Sarah Speedy, PgDip, MBACP Registered Counsellor
I believe we all need to be a little more selfish when it comes to looking after our own mental wellbeing. I am a professional, independent, person-centred counsellor at my practice, The Selfish Space.
Here I offer a safe place that’s just for you – where you can explore your inner thoughts and feelings in a non-judgemental and empathic environment.
Together we will:
- Work at your pace, on the issues you want to explore
- Reflect and gain clarity on the root of any issue
- Consider the impact of your thought patterns and behaviours
- Make changes to help you move forward
- Work in a person-centred way, as well as drawing from other therapies to provide the best possible support for you
Visit www.theselfishspace.co.uk to find out more.
Book your free 30-minute session:
I offer a free 30-minute pre-counselling meeting as I believe it’s essential to feel comfortable with any therapist to get the best possible outcome for you.
Some clients prefer to start with a conversation over email or telephone, whilst others prefer a face-to-face discussion.
Simply get in touch on 07718 996107 or email me direct: email@example.com to get started.
(If you are making contact through the Counselling Directory contact form, please check your spam/trash filter box if you have not received a reply from me within a few hours of contact. Alternatively you can contact me direct via the email address above or via the eform on my website: www.theselfishspace.co.uk)
Training, qualifications & experience
As a qualified and registered (BACP) counsellor I have a wealth of both life and professional experience that underpins my therapeutic work. Alongside my own private practice I work with a national mental health charity as a counsellor, therapeutic assessor, therapeutic course facilitator and IAPT practitioner within NHS services.
I am committed to continuous personal and professional development, adhere to the BACP code of ethical practice and undertake regular supervision to ensure I am working in the best possible way to support clients.
Professional qualifications and training:
- PgDip Counselling and Psychotherapy Professional training (BACP accredited course)
- Graduate Certificate in Counselling
- BA (Hons) Sociology and Criminology
- Transactional Analysis Certificate
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Alexander Technique Certificate
- Safeguarding: Adults, Children and Young people
- Working with Children and Young people
- LGBT Awareness
- Brand development and implementation of internal training programmes
- Facilitating one to one and group: training, mediation and coaching
- Facilitating Group sessions for Anger Management and Mindfulness
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Alongside counselling I can also offer you short term solution focused work. This is very much aimed at managing a specific issue or area that will be set short tasks and goals which we will discuss and work on together, and which you will continue to work on outside of the counselling room.
This kind of work is usually focused on a 5-8 week time scale but can be negotiated.
Photos & videos
There is no expected minimum or maximum number of sessions. We will review our ongoing work together at regular intervals to ensure you are receiving the support you need and feel we are building a genuine and helpful relationship.
I offer a free initial meeting for 30 minutes with no obligation.
- One to One Counselling £40 (Adult and Young Persons)
- Couples Counselling £50
- Reduced Student Rate £25 (Places are limited)
- Telephone/Online Counselling £40
- Reduced income concessions are occasionally available (Places are limited)
- Discount available for blocked number of sessions
All session fees are for 1 therapeutic hour (50mins)
My Practice is based in a relaxed and comfortable private counselling room within Greenfield Saddleworth. There are great connection's to local transport and on street parking is also available.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
General practice hours are Monday to Wednesday 9.30am-6pm. Appointments occasionally offered outside of these hours depending on my availability, Sarah
Types of client