Life can unravel when human beings experience trauma.
I offer different types support to help people explore greater independence, with the aim of helping people better cope with any current and future issues they may experience.
I am a counsellor and lecturer and have more than 38 years of experience in supporting, young people, adults and families. I have been working as a certified Counselling Professional since 2017. I specialise in helping people identify and achieve their personal goals by coping with the issues that are causing them distress, anxiety, and stress. I take great pride in the progress and success of my clients, and look forward to helping you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Doctorate in Philosophy – University of the West of England.
- MSc Applied Psychology – University of Portsmouth
- BA (Hons) Nursing with Education – Upper 2nd
- Counselling Skills Certificate – University of the West of England.
- Diploma in Counselling Psychology - University of the West of England.Counselling skills, including solution focused approaches, and modules in working with; couples, families and young people
- Certificate in Online Counselling skills – Online Counselling and Supervision Training organisation, OCST current
Professional Body Memberships
- The British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
- The Association for Counselling and Therapy Online (ACTO).
- Nursing & Midwifery Council – Registered Practitioner
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Eating disorders
- Gender dysphoria
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Sex problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
£45 per weekly session of 50 minutes.
Payment by cash, cheque or bak transfer
I have a current DBS check at the Enhanced level to work with Adults and Children.
I work with and adhere to the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy's "Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy".
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am currently offer evening sessions 6pm, 7pm and 8pm I also offer Friday afternoon session 2pm, 3 pm and 4pm.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|