Are you finding life difficult at the moment, stressed or anxious at work or home? Or are things just getting on top of you? Talking can help you move to a more positive position and improve or resolve issues you are facing.
Over several years of counselling with people of all ages, I have come to appreciate how the experiences in our formative years as children and young adolescents are so significant in how we respond to events in our day-to-day lives. I have experience working with many of the different issues that come up in every day life such as anxiety, depression, trauma and bereavement.
I work intuitively with you to help clarify your thoughts and feelings and enable you to see things from a different perspective. My main objective is to work with you to understand yourself better, and to allow you to move forwards with your life.
Located in the centre of Hertford, my office offers a neutral setting for discussions in a discreet and friendly environment, with free parking. For further information please visit my website or contact me.
- "I have to confess I wasn't sure what it'd be like working with a male counsellor before my first session, but working with Vincent was the most effective experience I've had with counselling so far. He made me feel welcome and relaxed, and my concerns were immediately allayed. I definitely felt like we went on a journey together which has brought me to a place where I'm much more contented with myself as a person and confident in my own abilities and decisions. Thank you Vincent for your patience and support." Ms EM, Herts, March 2018
- "My teenage son was suffering from severe anxiety and had counselling with Vincent over many months. Right from the very first session I could see that Vincent was helping my son to cope with his anxiety. Vincent is very easy to talk to, calm and measured and also extremely professional. Vincent was also very sensitive when it was time for the sessions to finish, recognising that moving on is a challenging but important step." Mrs R S, Herts, January 2018
- "I used to feel stressed out all the time but Vincent helped me calm down and feel happy again." Mrs R S's son, January 2018
- "I had no previous experience of counselling prior to meeting with Vincent. When I started I was highly self critical and trapped by previous experiences. I had to work hard but Vincent worked just as hard with me. Today I am in a far better place compared to when I started. Having counselling has changed my life for the better. I would not hesitate to go back. I am extremely grateful to Vincent and I would not hesitate to recommend him to others." Mr R H, December 2017
- "Vincent was warm, friendly and easy to talk too. I came out of each session with more clarity, and in the subsequent week would unknowingly put things we’d discussed into practice, which made me feel less anxious, and better prepared facing into the next challenge. It really is good to talk". Miss A H, Herts, June 2017
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced Diploma in Humanistic Integrative Counselling: Covering Humanistic integrative, person-centred, Gestalt behavioural theories including CBT and Psychodynamic.
- Foundation course in Psychodynamic and Person-Centred Counselling, Hertfordshire University
- Stage 4 EMDR trained (Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing): World recognised treatment for trauma and PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder).
- Secondary Academy School, Potters Bar: provided counselling services to young adults at a mixed secondary school.
- Enfield Carers, Enfield: provided counselling to long-term carers finding it difficult to cope caring for a family member.
- St Albans Bereavement Network, St Albans: worked with adults with overwhelming loss who had been referred to the Network by their GP.
- Secondary State School, Harpenden: provided counselling services to adolescents at a mixed Secondary School.
- 331, Young Person’s Walk-in Centre, Barnet: worked with adolescents and young adults from ages 13 to 23, liaising with schools and CAMHS (Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services) when required.
- Princes Trust, Barnet: counselled long-term carers caring for a family member.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
£50-60 per session, with each session being 50 minutes.
I also offer one or two sessions per week at reduced rates for students and low-income families. Please ask for further details.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday to Friday 10am to 8pm and Saturday 9am to 1pm
Types of client