01424 775 184 / 07804411315
AAAC provides Individual Counselling to Adults (18+), Male and Female, who have experienced Childhood Sexual Abuse and other forms of Childhood Abuse.
We provide NHS funded short term solution focused therapy for Adults registered with a GP in Hastings, Rother, Bexhill, and St.Leonards. To access the NHS service referrals are only accepted from GP's, Mental Health Services and other Community Support Services.
We do provide a private fee-paying service to Adults who have experienced Abuse and Trauma in Childhood. The length of the therapy will be agreed between you and your therapist at the assessment.
Self-referrals are accepted by contacting us directly or completing the referral form on our website.
Therapists work from various settings within the community, which includes, Hastings Old Town, GP surgeries in Hastings/St Leonards, Bexhill Health Centre, Battle area and recently we have begun offering sessions near Rye.
Please note our therapy rooms in Hastings Old Town do not have disabled access.
Please note we do not offer Home Visits or Telephone Counselling.
AAAC is currently developing a Support Service for clients on our waiting list who would like or need help whilst waiting for their therapy to commence.
Training, qualifications & experience
Therapists at AAAC have undertaken a minimum of 3 years training to Diploma level. They are all specialised and experienced in issues of Childhood Sexual Abuse, Child Abuse & Trauma. In addition. The service may at times offer placements to carefully selected students in their final year of training.
• Adhere to the BACP 'Ethical Framework,' click the link to find out more www.bacp.co.uk
• Hold Professional Insurance for all aspects of their work
• Are DBS Certified
• Attend Monthly Supervision as per BACP requirements with a qualified Supervisor
• Undertake a minimum of 30 hours Continued Professional Development Training Annually
Therapeutic Support Workers
- Are qualified to L3 in their therapeutic counsellor training
- Have undertaken specialised training 'working with Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse'
- Adhere to BACP 'Ethical Framework'
- Hold Student status Professional Insurance
- Are DBS Certified
- Attend Monthly Supervision
- Are 'Counsellors in Training - Diploma Level'
Member organisations *
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling we deal with
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Art therapy/Art psychotherapy
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Equine therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Other therapies
- Person-centred therapy
- Play therapy
- Psychoanalytic therapy
Photos & videos
Under the NHS contract with Hastings & Rother Clinical Commissioning Group, we provide up to 10 sessions to each client free of charge
Private Therapy Fees depends on individual therapists fees and will range from £35.00 - £50.00 per weekly session, with the Assessment Fee being a set £55.00
New support service will be set at a weekly minimal fee
AAAC is currently developing a Support Service for clients on our waiting list who would like or need help whilst waiting for their Individual sessions to start.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Our therapy rooms in Hastings Old Town are not suitable for disabled access
Monday - Saturday at various times between 9am and 6pm
Types of client