William Fley, MA, PG. Dip, MBsS, MBACP Accredited
07802841444 / 07802 841444
Life can be challenging and an upwards struggle; sometimes we find ourselves feeling out of control and unable to cope. Therapy can help gain a better understanding of oneself through identifying the stumbling blocks that seemingly hold us back. It’s an opportunity to look at the things that aren’t working or don’t feel right and think about how we might change.
I offer a free 15 minute confidential telephone consultation to answer any questions you might have before making an appointment. If you don't reach me, please leave a message on my voice mail, and I will call you back when I can, usually within 48 hours. To make an appointment or to contact me please email: firstname.lastname@example.org : or call 07802 841 444.
Areas that I work with include:
- Men's issues, intimacy, Midlife crises, and relationships
- Living with pain, illness and living well, using mindfulness-based approaches
- Depression, using mindfulness-based approaches
- Crisis and midlife issues
- Issues of difference: belonging & identity
- Bereavement and loss
- Absent fathers: the effects
- The forgiveness model
I provide solution focused short term therapy and long-term counselling as an integrative psychotherapist, including mindfulness-based approaches; I am fully accredited by the BACP, and am a BPS graduate member.
I have 2 consulting rooms, one in Midhurst and one in the New Forest. In addition, I also offer an online counselling service, together with telephone and Skype sessions which are more flexible and therefore can be tailored around your timetable.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MA Birkbeck College. University of London.
- BA (Hons) in Psychology. Richmond American International University, London.
- Post Graduate Certificate in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy, Regent's College, London.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy, University of Surrey.
- Breathworks : Mindfulness teacher (2015-2016).
- Oxford Mindfulness Centre summer school 2016.
- MBACP (full accredited membership of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy)
- UKRCP (United Kingdom Register of Certified Practitioners)
- APA (American Psychological Association - International affiliate)
- BPS (British Psychological Society) Graduate member
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
Photos & videos
Counselling sessions £50 or for individuals, or
Mindfulness sessions £40 /session
I hold a few places for people with low income who are struggling
I am able to undertake counselling via Skype and telephone.
Arrangements are made to suit the needs of the client, but most clients have weekly sessions.
The first step is an initial assessment of your needs to determine whether counselling and psychotherapy is right for you. The assessment session is 1.5 hours.
Our counselling sessions take place on a one-to-one basis at my private clinic, and last for 50 minutes.
The aim of counselling is to create a safe, non judgmental, compassionate environment. All discussions are confidential, and I am bound by the BACP Code of Ethics and Practice.
I worked within NHS for a few years, addressing grief and loss. Then worked with the public sector supporting trauma victims adjust and rehabilitate their lives has a tragic or life changing incident. I am currently researching the legacy of absent fatherhood and the long lasting.
What is counselling and its benefits?
Counselling is a unique time to engage in a process which can cultivate clarity and help to unravel life's crises. For example, being separated from those we love and care about - whether through divorce or bereavement - can trigger a cycle of depression, anxiety, wrong decisions, substance abuse, vulnerability and years of indecisiveness and negative spirals. The therapeutic process cultivates awareness and insight and nurtures real change.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
This can be arranged. Please enquire. Home visits are also possible.
Session times vary. Please enquire for details. I also work on Skype and by telephone.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|