NewpageNewstart Therapy Service
07825 963 921
Newpage-Newstart is a mental health service that supports individuals who have diagnosed symptoms such as personality disorder, depression, OCD, stress, anxiety, low mood, self harm and suicidal behaviours or other undiagnosed issues that are causing concern and are impacting on a persons well-being. We also support victims of sexual abuse by using trauma focussed therapies
We want to prevent mental health issues escalating in both adults and young people and we believe that DBT combined with other therapy approaches is extremely effective in relation to recovery. What experience has taught us is that recovery is possible with the right kind of support. We also know that someone may have a diagnosis of personality disorder as well as depression and anxiety and this is another reason why we use combined therapy. We know that lives can change and that it is about looking at the whole of a persons life and not just about the perceived issues that are causing distress.
There are some images on this site that people who have used our art therapy component of the service have made, as part of their therapy and to promote communication. We are always very encouraging and proud of anyone who wants to post their images and respect that this is a very personal decision.
What you will receive from our service is a tailored approach that is flexible to your needs and lifestyle. Therefore we offer a free one hour consultation before any commitment is made.
We are aware that some people can only attend in the evening or at weekends, so although we are not a 24hr service, we are open throughout the week as therapy should be an accessible and stress free experience.
Sessions can be negotiated at any stage and there is no requirement to pay in advance for the therapy. We offer student and unwaged concessions
Training, qualifications & experience
- CBT/Acceptance and commitment therapies
- Art psychotherapy
- Trauma therapies
- Emotional coping skills
- Solution Focussed therapy
- Dyadic therapy (DDP)with caregivers and their children up to age 17 yrs
- Safeguarding adults and children
- Working with autism and behavioural issues
- Person centred therapy
- Attachment and Loss
- Sexual abuse
- EUPD, borderline and other PD diagnosis
- Mental health and Recovery models
- Self harming issues and suicide prevention
- Recovery models for depression, anxiety, self esteem and eating disorders
Please feel free to ask about other training and experience.
Member organisations *
Areas of counselling we deal with
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
- Postnatal depression
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Art therapy/Art psychotherapy
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Compassion-Focused Therapy
Photos & videos
75 minute sessions are offered and fees can be negotiated depending on age or financial circumstances. We want therapy to be available to everyone so please let us know if you are on benefits etc and we will do our best to help you.
A free one hour consultation is available before committing to therapy.
We do not advertise on social media as we try to keep the service as discreet as possible and this way we have found that people who make contact with us are genuinely looking for support
The therapy sessions take place in a location close to the town centre, Hallam University and travel routes. We do not have any signs outside the house which indicate that it is a therapy service as experience has taught us that this can make some people feel uncomfortable. The service is staffed by two female therapists but only one of whom would be allocated to an individual for the duration of therapy. Please email or leave a text message for further information and we will respond within 24 hrs. We look forward to hearing from you, Jane and Trina .
Testimonies (in the clients and other professionals own words)
1. "I just wondered if you were still offering your kind support meetings one-to-one, which you did so wonderfully for me a couple of years ago. I have a friend who I feel would really benefit from sessions with you. I am in a much better place now, I am working full time, I have a relationship and more importantly I have learned to accept my past thanks to your sessions"
2."I have found the therapy extremely helpful in moving forward in my recovery. My therapist was approachable, engaging and extremely compassionate and the work we did together has helped me to explore feelings and thoughts that I had previously struggled to understand. I personally feel that this service is a valuable resource"
3. "I suffer with a history of depression and anxiety, and was most recently diagnosed with borderline personality disorder. I have been let down by several mental health services over the years but since I started attending therapy, I have finally started to manage my mental health in a positive way, I have been accessing DBT, and talking therapy that has helped me in so many ways. I feel more confident knowing I am getting real and professional help and support. It has taken me 9 years to find the right support and the service has helped me recover and manage my day to day life. Without therapy I would be lost and feel I would go downhill, I think it is important that services such as this are available to people that struggle mentally and emotionally. Engaging with a service like this will change many lives and has certainly changed mine for the better, before I started attending therapy I was suicidal, lost and not coping with life, 9 months down the line I am more career focused, as being a mum also it has helped me manage stuff around my child better and look towards the future."
4. "it's not just me that can see how far I've come over the last couple of years. You have helped me massively in the year of therapy you have delivered, you are brilliant at your job. You've helped me change my life and I will always be grateful. I have recently started reading and meditation to ground my self and it's great I'm finally starting to feel whole again."
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Please leave a text message or send an email and we aim to respond within 24 hours
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
We offer supervision for both counsellor and art therapy students at very discounted rates, £20 per 75 minute sessions.View supervision profile