Cathie Hendrick - Counsellor, Psychotherapist, and Supervisor MBACP, UKCP
2 Peace & Plenty
01404 823881 / 07810 813100
I am a qualified counsellor, psychotherapist and supervisor. A member of BACP for many years, and UKCP accredited. I see clients in Whimple village, Budleigh Salterton and Exeter - all in Devon. And also Glasgow city centre, in Scotland.
I'm committed to offering therapy in a safe, confidential and non-judgemental environment. I believe you, the client are the expert on your own life situation, and I work in a way that honours this. To supplement this way of working (where a client wishes it) I also offer 'experiential focusing' - a gentle way of linking mind and body which can assist getting to the heart of a client's discomfort. My website lets you know more about me and how I may be able to help you.
My experience and qualifications allow me to integrate mindfulness practice into the way I work. Mindfulness is a particular way of paying attention to our thoughts and feelings that can help us live with more ease, and a greater sense of well-being.
I also provide individual supervision to professionals (or trainees) in the counselling, psychotherapy and other health care professions.
Training, qualifications & experience
MA (Psych), PG Diploma (Couns), UKCP, MBACP
- Masters in Mindfulness Psychotherapy (Core Process), from the Karuna Institute, accredited by Middlesex University
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Person-Centred Counselling, from the University of East Anglia
- IPT (Interpersonal Therapy) for Depression, NHS, Devon
- Professional Supervision training, from CSTD (Centre for Supervision and Team Development), in Bath
- UKCP accredited Psychotherapist, MBACP Counsellor
- Various supplementary trainings in trauma, anxiety, stress and depression, addiction relief, and bereavement
- Currently following Post-Graduate Professional Mindfulness training with Exeter University to qualify as teacher of Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction, and Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy (MBSR and MBCT)
Currently, I work within the NHS across a range of medical surgeries in South Devon. I also have a counselling, psychotherapy and supervision private practice covering Exeter, East Devon and surrounding areas.
My past work over many years has allowed me the scope to gain considerable experience collectively working as counsellor, psychotherapist, mentor, and supervisor; initially within business, education, and therapeutic agencies. And, in more recent years, within NHS Primary Care and private practice.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I am currently working towards completion of an EMDR qualification (Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing). Research shows that this treatment integrated into a therapeutic relationship can be helpful in bringing an increased sense of well-being and relief for clients - particularly those suffering the effects of trauma and abuse.
£50 for each counselling or psychotherapy session.
An initial meeting session is £30
£50 for each supervision hour
An initial meeting session is £30
Concessions may be available.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I have been working as supervisor to professionals and trainees in the counselling, psychotherapy and other caring professions for many years.View supervision profile