Tina Hoar MBACP (registered)
10 Gibbs Court
Are you or your child struggling?
- At times we can all experience anxiety, stress, depression, feeling sad, anger or family or relationship issues which make us feel alone.Sometimes we can become trapped by this and feel unable to move forward, whatever age we are! If this is you, you are not alone. The most up to date statistics tell us that one in four people will experience anxiety or depression at some point in their lives
- I can offer you a safe,calm homely environment for one to one counselling for yourself or your child. A friendly place where we can talk and get to know each other. We will seek to understand the problem you are facing whether this is caused by current issues or events from your past and make a clear plan of how we can work together. We will find new ways and skills to deal with your feelings for example breathing exercises and relaxation technique can be really effective in managing anxiety. We will identify your strengths and empower you to move forward and alleviate any distress.
- For some people this can take a few sessions, for others it takes longer. i can accommodate whatever you need.
- I am a fully qualified counsellor, I adhere to the BACP code of ethics. My approach as a therapist is flexible depending on what you would like from therapy. I normally work in an integrative way which means that I incorporate different models of therapy, depending on who I am working with and what they are looking for. I am experienced in Solution focused therapy, Person centred therapy and Cognitive behaviour therapy. With young people and their parents I find Emotion Coaching is very effective.
- I am experienced at working with both adults and children.I have specialist experience in working with young people. I am currently work as a School Counsellor in a large comprehensive school and have previously worked for PCAMHS (Primary Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service) I have supported young people with low self esteem or low self confidence, eating disorders, self harm,panic disorders, so I have a depth of experience in supporting young people and families at times of distress
- I try to offer a flexible approach to suit your lifestyle, evening and weekend appointments are available. Discounts can be arranged for block booking.
Training, qualifications & experience
Level 2 in Counselling Skills
Level 3 in Counselling Studies
Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
Full up to date DBS certificate
Level 2 Safeguarding for Children and vulnerable adults
Currently working as a School Counsellor
Previously worked at PCAMHS ( Primary Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service) for 3 years
Post Graduate Certificate in Education
CBT Introductory Training
Solution Focused Practise
Emotional Trauma Therapy
Applied Suicide Intervention Skills
Working with troubles and troublesome boys
Deliberate self harm and Suicidal Behaviour in Young People
Addressing sexting with young people
Emotional First Aid Anxiety Management
Solution focused therapy and anger Management
Dealing with Bereavement
Emotion Coaching Practitioner
Dealing with eating disorders
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
I offer a free initial 30 minute session, to allow us to meet to discuss your needs and to see if we can work together. If we decide to proceed, the first next session will be payable in advance.
Adults (18 and over) - £45 per 50 minute session
Young people ( 11 - 17) £40 per 50 minute session
Discounts are available for block booked sessions with payment in advance, please ask for details
It can be difficult to make the first step, please feel free to telephone or email me. I will be able to give you more information about myself and what you can expect from counselling. It's important that you or your child feel comfortable with what I am offering.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Evening and weekend appointments available
Types of client