Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
This professional is available for new clients.
This professional is available for new clients.
Life throws us many challenges and we all need some help from time to time. Together we can explore uncomfortable thoughts and feelings in a safe and non-judgemental environment to help improve your mood, cope better, and think more fondly about yourself.
My counselling experience is in helping with a wide range of concerns and I hope to arm you with understanding and tools to help you build the skills you need to feel more like yourself again.
To help you achieve your goals, amongst other things, I can collaborate with you to:
- help you reduce your anxiety or stress
- improve your mood and general wellbeing
- relax rule bound behaviour and perfectionism
- increase your self-esteem by learning to appreciate and value yourself
- improve your self-confidence to increase your belief in yourself and your abilities
- help you reduce negative thoughts around your body image
- find ways to address yo-yo dieting and put into practice a longer term sustainable strategy
- understand and cope with the psychological impact and effects of living in a larger body
- help you understand why you binge eat and work towards stopping
- help you with behaviour changes and after bariatric surgery
- develop understanding and coping skills to help with hormone related issues, including perimenopause and the menopause
I appreciate that the thought of approaching someone with things that are difficult to talk about is a daunting prospect so please know that I will be kind and empathetic. As a pluralistic trained counsellor, I understand that our relationship is key to making you feel comfortable enough to trust that we can work together safely, in a way that suits you.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a qualified Pluralistic Counsellor and Registered Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy:
- MSc Counselling (Abertay University)
- Graduate Certificate in Counselling Skills (Abertay University)
- Certificate in Practitioner Skills in Obesity Management (National Centre for Eating Disorders)
- Certificate in Online and Telephone Therapy (Counselling Tutor)
- Scotland's Mental Health First Aid
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training/ASSITS
- Emotional Freedom Technique - An Introduction
- Transactional Analysis TA101 & TA202
Working with Eating Disorders and Obesity:
- Practitioner Skills for the Management of Obesity
- Practitioner Skills for Eating Disorders
- Nutritional Interventions for Eating Disorders
- Body Image Issues / Body Dysphoria
- Neurodiversity in Eating Disorders and Obesity Master Class
- Socratic Questioning for Eating Disorders and Obesity
- Working with Eating Disorders and Obesity
- Counselling for the Bariatric Patient
Other Professional Development:
- Breathwork for Anxiety and Trauma Recovery
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder Workshops 1&2
- Working Pluralistically with Suicidal Clients
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Disordered Eating: helping people who struggle with their weight.
£45.00 - £50.00
Free initial telephone or online session
Concessions offered for
For a 50 - 60 minute appointment I charge £45 for an online or telephone session, and £50 for a face to face session.
When I work
I work afternoons and evenings Monday to Thursdays. I can usually find a time to suit you.
Getting in Touch
Please don't hesitate to send me an email if you would like to arrange a free initial 30 minute appointment. This will allow you to meet me, to help you decide if I am the right counsellor for you.
I prefer online counselling but I do have limited in-person availability in the centre of Dundee. I can also offer telephone counselling.