NewpageNewstart Therapy and Counselling service
07825963921 / 07825963921
Newpage-Newstart is a mental health service that supports individuals who have both diagnosed symptoms such as personality disorder, depression, OCD, stress, anxiety, low mood, self harm and suicidal behaviours or other undiagnosed issues that are causing concern and are impacting on a persons well-being
We want to prevent mental health issues escalating in both adults and young people and we believe that our combined use of DBT, CBT and Art therapy approaches are extremely effective in relation to recovery. What experience has taught us is that recovery is possible with the right kind of help and sometimes it takes a while before a person finds what is right for them to effect change in their lives. We also know for example, that someone may have a diagnosis of personality disorder as well as depression and anxiety and this is another reason why we use combined therapy. We know that lives can change and that it is about looking at the whole of a persons life and not just about the perceived issues that are causing distress
There are some images on this site that people who have used our art therapy component of the service have made, as part of their therapy and to promote communication. We are always very encouraging and proud of anyone who wants to post their image and respect that this is a very personal decision.
What you will receive from our service is a tailored approach that is flexible to your needs and lifestyle. Therefore we offer a free one hour consultation before any commitment is made.
Availability We are aware that some people can only attend in the evening or at weekends So although we are not a 24hr service, we are open throughout the week as therapy should be an accessible and stress free experience.
Sessions can be negotiated at any stage and there is no requirement to pay in advance for the therapy. We offer student and unwaged concessions
Training, qualifications & experience
- CBT/Acceptance and commitment therapies
- Art psychotherapy
- Emotional coping skills
- Solution Focussed therapy
- Dyadic therapy (DDP)with caregivers and their children up to age 17 yrs
- Safeguarding adults and children
- Working with autism and behavioural issues
- Person centred therapy
- Attachment and Loss
- EUPD, borderline and other PD diagnosis
- Mental health and Recovery models
- Self harming issues and suicide prevention
- Recovery models for depression, anxiety, self esteem and eating disorders
Please feel free to ask about other training and experience.
Member organisations *
Areas of counselling we deal with
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
- Postnatal depression
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Art therapy/Art psychotherapy
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Compassion-Focused Therapy
Photos & videos
75 minute sessions are offered and fees can be negotiated depending on age or financial circumstances. We want therapy to be available to everyone so please let us know if you are on benefits etc and we will do our best to help you.
A free one hour consultation is available before committing to therapy.
Another key feature of the service is that we can work therapeutically with parents and children including adoptive and post adoptive parents. But please ask for more details about this service as it would not be facilitated in our current place of practice
All other therapy sessions take place in a discreet location close to the town centre, Hallam University and travel routes. We do not have any signs outside the house which indicate that it is a therapy service as experience has taught us that this makes people feel uncomfortable. The service is staffed by two female therapists but only one of whom would be allocated to an individual for the duration of therapy
Please email or leave a text message for further information and we will respond within 24 hrs. We look forward to hearing from you, Jane and Trina .
Testimonies (in the clients and other professionals own words)
1. "I just wondered if you were still offering your kind support meetings one-to-one, which you did so wonderfully for me a couple of years ago. I have a friend who I feel would really benefit from sessions with you. I am in a much better place now, I am working full time , I have a relationship and more importantly I have learned to accept my past thanks to your sessions"
2."I have referred clients to this service and have been informed that they have found the therapy extremely helpful in moving forward in their recovery. They describe the therapists as ‘approachable, engaging and extremely compassionate’ and they have stated that the work they have done has helped them to explore feelings and thoughts in a way that they connect better with and have often struggled to connect with verbally previously.
I personally feel that this is a valuable resource and I hope this service continues to grow"
3. "I suffer with a history of depression and anxiety, and was most recently diagnosed with borderline personality disorder. I have been let down by several mental health services over the years but since I started attending therapy , I have finally started to manage my mental health in a positive way, I have been accessing DBT, and talking therapy that has helped me in so many ways. I feel more confident knowing I am getting real and professional help and support. It has taken me 9 years to find the right support and the service has helped me recover and manage my day to day life. Without therapy I would be lost and feel I would go downhill, I think it is important that services such as this are available to people that struggle mentally and emotionally. Engaging with a service like this will change many lives and has certainly changed mine for the better, before I started attending therapy I was suicidal, lost and not coping with life, 9 months down the line I am more career focused, as being a mum also it has helped me manage stuff around my child better and look towards the future."
4. "it's not just me that can see how far I've come over the last couple of years. You have helped me massively in the year of therapy you have delivered, you are brilliant at your job . You've helped me change my life and I will always be grateful. I have recently started reading and meditation to ground my self and it's great I'm finally starting to feel whole again."
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Please leave a text message or send an email and we aim to respond within 24 hours
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
We offer supervision for both counsellor and art therapy students at very discounted rates, £20 per 75 minute sessions.View supervision profile