Life can unravel when human beings experience trauma.
I offer different types support to help people explore greater independence, with the aim of helping people better cope with any current and future issues they may experience.
I am a counsellor and lecturer and have more than 38 years of experience in supporting, young people, adults and families. I have been working as a certified Counselling Professional since 2017. I specialise in helping people identify and achieve their personal goals by coping with the issues that are causing them distress, anxiety, and stress. I take great pride in the progress and success of my clients, and look forward to helping you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Doctorate in Philosophy – University of the West of England.
- MSc Applied Psychology – University of Portsmouth
- BA (Hons) Nursing with Education – Upper 2nd
- Counselling Skills Certificate – University of the West of England.
- Diploma in Counselling Psychology - University of the West of England.Counselling skills, including solution focused approaches, and modules in working with; couples, families and young people
- Certificate in Online Counselling skills – Online Counselling and Supervision Training organisation, OCST current
- Mental Health First Aid Trainer (MHFA)
Professional Body Memberships
- The British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
- The Association for Counselling and Therapy Online (ACTO).
- Nursing & Midwifery Council – Registered Practitioner
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£45.00 per session
Concessions offered for
£45 per weekly session of 50 minutes.
Payment by cash, cheque or bank transfer
I am currently offering evening telephone or video sessions 6pm, 7pm and 8pm I also offer Friday afternoon session 2pm, 3 pm and 4pm.
I have a current DBS check at the Enhanced level to work with Adults and Children.
I work with and adhere to the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy's "Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy".