Helen Ferreira: DIP Counselling, M BACP
Hello, my name is Helen. Very often things stand in our way to us enjoying even the simplest pleasures in life. You may need help with Anger, Anxiety, Guilt, Shame, Depression or Stress. You may be experiencing a Relationship Breakdown, Struggling to come to terms with the death of someone close or you may want to become more Self Aware, understanding yourself and those around you, then my Counselling Service is here to help you.
I am also experienced in supporting victims of sexual assault and rape and survivors of childhood sexual abuse including those that have dissociative symptoms due to the trauma that they have experienced. I understand the importance to offer you a safe confidential non-judgmental environment.
I offer you Counselling from premises I use in Childswickham near to Broadway, Evesham and the Cotswolds in Worcestershire on the border of Gloucestershire
I have Ten years experience working with people who need help working through various and numerous issues. It has been a pleasure and a privilege to have worked alongside people and witnessed positive change in their lives.
I'm a qualified children's counsellor who also works for Teens in Crisis as a schools counsellor.
I use an integrative counselling approach so that I can respond to the individual needs of my clients.
Our first meeting together you will be able to tell me something of your story and what it is that has brought you for counselling. You can then decide if you feel you would like me to be your counsellor as it is important for you to feel comfortable in the counselling relationship.
If you have any questions or are interested in coming to see me for counselling please contact me with no obligation, by email or phone. I have my phone turned down when I am with a client. If you leave a message I will get back to you as soon as possible.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced Specialist Training Counselling Children & Young People
- Postgraduate Certificate in Advocacy for Victims of Sexual Violence
- Diplomas in Counselling - Psychodynamic Person Centered CBT
- Sexual Abuse in Childhood
- Insight into Eating Disorders
- Trauma and the Body: Somatisation & Dissociation (PODS)
- Insight into Anger
- Addictions Awareness & Adolescent Development
- Protecting Children from Child Exploitation
- Equality, Diversity, Disability Discrimination, Personality, Spirituality
- Understanding Self Understanding Others
- NCSCT Stop Smoking Behavioral Support
- Basic life SupportSafeguarding Children & Vulnerable Adults
- Personality Disorder
- CAP Money Coach - Money Management and Budgets
- Risk Awareness & Suicide Prevention
- Working With People Who Self Harm
- Assessments based on Enhanced Evidence Based Practice for CYP
- Advanced Certificate in Counselling - Loss & Bereavement
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder Attachment Disorder
- Overcoming Depression Overcoming Anxiety
- Young People, Anger, Hatred, Aggression & Disapointment
Trainee Trainer on Advanced Specialist Training Course for CYP
Senior Counsellor at Teens in Crisis School Counsellor
I am a registered member of British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (professional accrediting body) and abide by their ethical framework for good practice and subject to its professional conduct procedure. I have full professional indemnity insurance and hold an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Child related issues
- Childhood bullying
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Childhood Sexual Abuse
Self esteem and Low confidence
physical and sexual abuse
When there doesn't seem to be any one who understands or there is no one to talk to.
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
£40.00 per hour session for individuals
£50.00 per session for couples
Appointments are available:
9.15am - 8.00pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday
5.00pm - 8.00pm Wednesday 9.15am - 5.00pm Friday
I may be able to make arrangements outside of these hours if they are not convenient for you.
Concessions are available for those in financial difficulty.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Appointments available: 9.15am - 8.00pm Monday,Tuesday, Thursday Wednesday 5pm - 8pm Friday 9.15am - 5.00pm Friday
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|