Annette Cooper ~ Pg.Dip Counselling and Psychotherapy
Hello, I'm Annette, an experienced counsellor here to help with life’s difficulties.
I have supported many people get back on track, find a new direction or lead a more connected and fulfilling live. I work with you to help you to realise your goals and move towards living a more meaningful life.
We are living in very stressful times, maybe you are needing some help with managing your feelings around this. If so, I would be pleased to help you with that. In therapy you can get to know yourself a bit more and make choices about how you want to be in the world.
I have completed on 80 hour course learning more about telephone and video working and am happy to work via zoom or telephone.
Working with me.
I have extensive experience in working with EAP clients. I am also currently working withAdult survivors of sexual abuse. I am also experienced in dealing with Bereavement issues.
I have integrated my counselling and nursing experience of dealing with people who have health related issues such as chronic illness and also those people affected by cancer.
I am an Oldpain2go Practitioner and would welcome clients who have pain related issues such as fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, M.E and arthritis. I do not work with clients who have recent pain (ie; in the last 6 months) and I do require that the client has been to and received a diagnosis from their GP.
Currently I am offering online (zoom) and telephone counselling only at the moment. Zoom is easy to use and so if you are not familiar with it then no worries I will help you to " get up to speed" with this.
Please contact me and I offer a 15 minute consultation to discuss how we might work together.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have my own private practice and have worked with many people suffering from anxiety, stress, depression, bullying, relationship issues, bereavement, self harm, generalised anxiety disorder, panic attacks, low self esteem, social anxiety, feeling sad and more.
As a member of BACP and NCS, I am bound by their Code of Ethics and Practice and subject to its complaints procedure. I am also trained in critical incident stress debriefing and can attend incidents which have occurred in the workplace.
Training, Qualifications and Experience
- Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy - (Stirling University)
- Certificate in Counselling Skills - (Glasgow University)
- ACT - Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (online training)
- I have trained with Babette Rothschild in Somatic Trauma Therapy Training.
- Mindfulness and Compassion training with the mindfulness association.
- CBT Toolkit training.
- Level 4 certificate in Counselling skills with children.
- Working with partners of trans identified people.
- Critical incident stress debriefing.
- Facilitation training with PCT Scotland
- Working with Adult Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse.
- Oldpain2go Practitioner.
- Level one and two EFT - Strathclyde University.
Previous Training, Qualifications and experience
- Post Graduate Diploma in Critical Care Nursing and Specialist Practitioner Qualification . (Glasgow University).
- Non Medical Prescriber
- Advanced Clinical Examination Skills Training.
- Advanced Life Support Instructor (Western Infirmary, Glasgow)
- JBCNS - Cardio-Thoracic Nursing ( Brompton Hospital, London)
- Registered Nurse
- Clinical Educator
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
National Counselling Society
The National Counselling Society
This Not For Profit association of counsellors and psychotherapists aim to support the counselling profession, members and training organisations.
In 2013 the NCS register was accredited by the Professional Standards Authority under the Accredited Voluntary Register Scheme. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- A sense of Isolation and alienation from others.
- I work in a non Pathologising way with Gender, Sexual and Relationship Diversity.
From £45.00 to £55.00
Free initial telephone or online session
Counselling session are one hour and there is a sliding scale from £45 to £55
Personal change takes its own time so it's difficult to estimate how many sessions an individual will need. Some clients feel ready to end in fewer than six sessions, but the decision to end is always the clients.
Typically Oldpain2 go session take about 1 hour are usually a one off session. Fees for this are currently being offered at a reduced rate of £50 per hour.
I am also pleased to say that I am available for new clients and a EAP work.