Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Hi and welcome. I'm so pleased you have decided to take a look at my profile and consider counselling with me. I'm Sharon, a fully qualified and experienced counsellor offering online sessions from my home in London, UK and face-to-face, in person, in a comfortable counselling environment in Highgate north London.
- I have helped hundreds of people struggling with anxiety, low mood, bereavement or just not feeling good about themselves, to thrive.
- My offer includes sharing healthy coping strategies to help relieve symptoms of anxiety, stress and trauma, when needed.
- I am a friendly, safe and professional therapist and a young person's counsellor and really enjoy working with teenagers in schools and privately.
- I have worked as an Anxiety UK-approved therapist, at Mind and Cambridge University. I also set up and have run a counselling service in a girls secondary school for 7 years.
- I have a postgraduate qualification in working with young people and am also trained in the NHS-approved EMDR trauma therapy parts 1 and 2.
Everyone is different so I use therapeutic approaches and techniques tailored to best suit you and I listen to your feedback to see what is helping. My clients include those who have had poor experiences of therapy in the past.
- Having been there myself, I know it can sometimes take courage to contact a counsellor. You may feel worried you will be judged or wonder whether your situation warrants counselling. I offer a relaxed and friendly approach.
If you would like a free, no-obligation initial conversation about how I might be able to help you, please do get in touch. I look forward to hearing from you.
You've already made the first move by coming here. Why not call me today?
Choosing a counsellor is a very personal decision. You need to feel at ease with the person you are going to see. Here are some of the things my clients have said about having counselling with me:
"Sharon is a very warm, genuine and caring counsellor. She came across as very empathetic and understanding, yet would also challenge me when needed. Sharon helped me deal with my inner demons, fears, anxieties and low self-esteem." EW, Client
"I saw Sharon for depression and anxiety. I was nervous and not really sure what to expect. I was there seeking help for a problem that had been part of my life for over 20 years. However, Sharon's friendly and calm approach soon made me feel I was in safe hands." - ND, Client
"I have grown as a person since having counselling with Sharon and for that I am very grateful. I have recommended a friend to contact Sharon, since our sessions have finished, as I hold her in very high regard." EC, Client
"Starting counselling was the start of a real turning point in my life. Sharon provided a safe, comfortable environment. She was non-judgemental and gave me the space to explore my feelings." KS, Client
"Counselling with Sharon made a real positive difference to my Life and set me on the right path. I would just like to say many thanks for your help." MT, Client
"Attending counselling can be a little scary but Sharon put me at ease straightaway. It wasn't always easy but it was so worthwhile. I feel I have more control over my life." MC, Client
If you would like to talk to me about the help you are looking for please give me a call on 07852 464345 or send me an email.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced diploma in humanistic integrative counselling (a qualification accredited by the BACP)
- Diploma in humanistic integrative counselling
- Certificate in humanistic integrative counselling
- A Postgraduate Certificate in Working with Children, Young People and Families from the Tavistock Centre
- BSc degree in psychology.
- I am an accredited member of the BACP and a certified Cognitive Behavioural (CBT) Coach.
The courses I have completed include:
- Safeguarding children and young people
- Online counselling
- EMDR (a specialist treatment approved by the NHS for trauma)
- Working with shame.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
From £45.00 to £75.00
Concessions offered for
Fees are usually £75 per session. I also have three reduced-fee spaces available at any one time, priced at £45, for clients on low incomes, unemployed people and counselling students.
All sessions are 50 minutes.
When I work
Limited spaces currently available, daytime starting from 29 August. Please call me for more information.
Often the most difficult part of choosing a counsellor is making that first contact. To help you make that choice I am happy to answer any questions or concerns you might have.
To talk in confidence, please call me on 07852 464345 or click here to send me an email.