Cathie Hendrick - Counsellor, Psychotherapist, and Supervisor MBACP, UKCP
I am a qualified counsellor, psychotherapist and supervisor. A member of BACP for many years, and UKCP accredited. I recently moved my private practice from Devon to my home city of Glasgow.
I'm committed to offering therapy in a safe, confidential and non-judgemental environment. I believe you, the client are the expert on your own life situation, and I work in a way that honours this. To supplement this way of working (where a client wishes it) I also offer 'experiential focusing' - a gentle way of linking mind and body which can assist getting to the heart of a client's discomfort. My website lets you know more about me and how I may be able to help you.
My experience and qualifications allow me to integrate mindfulness practice into the way I work. Mindfulness is a particular way of paying attention to our thoughts and feelings that can help us live with more ease, and a greater sense of well-being.
I also provide individual supervision to professionals (or trainees) in the counselling, psychotherapy and other health care professions.
Training, qualifications & experience
MA (Psych), PG Diploma (Couns), UKCP, MBACP
- Masters in Mindfulness Psychotherapy (Core Process), from the Karuna Institute, accredited by Middlesex University
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Person-Centred Counselling, from the University of East Anglia
- IPT (Interpersonal Therapy) for Depression, NHS, Devon
- Professional Supervision training, from CSTD (Centre for Supervision and Team Development), in Bath
- UKCP accredited Psychotherapist, MBACP Counsellor
- Various supplementary trainings in trauma, anxiety, stress and depression, addiction relief, and bereavement
- Currently completing a Post-Graduate Professional Mindfulness training with Exeter University to qualify as teacher of Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction, and Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy (MBSR and MBCT)
Currently, I work within the NHS across a range of medical surgeries. I also have a counselling, psychotherapy and supervision private practice in Glasgow's West End, easily accessible by bus, train, car or subway.
My past work over many years has allowed me the scope to gain considerable experience collectively working as counsellor, psychotherapist, mentor, and supervisor; initially within business, education, and therapeutic agencies. And, in more recent years, within NHS Primary Care and private practice.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
£55 for each counselling or psychotherapy session.
An initial meeting session is £30
£55 for each supervision hour
An initial meeting session is £30
Concessions may be available.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Wheelchair user access:|| |
I offer therapy in a comfortable ground floor room.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I have been working as supervisor to professionals and trainees in the counselling, psychotherapy and other caring professions for many years.