NewpageNewstart Therapy and Counselling service
Newpage-Newstart therapy is a service designed to support individuals of all age groups. We are two therapists who have worked previously as part of the Reaching4ward therapy service and who have decided to collaborate because of our similar experiences in mental health issues, particularly personality disorders.
We are able to support people in all areas of mental health with or without a diagnosis, so this can include stress, anxiety, low mood, bullying, self harm and suicidal behaviours, personality disorder, social isolation, trauma and low self esteem. We want to prevent mental health issues escalating in both adults and young people and we believe that our combined use of therapy approaches are extremely effective in relation to recovery.
What you will receive from the service is a tailored approach that is flexible to your needs and lifestyle. Therefore we offer a free one hour consultation before any commitment is made. We are aware that some people can only attend in the evening or at weekends
Another key feature of the service is that we can work therapeutically with parents and children including adoptive and post adoptive parents
Sessions can be negotiated at any stage and there is no requirement to pay in advance for the therapy. We offer student and unwaged concessions
Training, qualifications & experience
- Mental health issues including;
- Personality disorders, depression, psychosis, anxiety, self esteem, eating disorders and stress
- Art psychotherapy
- Emotional coping skills
- Solution Focussed therapy
- Dyadic therapy with caregivers and their children up to age 17 yrs
- Suicide and self harm prevention
- Deaf awareness and disability in mental health
- Safeguarding adults and children
- Working with autism and behavioural issues
Relevant qualifications and training:
- MA Art Psychotherapy
- Person centred art therapy skills
- CBT/DBT/Acceptance and commitment therapies
- Approved Mental Health Professional
- Attachment and Loss
- Personality disorder, emotionally unstable, borderline and other PD diagnosis
- Mental health and Recovery models
- Independent counselling
- Self harming issues and suicide prevention
Please feel free to ask about other training and experience.
Member organisations *
Areas of counselling we deal with
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
- Postnatal depression
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Art therapy/Art psychotherapy
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
Photos & videos
75 minute sessions are offered and fees can be negotiated depending on age or financial circumstances. We want therapy to be available to everyone so please let us know if you are on benefits etc and we will do our best to help you
A free one hour consultation is available before committing to therapy.
Sessions take place in a discreet location close to the town centre, Hallam University and travel routes. We do not have any signs outside the house which indicate that it is a therapy service as experience has taught us that this makes people feel uncomfortable. The service is staffed by two female therapists
Please email or leave a text message for further information.
We are very aware that family, partners or friends of people attending for therapy may try and access the service to ask questions about these individuals, therefore we are extremely confidential in our approach and do not disclose information unless this has been agreed beforehand
Testimonies (in the clients and other professionals own words)
1. "I just wondered if you were still offering your kind support meetings one-to-one, which you did so wonderfully for me a couple of years ago. I have a friend who I feel would really benefit from sessions with you. I really feel that the art element of your therapy will be perfect for his needs. I am in a much better place now, I am working full time , I have a relationship and more importantly I have learned to accept my past thanks to your sessions"
2."I have been referring clients to this service for several months now, and from speaking to the clients I have referred- they have found the therapy extremely helpful in moving forward in the recovery. They describe the therapists as ‘approachable, engaging and extremely compassionate’ and they have stated that the work they have done has helped them to explore feelings and thoughts in a way that they connect better with and have often struggled to connect with verbally previously.
I personally feel that this is a valuable resource and I hope this service continues to grow"
3. "I suffer with a history of depression and anxiety, and was most recently diagnosed with borderline personality disorder. I have been let down by several mental health services over the years but since I started attending therapy , I have finally started to manage my mental health in a positive way, I have been accessing DBT, art therapy and talking therapy that has helped me in so many ways. I feel more confident knowing I am getting real and professional help and support. It has taken me 9 years to find the right support and the service has helped me recover and manage my day to day life. Without therapy I would be lost and feel I would go downhill, I think it is important that services such as this are available to people that struggle mentally and emotionally. Engaging with a service like this will change many lives and has certainly changed mine for the better, before I started attending therapy I was suicidal, lost and not coping with life, 9 months down the line I am more career focused, as being a mum also it has helped me manage stuff around my child better and look towards the future."
4. "it's not just me that can see how far I've come over the last couple of years. You have helped me massively in the year of therapy you have delivered, you are brilliant at your job . You've helped me change my life and I will always be grateful. I have recently started reading and meditation to ground my self and it's great I'm finally starting to feel whole again."
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client