterns that may be holding you back in life
- feel more empowered
- gain a greater sense of compassion towards yourself
- feel more knowledgeable about the link between body, mind and emotions
become more aware of feelings and emotions and how to manage them
explore how your past is impacting your present
- understand how your fight/flight/freeze responses impact your emotions (based on Dr Stephen Porges Polyvagal Theory work on the importance of the vagus nerve)
- learn more about your psychological processes to empower you to make change
- gain awareness of how to hold boundaries so you can more truly express who you are
- use breath work to calm, balance and energise
I work with a wide range of life issues, such as:
- managing anxiety, stress and panic attacks
- depression and feelings of sadness
- relationship issues
- work / career related stress
- issues of shame and blame
- family issues
- low self-esteem
- poor body image
- lack of confidence
- autonomic nervous system understanding
- plus much more
I work on a short term (6 sessions) or longer term which can be a year or more - or anywhere in between according to your needs. I have a collaborative approach and openly discuss what type of therapy you feel may suit you best at any given time.
Going to a counsellor at any time in life can feel daunting. Often the initial reaching out is the hardest step to take. Clients frequently wonder why they waited for so long before having some counselling as it offers such valuable space to offload, gain new perspectives and start to bring change to your life.
I am trained in:
- person centred therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- mindfulness-based psychotherapy
- Breath Work
- Sand Tray therapy - a method to bring more awareness to life issues
- Walk and Talk therapy - taking clients into the great outdoors (after assessment for suitability)
- Food and mood - I can offer support with dietary changes to support mental health and wellbeing
- Rhythm of Regulation (Deb Dana - Polyvagal theory in Therapy) (fight, flight and freeze responses to threat) see for more info
Training, qualifications & experience
Advanced Training: (Lotus Training, Plymouth)
Level 5 Diploma (CPCAB) in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (2019) Mindfulness in Therapy, Attachment, Working at depth
Initial Training: (Heartwood Training, Dartington)
- Level 2 Certificate (CPCAB) in Counselling Skills (2011)
- Level 3 Certificate (CPCAB) in Counselling Studies (2011)
- Level 4 Diploma (CPCAB) in Therapeutic Counselling (2013)
- Person Centred Therapy, Creative Techniques, CBT
Recent Professional Development Courses Undertaken:
- Sand Tray Therapy Certificate (2018)
- Walk and Talk Therapy Certificate (2018)
- Mindfulness (2018)
- Functional Food Coaching for Mental Health (2018)
- Single Session Therapy (2019)
- Rhythm of Regulation with Deb Dana (2019)
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
£50.00 per session
Sessions are £50 for a 1 hour session.
Please contact me for more information and availability.
Free 20-30 minute telephone conversation to discuss what you are looking for before starting working together.
Zoom and Telephone sessions on Tuesdays and Wednesdays
At last.... face to face sessions available again!!!!
In Dartington on Mondays and Thursdays.!
I am a qualified adult education teacher with experience teaching counselling skills and personal development.
I am able to offer group work and classes in personal development / psychoeducation. Please contact me for further info.