Annette Cooper , MBACP, Pg Dip Counselling & Psychotherapy, RGN
If you are looking for a counsellor then I might possible fit the bill!! I have a lot of experience with helping people with Stress, Anxiety ( Generalised Anxiety Disorder - GAD ), Panic Attacks, Depression, Childhood Sexual Abuse and many other issues.
I am particularly interested too in Social Anxiety and how this manifests in our lives and ways in which to work with this.
If you would like to contact me then you can phone ( although I might be busy - so leave a message) text or email. If there is an issue that you have and you are unsure if I can help then again let me know and if I cant help then I may be able give you the contact details of someone who may be able to help.
I work in a non Pathologising way with Gender, Sexual and Relationship Diversity.
I am currently continuing my studies at Strathclyde University and currently working on Level 3 Emotion Focused Therapy. This is included in the Scottish NHS matrix as treatment for Moderate to Severe anxiety.
As a member of BACP, I am bound by its Code of Ethics and Practice and subject to its complaints procedure. I am also a member of PCT Scotland ( Person-Centred Therapy) and the above link to the website gives some information of the Person-Centred approach.
Training, qualifications & experience
Currently I have my own private practice and also work in an Employment Assistance Programme. I have dealt with people suffering from Stress, Depression, Bullying, Relationship Issues, Bereavement, Self Harm, Anxiety, Generalised Anxiety Disorder,Panic Attacks, Low Self Esteem, Social Anxiety, Feeling Sad etc. I am also trained in Critical incident stress debriefing and can attend incidents which have occurred in the workplace.
I have also integrated my counselling and nursing experience of dealing with people who have health related issues such as Chronic illness and also those people affected by Cancer.
I am an Oldpain2go Practitioner and would welcome clients who have pain related issues such as Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatique Syndrome, M.E, arthritis etc. I do not work with clients who have recent pain eg in the last 6 months. Also I require that the client has been to their GP and has had a diagnosis from their GP.
For further information on this modality please go to the Oldpain2go website.
Training, Qualifications and Experience
- Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy - (Stirling University)
- Certificate in Counselling Skills - (Glasgow University)
- ACT - Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (online training)
- I have trained with Babette Rothschild in Somatic Trauma Therapy Training.
- Mindfulness and Compassion training with the mindfulness association.
- CBT Toolkit training.
- Level 4 certificate in Counselling skills with children.
- Working with partners of trans identified people.
- Critical incident stress debriefing.
- Facilitation training with PCT Scotland
- Working with Adult Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse.
- Oldpain2go Practitioner.
- Level one and two EFT - Strathclyde University.
Previous Training, Qualifications and experience
- Post Graduate Diploma in Critical Care Nursing and Specialist Practitioner Qualification . (Glasgow University).
- Non Medical Prescriber
- Advanced Clinical Examination Skills Training.
- Advanced Life Support Instructor (Western Infirmary, Glasgow)
- JBCNS - Cardio-Thoracic Nursing ( Brompton Hospital, London)
- Registered Nurse
- Clinical Educator
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Attachment disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bullying
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Physical abuse
- Relationship problems
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
A sense of Isolation and alienation from others.
Counselling session are one hour and I generally see clients weekly. However appointments can be more or less frequent than this and shift patterns can also be worked around.
Personal change takes its own time so it's difficult to estimate how many sessions an individual will need. Some clients feel ready to end in fewer than six sessions, but the decision to end is always the clients.
Fees £40 per hour.
Typically Oldpain2 go session take about 1 hour are usually a one off session. Fees for this are
currently being offered at a reduced rate of £50 per hour.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Currently I am unavailable.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|