Dr. Nora Tsatsas, M.A., D.Cpl.Psych.
I have been working as a psychotherapist for individuals and couples for over 30 years. My work is to enable resolution of issues over a broad spectrum of relationship difficulties - both emotional and sexual.
People who find themselves unhappy or who wish to change their stuck or unfulfilled relationships, often seek a safe and confidential place to explore their concerns. Trying to identify these issues with friends and relatives can be difficult and unhelpful. In these cases it is important to find a supportive professional who can draw on knowledge and experience, and offer the possibility of informed choices for the future.
I will offer you an initial free-of-charge 50 minute session. During this time we will look at present concerns and consider the possibility of working together. It is not unusual for prospective clients not to be able to formulate clearly what changes they want to make, or to identify the exact cause of their unhappiness or feelings of being stuck. This initial consultation is often very helpful in order to gain a different perspective on the problems.
The process of psychotherapy is very personal to each one of us, depending on the reasons that make us embark on this journey.
If we decide to go ahead, then we will coordinate diaries so that we can find a mutually agreeable weekly appointment.
My areas of expertise include:
- anxiety and lack of motivation
- lack of communication with partner and a sense of isolation
- sexual difficulties, incompatibility with partners, loss of desire
- issues around pregnancy, birth, post-natal depression
- unresolved issues with family of origin
- relocation to a new country, cross-cultural and cross-lingual issues
- professional stress and its emotional impact
- aftermath of separation and bereavement
- life transitions
Training, qualifications & experience
I originally trained with Relate as a psychodynamic practitioner. Over the years I have drawn on a number of additional trainings at the Tavistock Centre for Couple Relationships (TCCR).
I have an MA in Attachment, Psychoanalysis and the Couple Relationship, 2011. I have a Professional Doctorate in Couple Psychotherapy. My work has been published in Couple and Family Psychoanalysis, Vol 1 No.1.
My psychosexual training was with London Marriage Guidance (LMG) and I am a member of COSRT. I have worked extensively with heterosexual and same sex couples, and with individuals.
I am a Senior Accredited Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and a Registered Member of UKCP. I abide by their ethical and professional guidelines and have professional liability insurance in place.
I am fully bilingual in Greek/English and offer workshops/trainings in both London and Athens, where I also practice. I have a particular interest in working with cross-cultural couples. I offer sessions for individuals and couples in English and Greek.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Career counselling
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Work-related stress
When you contact me, either by phone or email I will offer you an initial consultation free of charge.
Should we decide that counselling/psychotherapy is the way forward, my fees vary depending on whether you wish for a daytime appointment or an evening appointment and whether you will be attending as an individual or as a couple.
We can discuss fees in person.
My consulting room is very easily accessible by public transport. The nearest Underground station is Finchley Road (Jubilee, Metropolitan lines) and numerous buses pass by.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client