William Fley, MA, PG. Dip, MBsS, MBACP Accredited
I believe we are all in a constant journey of becoming; and many of us have learned to 'tune out' and not listen to ourselves and our bodies. I offer a space to readjust, reevaluate and restructure the elements of our lives which are lost, broken and forgotten. Many people who undergo serious trauma or life-changing events require a holistic approach to treatment; where people are understood and not judged, and can be confident that their lives will improve. I have worked in the following areas:
In particular I work and teach around the area of 'Absent Father's', dealing with abandonment, be-trail, loss around the issues of homes without dads.
- Men's issues: intimacy, midlife crises, and relationships
- Living with pain, illness and living well, using mindfulness-based approaches
- Depression, using mindfulness-based approaches
- Crisis and midlife issues
- Issues of difference: belonging & identity
- Bereavement and loss
- Absent fathers: the effects
- The forgiveness model
I provide solution-focused short-term therapy and long-term counselling as an integrative psychotherapist, including mindfulness-based approaches; I am fully accredited by the BACP, and a BPS graduate member.
I have 2 consulting rooms, one in Midhurst and Petersfield, South-downs . In addition, I also offer an online counselling service, together with telephone and Skype sessions which are more flexible and therefore can be tailored around your availability.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MA, Birkbeck College, University of London.
- BA (Hons) in Psychology. Richmond American International University, London.
- Post Graduate Certificate in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy, Regent's College, London.
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy, University of Surrey.
- Breathworks: Fully accredited Mindfulness teacher
- Oxford Mindfulness Centre
- MBACP (full accredited membership of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy)
- UKRCP (United Kingdom Register of Certified Practitioners)
- APA (American Psychological Association - International affiliate)
- BPS (British Psychological Society) Graduate member
www.meditationcircle.co.uk and www.mnpc.co.uk
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
Counselling sessions £50 or for individuals, or
Mindfulness sessions £40 /session
I hold a few places for people with low income who are struggling
I am able to undertake counselling via Skype and telephone.
Arrangements are made to suit the needs of the client, but most clients have weekly sessions.
The first step is an initial assessment of your needs to determine whether counselling and psychotherapy is right for you. The assessment session is 1.5 hours.
Our counselling sessions take place on a one-to-one basis at my private clinic, and last for 50 minutes.
The aim of counselling is to create a safe, non judgmental, compassionate environment. All discussions are confidential, and I am bound by the BACP Code of Ethics and Practice.
I worked within NHS for a few years, addressing grief and loss. Then worked with the public sector supporting trauma victims adjust and rehabilitate their lives has a tragic or life changing incident. I am currently researching the legacy of absent fatherhood and the long lasting effects.
What is counselling and its benefits?
Counselling is a unique time to engage in a process which can cultivate clarity and help to unravel life's crises. For example, being separated from those we love and care about - whether through divorce or bereavement - can trigger a cycle of depression, anxiety, wrong decisions, substance abuse, vulnerability and years of indecisiveness and negative spirals. The therapeutic process cultivates awareness and insight and nurtures real change.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
This can be arranged. Please enquire. Home visits are also possible.
Session times vary. Please enquire for details. I also work on Skype and by telephone.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|