I have been in private practice since 1986, working with individuals, couples, groups and staff teams. I have worked in many settings, including the NHS and Social Services, and with members of the medical profession, the business community and the creative industries. I teach and supervise counsellors, psychotherapists and psychologists and I am a BAPPS and UKCP registered supervisor. I am experienced in working with a diverse range of ages and cultural and religious backgrounds. I have a special interest in all aspects of creativity and in the expression and development of the creative arts. I work face to face and online.
My services conform to the UKCP and their codes of ethics and practice.
- Short and long term psychotherapy and counselling.
- Group therapy which is aimed at helping people to develop their capacity for more rewarding personal and work relationships.
- Individual and group consultations for teams, reflective practice, management development, team building and training.
- I work for a number of healthcare providers, Aviva, Bupa, and EAP's.
Psychotherapy or Counselling may be helpful with:
- Problems in relationships, with families, at work, or unresolved childhood issues
- Anxiety, stress, depression and hopelessness, or other uncomfortable feelings
- Major life changes or emotional crises and difficulties in coping
- Lack of self-confidence and self-esteem or feeling overwhelmed with life
- Work-related stress, bullying, burnout, redundancy
- Sexual problems
- Addictions and eating disorders
- Loss, bereavement, divorce or separation
- Emotional impact of the menopause
- Abuse or trauma
- Difficulty in dealing with feelings of guilt, shame, frustration and anger
- Conflicts around cultural identity
- The need to change unfulfilling aspects of life
- A sense of meaninglessness in life
- Blocked creativity
- A need for personal development
I offer psychotherapy, counselling and group therapy, and supervision and team support, in German as well as English.
What happens next?
The first step involves you sending me an email, followed by an initial brief telephone call, and then a 50 minutes initial consultation. We discuss your therapy needs and whether I or perhaps another therapist would be most suitable. If so, I would be able to refer you; I am connected to a large network of colleagues.
You can either call me on: 0203 112 0031 or click here to send me an email.
Training, qualifications & experience
In 1983 I qualified in integrative psychotherapy and counselling at the Minster Centre, followed by a training at the Association for Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy at the NHS.
I obtained an MA in Psychoanalytic Studies at the Tavistock Clinic and East London University and I am a Training Group Analyst with the Institute of Group Analysis where I also qualified as a BAPPS accredited supervisor.
I am a member in the following organisations:
- UKCP - UK Council for Psychotherapy
- IGA - Institute of Group Analysis
- Fip - Forum for independent Psychotherapists
- BAPPS - British Association for Psychodynamic and Psychoanalytic supervision
- Minster Centre - Minster Centre for Integrative, Traditional and Humanistic Psychotherapy and Counselling
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
UK Council for Psychotherapy
The UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) is a leading professional body for the education, training and regulation of psychotherapists and psychotherapeutic counsellors. Its register is accredited by the government's Professional Standards Authority.
As part of its commitment to protect the public, it works to improve access to psychotherapy, to support and disseminate research, to improve standards and to respond effectively to complaints against its members.
UKCP standards cover the range of different psychotherapies. Registration is obtained by training or accrediting with one of its member organisations, or by holding a European Certificate in Psychotherapy. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
My aim is to help people towards a deeper understanding of themselves and their relationships.
EAP/Health Insurance Providers
Fees are negotiable and considered in context of income and affordability.
Mo, Tue, We, Thu: 23 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London NW3 5LL
Tuesday: 2pm - 8pm - IGA, Institute of Group Analysis,
Swiss Cottage, Finchley Road, London NW3 5BY
I have a particular interest in all aspects of creativity.