Tina Hoar MBACP (registered)
Are you or your child struggling?
At times we can all experience anxiety, stress, depression, feeling sad, angry or have family or relationship issues which make us feel alone and scared. Sometimes we can become trapped by this and feel unable to move forward, whatever age we are! If this is you, you are not alone. The most up to date statistics tell us that one in four people will experience anxiety or depression at some point in their lives.
- I can offer you a safe, calm environment for one to one counselling for yourself or your child. A friendly place where we can talk and get to know each other. We will seek to understand the problem you are facing whether this is caused by current issues or events from your past and make a clear plan of how we can work together. We will find new ways and skills to deal with your feelings for example breathing exercises and relaxation technique can be really effective in managing anxiety. We will identify your strengths and empower you to move forward and alleviate any distress.
- For some people this can take a few sessions, for others it takes longer. I can accommodate whatever you need.
- I am a fully qualified counsellor, I adhere to the BACP code of ethics. My approach as a therapist is flexible depending on what you would like from therapy. I normally work in an integrative way which means that I incorporate different models of therapy, depending on who I am working with and what they are looking for. I am experienced in Solution focused therapy, Person centred therapy and Cognitive behaviour therapy. With young people and their parents I find Emotion Coaching is very effective.
- I am experienced at working with both adults and children.I have specialist experience in working with young people. I have worked as a School Counsellor in a large comprehensive school and have previously worked for PCAMHS (Primary Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service) I have supported young people with low self esteem or low self confidence, eating disorders, self harm,panic disorders, so I have a depth of experience in supporting young people and families at times of distress
- I try to offer a flexible approach to suit your lifestyle, evening and weekend appointments are available.
Training, qualifications & experience
Level 2 in Counselling Skills
Level 3 in Counselling Studies
Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
Full up to date DBS certificate
Level 2 Safeguarding for Children and vulnerable adults
Online and Telephone Counselling Diploma
Experienced School Counsellor
Previously worked at PCAMHS ( Primary Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service) for 3 years
Post Graduate Certificate in Education
CBT Introductory Training
Solution Focused Practise
Emotional Trauma Therapy
Applied Suicide Intervention Skills
Working with troubles and troublesome boys
Deliberate self harm and Suicidal Behaviour in Young People
Addressing sexting with young people
Emotional First Aid Anxiety Management
Solution focused therapy and anger Management
Dealing with Bereavement
Emotion Coaching Practitioner
Supporting disordered eating
Dealing with eating disorders
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
I offer an initial 30 minute session free of charge , to allow us to meet to discuss your needs and to see if we can work together. If we decide to proceed, the first full session will be payable in advance.
Sessions - £45 per 50 minute session
Concessions are available on request at this uncertain time.
Concessions offered for
It can be difficult to make the first step, please feel free to telephone or email me. I will be able to give you more information about myself and what you can expect from counselling. It's important that you or your child feel comfortable with what I am offering.