Margot Schiemann - Counsellor, Psychotherapist & Supervisor
I have been for over thirty years in private practice, working with individuals, couples, groups and staff teams. I have also worked in many other settings, including the NHS, Social Services and the business community. I teach and supervise counsellors, psychotherapists and psychologists and I am a BAPPS and UKCP registered supervisor. My services conform to the UKCP and their codes of ethics and practice. I am experienced in working with a diverse range of ages and cultural and religious backgrounds. I have a special interest in creativity and community-building.
- I offer short and long term counselling/psychotherapy.
- I run groups aimed at helping people to develop their capacity for more rewarding personal and work relationships.
In my work with teams, I offer individual and group consultations, Reflective Practice, as well as management development, team building and training and I am Bupa and Aviva registered. I have worked with staff in the NHS, the private sector, the creative industries and the business community
Psychotherapy or Counselling may be helpful with:
- Problems in relationships, with families or unresolved childhood issues
- Anxiety, stress, depression and hopelessness or other uncomfortable feelings
- Major life changes or emotional crises and difficulties in coping
- Lack of self-confidence and self-esteem or feeling overwhelmed with life
- Work-related stress, bullying, burnout, redundancy
- Sexual problems
- Addictions and eating disorders
- Loss, bereavement, divorce or separation
- Emotional impact of the menopause
- Abuse or trauma
- Difficulty in dealing with feelings of guilt, shame, frustration and anger
- Conflicts around cultural identity
- The need to change unfulfilling aspects of life
- A sense of meaninglessness in life
- Blocked creativity
- A need for personal development
I offer counselling/psychotherapy/supervision and team support in German as well as English.
What happens next?
The first step involves an initial consultation of 5o minutes in which we discuss the most appropriate form of therapy or counselling - and whether time-limited, long-term, individual, couple, or group therapy would prove most helpful.
You can either call me on: 0203 112 0031 or click here to send me an email.
Training, qualifications & experience
In 1983 I qualified in integrative psychotherapy and counselling at the Minster Centre, followed by a training at the Association for Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy at the NHS.
I obtained an MA in Psychoanalytic Studies at the Tavistock Clinic and East London University and I am a Training Group Analyst with the Institute of Group Analysis where I also qualified as a BAPPS accredited supervisor.
I am a member of the following organisations:
- UKCP - UK Council for Psychotherapy
- IGA - Institute of Group Analysis
- Fip - Forum for independent Psychotherapists
- BAPPS - British Association for Psychodynamic and Psychoanalytic supervision
- Minster Centre - Minster Centre for Integrative, Traditional and Humanistic Psychotherapy and Counselling
- EATGA - European Association of Transcultural Group Analysis
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
My aim is to help people towards a deeper understanding of themselves and their relationships.
Fees are negotiable and considered in context of income and affordability.
I have a particular interest in creativity and in community building.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mo, Tue, Thu, 23 College Crescent, London NW3 5LL
Weds 7.00am - 9pm - Hamilton House, WC19BD.
Tuesday:2pm - 8pm - Inst. of Group Analysis, Swiss Cottage, NW3.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I offer individual and group supervision: face to face and Skype.