Margot Schiemann - Psychotherapist - Group Analyst & Supervisor
I have been in private practice since 1986, working with individuals, couples, groups and staff teams. I have worked in many settings, including the NHS, Social Services and with the business community, including the creative industries. I teach and supervise counsellors, psychotherapists and psychologists and I am a BAPPS and UKCP registered supervisor. I am experienced in working with a diverse range of ages and cultural and religious backgrounds, and have a special interest in all aspects of creativity.
My services conform to the UKCP and their codes of ethics and practice.
- Short and long term counselling/psychotherapy.
- Group therapy aimed at helping people to develop their capacity for more rewarding personal and work relationships.
- Work with teams: individual and group consultations, Reflective Practice, management development, team building and training.
- Bupa, Aviva and EAP registered, experienced working with staff in the statutory services: the NHS and Social services, and in the private sector, the creative industries and the business community.
Psychotherapy or Counselling may be helpful with:
- Problems in relationships, with families, at work, or unresolved childhood issues
- Anxiety, stress, depression and hopelessness, or other uncomfortable feelings
- Major life changes or emotional crises and difficulties in coping
- Lack of self-confidence and self-esteem or feeling overwhelmed with life
- Work-related stress, bullying, burnout, redundancy
- Sexual problems
- Addictions and eating disorders
- Loss, bereavement, divorce or separation
- Emotional impact of the menopause
- Abuse or trauma
- Difficulty in dealing with feelings of guilt, shame, frustration and anger
- Conflicts around cultural identity
- The need to change unfulfilling aspects of life
- A sense of meaninglessness in life
- Blocked creativity
- A need for personal development
I offer counselling/psychotherapy/ group therapy/supervision and team support in German as well as English.
What happens next?
The first step involves you sending me an email, followed by an initial brief telephone call, and then a 50 minutes initial consultation. We discuss your therapy needs and whether myself or perhaps another therapist would be most suitable. If so, I would be able to refer you; I am connected to a large network of colleagues.
You can either call me on: 0203 112 0031 or click here to send me an email.
Training, qualifications & experience
In 1983 I qualified in integrative psychotherapy and counselling at the Minster Centre, followed by a training at the Association for Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy at the NHS.
I obtained an MA in Psychoanalytic Studies at the Tavistock Clinic and East London University and I am a Training Group Analyst with the Institute of Group Analysis where I also qualified as a BAPPS accredited supervisor.
I am a member of the following organisations:
- UKCP - UK Council for Psychotherapy
- IGA - Institute of Group Analysis
- Fip - Forum for independent Psychotherapists
- BAPPS - British Association for Psychodynamic and Psychoanalytic supervision
- Minster Centre - Minster Centre for Integrative, Traditional and Humanistic Psychotherapy and Counselling
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
My aim is to help people towards a deeper understanding of themselves and their relationships.
Photos & videos
Fees are negotiable and considered in context of income and affordability.
I have a particular interest in all aspects of creativity.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mo, Tue, Thu, 23 College Crescent, London NW3 5LL
Weds 7.00am - 9pm - Hamilton House, WC19BD.
Tuesday:2pm - 8pm - Inst. of Group Analysis, Swiss Cottage, NW3.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I offer individual and group supervision: face to face and Skype.