Annette Cooper , MBACP, Pg Dip Counselling & Psychotherapy, RGN
Studio 157 12 Seedhill Road
Abbey Mill Business Centre
0141 5815868 / 07964 975351
I am wondering if you are finding life difficult at the moment. Sometimes life can be really tough and it feels like an uphill struggle just to get through the day.
It may well be that you are experiencing Stress, Anxiety, Panic Attacks or Depression at the moment
and are unsure of how to cope with all of this.In some cases this may be work related and I have a lot of experience in working with folk through Employment Assistance Programmes.
Often family and relationship issues can cause a lot of our distress and suffering. I offer short term focused work where you might like to explore one particular issue that you feel is needing some attention. I also offer a space for longer term worked if required where perhaps you are in a life transition or feel that you have lost a sense of yourself or a sense of meaning and direction.
I would be delighted to hear from you and have a chat with you on the phone or via e-mail to answer any
questions that you may have prior to booking a session.
I work in a non pathologising way with gender, sexual and relationship diversity.
As a member of BACP, I am bound by its Code of Ethics and Practice and subject to its complaints
procedure. I am also a member of PCT Scotland ( Person-Centred Therapy) and the above link to
the website gives some information of the Person-Centred approach.
I have a room in paisley which has disabled access.
These rooms are within easy reach of Glasgow, Linwood, Johnstone, Elderslie, Houston, Renfrew, Erskine, Langbank, Greenock, inverclyde and Beith
Training, qualifications & experience
I have worked in a number of counselling organisations.
In Employment Assistance Work I have dealt with people suffering from stress, depression, bullying,
relationship issues, bereavement, self harm, anxiety,panic attacks, low self esteem, social anxiety etc.
I have also integrated my counselling and nursing experience of dealing with people who have health related issues such as Chronic illness.
I have also worked with people affected by Cancer and volunteer with Cancer Support Scotland in one of their outreach Libraries where I saw people affected directly by cancer. I also see carers or family members affected. I totally understand the sense that you may have of not "feeling safe" since your cancer diagnosis. Always at the back of your mind is the worry that you will get cancer again. I would be interested to help you find an anchor and help calm down your stress response to these events.
I have worked in a number of other agencies and gained experience as a Parent Counsellor at Govan Help. This involved supporting a parent or carer of children who attend one of the schools in the Govan area. I have also worked at the Wynd Centre in Paisley and Mind Mosaic in Inverclyde.
Training, Qualifications and Experience
- Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy - (Stirling University)
- Certificate in Counselling Skills - (Glasgow University)
- ACT - Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (online training)
- I have completed 12 days training with Babette Rothschild in Somatic Trauma Therapy Training.
- Mindfulness and Compassion training with the mindfulness association.
- I have recently completed the 5 day CBT TOOLKIT training.
- Level 4 certificate in Counselling skills with children.
- Working with partners of trans identified people.
- Critical incident stress debriefing.
- Facilitation training with PCT Scotland
- Working with Adult Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse.
Previous Training, Qualifications and experience
- Post Graduate Diploma in Critical Care Nursing and Specialist Practitioner Qualification . (Glasgow University).
- Non Medical Prescriber
- Advanced Clinical Examination Skills Training.
- Advanced Life Support Instructor (Western Infirmary, Glasgow)
- JBCNS - Cardio-Thoracic Nursing ( Brompton Hospital, London)
- Registered Nurse
- Clinical Educator
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Attachment disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bullying
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
Other areas of counselling I deal with
A sense of Isolation and alienation from others.
Session are one hour and I generally see clients weekly. However appointments can be more or less frequent than this and shift patterns can also be worked around.
Personal change takes its own time so it's difficult to estimate how many sessions an individual will need. Some clients feel ready to end in fewer than six sessions, but the decision to end is always the clients.
Fees £40 per hour.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday - Wednesday - Day and evening only at present
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|